Cellphones at C2

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by starfile, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfile Jedi Padawan

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not we'll be able to get a signal on our cell phones inside the convention center or not. My brother is coming into town at noon and I'll already be inside the convention center when he calls to let me know he's there.
  2. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    Excellent question. I hadn't even thought of that. I was planning to keep up with my son via our cell phones.

I'd also like to remind folks to turn off the ringer during seminars, concerts, etc or use head(ear)phones. The same goes for the 2way radios. You really don't want to interrupt the speakers.

Carolyn
  3. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    I'm taking my along, so I hope I can get a signal in the convention center.

I will have to figure out how to turn off the ringer though, as I've never done it before. ?[face_plain] I'm sure it's in the instructions though. :)

~*~Bria
  4. Dark_Elling Jedi Knight

star 1
    So as far as anyone knows 2 ways and cells WILL be allowed into C2?

5. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Bria.... Star Wars theme? Hello? Just put one of those many that are online and you can download for free and then you don't have to worry about being embarassed about your "Star Trek" ring. :)
  6. mikel_antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can see it now. The Star Wars Theme music starts playing and 1000 dorks (me included) reach for their phones :)

Let's keep those ringers off folks. :)
  7. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    Bumping this up in hopes someone knows the answer. ?[face_plain] Anyone use a cell phone in the convention center? How's the reception?

Thanks,
    Carolyn
  8. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    :eek: Star Trek? Never. :p

I um... actually have no special ring or anything. It's really embarrassing [face_blush], but I really don't know much about my cell phone. It was bought for emergencies and while it does get *some* use, we're talking mere minutes a month. :p I looked in my instruction book and while I found how to turn the ring down, I didn't find how to turn it off completely. ?[face_plain]

Like I said... I barely use it, and when I have, it's almost always been me calling out, not getting calls.

That'll change in Indy though. ;)

~*~Bria

9. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually...I've got The Imperial March ring tone that I'll be using in Indy. :cool:

And an R2-D2 ring tone...but I think The Imperial March will be much better for this kind of event. :D
  10. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    This will just cement my cluelessness, but um... how does one download something from the net and put it on their phone? ?[face_plain]

~*~Bria
  11. mikel_antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    Bria, it depends on the phone. You have to have the ability to recive text, although most phone have that ability now.

I found several good ring tones at...

http://www.zingy.com/ringtones.php

This site actually calls your phone with the ring tone, you don't download it.
  12. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Interesting. :) I checked it out, but I don't have the right kind of phone (mine is a Samsung) or company (verizon wireless). :(

Thanks anyway. :)

~*~Bria
  13. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just to give everyone a heads up, I spent the day in the Convention Center today :D and the reception is not real good, however, you can walk just a few feet away to the outside and get perfectly clear reception.

Hope this helps everyone out!
  14. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Thanks, whojedi. That is good to know. :)

~*~Bria
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.