main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Centerpoint Station: The New Republic's Death Star?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BobaFrank, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I have not read the trilogy that introduced Centerpoint station. All I know about it is from the NJO.

I have alot of theories and questions about Centerpoint Station.

Why doesn't the NR use it to wipe out the Vong?

With Anakin dead is that a possible way for the writers to put Centerpoint on the back-burner?
    The reason I say this is (I can't believe I forgot the NJO novel) that Anakin had the chance to wipe out the entire Vong Fleet but due to interference, wiped out only 1/2 taking 3/4 of the Hapan Fleet as well.
    Is it too powerful of a weapon that the writers think it would provide too easy of a victory for the NR which would create a let down for the fans?
    And, I know this sounds far-fetched but since Anakin could use it so well was it convenient for the writers to kill him off for this purpose?

Finally, can Centerpoint Station be compared to the Death Star?

2. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Didn't it break after Anakin used it in Jedi Eclipse? I doubt it's accessible now that he is gone.

3. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    I can't remember. Sorry.

That's the thing though I'm just wondering if there is a connection with Center Point not being accessible and Anakin being killed off in the NJO. Since Anakin is the only one who could use it.

4. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    I would think that they'd stay away from superweapons in NJO. It would be a really bad plot device to resurrect a superweapon. People would be mad if they used Centerpoint to easily defeat the Yuuzhan Vong. So I doubt it'll be used at all.

5. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    I was thinking that too but either way the Vong will have to be totally eradicated from the Universe. Thats means huge numbers of Vong will have to die, what better way than Centerpoint.

6. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    There is a chance that innocents could be caught in the crossfire. It would be hard to gather a large portion of the Vong in one area, without having allies get hurt.

7. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    who ever said the Vong would be eradicated??

8. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    It's a possibility and a speculation, nothing more.

9. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    EG,

Do you think the YV would coexist peacefully with the rest of the universe?

I don't think so. They will fight till the last man. They're fanatics and have made it perfectly clear its their way or death, so yes they will either win(which I doubt) or they'll be eradicated. The NR and the universe have no other choice.

Lets get back to the topic please. :)

10. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    i said nothing of peace. it could end the other way... the vong kill everyone else. or the GFFA peeps could run away to some other galaxy.

11. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    EG,

I know you didn't say anything about peace but with the Vong either they are eradicated or they win. There is no middle ground. No peaceful co-habitation.

If the Vong won and the GFFA ran to another galaxy it would only be a matter of time before the Vong wanted that galaxy too.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? Its kill or be killed for both sides now. And there is no way the NR will lose in the end. They will get rid of the Vong. Our favorite characters aren't gonna be wiped out completely.

12. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    what about the eighth cortex?? it may reveal the true meaning of the vong gods and their true nature. It may not be the same as the preists have interpreted it.

just blowing up the vong is too obvious, having their gods turn out to be long lost jedi, now that would be interesting...

13. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    DISCLAIMER: I've only read up to Agents of Chaos I, but I've been spoiled so as I know that Centerpoint is used, Coruscant falls, and Anakin dies.

But what do the Vong really want? It's clear that they want the galaxy for themselves, is it because they were chased from their own galaxy? And I know they're trying to cleanse the galaxy of "infidels", but would they take it to the point that they'll chase them to another galaxy - and take over that galaxy as well?

Please, if the answer is found in one of the NJO books I haven't read yet, then don't tell me. I think I've had enough spoilers already.

14. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    EG,

I never thought of that but if their gods turn out to be long lost jedi I believe they would have been Dark Jedi or Sith. True Jedi wouldn't want to take over a whole galaxy in the manner the Vong have tried.

Warlord_Ken,

Sorry if you were spoiled. I didn't know we would vear off the topic like we have, still its a good discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.