main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census [Census & Games Breaking News Update/Q&A] We're moving (right now)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Loyal Imperial, Feb 3, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [image=http://www.plumvoice.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/moving.gif]

What?s going on?

We?re moving from IGN to a new system, Xenforo. Once we're done, user registration should also be working again.

Will we lose posts/PMs/usernames/whatnot?

Nope, everything should transfer. However, passwords will be reset. You MUST have a working private email address in your profile so you can retrieve your password and log in.

When will this happen?

March 21.

How long will the boards be down?

1-3 weeks. However, we will have a temporary board while we move. You will have to re-register, anything posted there will not transfer, and it will be taken down once the move is complete. Attempting to reach the JCF while the boards are down will redirect you to the temporary board, so you needn't worry about being unable to find it.

Can I re-register with my friend?s username?

No, and we will be on the lookout for that. The same usual JC rules about no parody usernames still applies. If someone else registers as you, please contact us so we can get it sorted out.

Will C&G still be around during the lag time?

In an altered form, likely combined with several other Community forums. We?ll still be running games, just not as many.

What about the games running right now?

Try to finish them in the next couple of weeks. If your game is not currently running but is short enough to go a round before we move, talk to us before you start signups.

I have a great idea for a quick (as in, less than a week) game we can play right before we move/while we?re in temporary limbo!

Great! PM us and we?ll see what we can work out.

How can I keep up with all this moving business?

2. Jedi Council Forums - The official Facebook page for technical updates on the status of the boards.

3. @JediCouncilTFN - The official Twitter feed for the boards.

4. The End is Near - The thread in Comms for the move.

5. THE MOVE - Coming March 21st to a JC near you - The second (and most recent) thread in Comms for the move.