main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Census & Games 2010 Pokemon Draft (your champion: MandaloreYak!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Loyal Imperial, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    And since that's a concession, that leaves us with...

Championship Match

The Holiday Miracles (0)
    vs.
    Saffron City Psychos (3)

Four.
    [image=http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cc/HGSS_Indigo_Plateau.png]
    [b]Location:[/b] Indigo Plateau

[color=red][hl=white][b]Blue and Gardevoir (prepared with TM52 Focus Blast)[/b][/hl][/color]
    [b]vs.[/b]
    [color=royalblue][hl=darkred]Sabrina and Venomoth (prepared with TM70 Flash) TRUMPED with Exeggutor (prepared with TM85 Dream Eater) [forfeit][/hl][/color][hr][b]Championship Match[/b]

[color=red][hl=white][b]The Holiday Miracles[/b][/hl][/color] (1)
    [b]vs.[/b]
    [color=royalblue][hl=darkred]Saffron City Psychos[/hl][/color] (3)

[b]Two[/b].[hr][image=http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cc/HGSS_Indigo_Plateau.png]

[color=red][hl=white][b]Blue and Lucario (prepared with TM30 Shadow Ball)[/b][/hl][/color]
    [b]vs.[/b]
    [color=royalblue][hl=darkred]Sabrina and Gallade (prepared with TM73 Thunder Wave, TM12 Taunt, and TM80 Rock Slide)[/hl][/color]

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Stunning contribution, thank you.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
  4. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    This is the match I paid the price of admission to see!

5. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    There was an admission fee? Who collected it? I received nothing!

6. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    They didn't give you a cut... shameful. Wow, I can't wait to here the arguments. I'm almost sure this will go to three. Two future seeing heavy handed pokemon going head to head! Wow... what excitement.

7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i will say this. right this second i'm leaning lucario just a bit, but definitely could be swayed on this one without too terribly much difficulty. think it's ridiculously close.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Something about both reading minds.
    Something about close combat.
    Something about teleportation.
    Something about Sabrina having a gallade and mental links.

10. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Well on the fact that trimaj and I never agree, but TLI and I do, I hope TLI votes soon and once again agrees with me. Since Sabrina has a Gallade, and a psychic link to her pokemon, and both can read minds, and the start of the match, I see a situation like this:

"I know you can hear me" Sabrina says to Lucario telepathically.
    "Wait... what" Lucario is confused, because he thought he was reading the mind of Gallade.
    "We're all in my mind, and we're all in yours" Gallade says to Lucario calmly.
    "Yes, Gallade and I are psychically linked, and since both of you can read minds, there is no point not acknowledging each other" Sabrina says with her cold smirk.

Slowly Gallade and Lucario circle each other, shinobi style, knowing that each are excellent hand to hand fighters, and knowing each can hear the other's thoughts. Sabrina looks on with pleasure, and Blue is confused at the sight. Blue, being the excellent trainer he is, quickly realizes that Lucario is talking with Sabrina and Gallade telepathically, and knows that Lucario is smart enough not to do anything stupid, so he watches patiently.

Sabrina on the other hand, being familiar with fighting pokemon, and knowing Gallade well, and now knowing Lucario has counter from Gallade mind probing has a diabolical plan rather quick.

She thinks to Gallade teleport away, and sword dance. Lucario immediately runs after him, and Gallade follows obediently, knowing Sabrina has the true advantage here.
    "Aura sphere while you're chasing Lucario to find him easier" Blue yells. Lucario aura sphere, and the ball leads him to Lucario, even though he knew where he was going to end up anyway.

Taunt Sabrina says with a smirking thought. What's this, Lucario can only do attack moves, and Blue, being a wise trainer, goes with his trump card "Shadow Ball now!" Super effective, but Gallades special Defense is retarded high. Gallade, looking a little bruised now, hopes Sabrina knows what she is doing.

Sabrina telepathically annouces to everyone, it is over and she starts to walk away from the pokemon stadium, turning her back on the action. Gallade, close combat, and lets go home...

In all my years of pokemon battles, I've never seen such a menacing attack. Even with Lucario's knowledge of it coming, even with his great hand to hand skills... Gallade still has extreme martial arts abilities, and his pumped up attack, his elbows, extra sharp from the sword dance, cuts Lucario, so fast, so many times! Some were blocked, some were dodged, but this attack, this, onslaught, this... PUNISHMENT... unreal. The term one shot KO comes to mind here, but that phrase is a pale comparison to what we just saw here. It was beyond a KO, it was complete... DOMINATION!

Ohh yeah... Gallade

Thing is, lucario has counter, so if Gallade does physcial attacks, he has to OSKO him, or Lucario will counter with the vengenance. On the other hand, Lucario has no attack that does more than 100 damage to Gallade, max, besides shadow ball.

Honestly this scenario is overkill, since the minimum of close combat would OSKO Lucario's max HP anyway. But in the spirit of dodging and blocking, the minimum damage of close combat after a sword dance is 212% of Lucario's HP. Max damage over 250% of Lucario's HP. All the dodging and blocking in the world ain't saving you now son.

[image=http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs18/i/2007/193/4/7/Gallade___300_by_manyuladic.jpg]

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Don't. Ever. Associate. My team. With the 300.

Ever.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, after thinking about it more, gallade's strength against fighting is just gonna make this too hard for lucario to take. so agreed.

13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Championship Match

The Holiday Miracles (1)
    vs.
    Saffron City Psychos (4)

Three for last.
    [image=http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cc/HGSS_Indigo_Plateau.png]

[color=red][hl=white][b]Blue and Kingdra (prepared with TM14 Blizzard)[/b][/hl][/color]
    [b]vs.[/b]
    [color=royalblue][hl=darkred]Sabrina and Bronzong (prepared with TM26 Earthquake)[/hl][/color]

14. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Grsh, for Yak... GG to all who played. I don't think judgements on this one are necassary...

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    That's not necessary. It's over. Let it die.

16. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Fine. Bring on the colors!

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Bring on the wrestling draft.

18. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Congrats Yak, you were the Green Bay to my Steelers. This certainly was... fun.

Lots of things to be ironed out, stipulations and polishing of this turd for next time (if there is one) but I am all for doing it all over once we fix the 99 problems.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I agree. And there is a good deal of ironing to do.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, right. The [image=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSC2RQzU5Y]music.

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    [image=http://www.wackyarchives.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/07_fail.jpg]

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Let's try this again

23. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Looks like it's congratulations for Yak, then. Your grand prize, sir: a week of colors.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yay! can I choose the color?

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Indeed, you are free to choose any set of colors you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.