main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Central Arkansas Convention Date...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Master_Angela, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    Can it please not be in october?
    I know other people have requested this on the event forum.
    I have my birthday, my little sister's birthday, my grandma's birthday, its football season for kids who will be in band and football.

I think we should try having it somtime in winter break. in the last half of december.
    im starting college in august and im moving to fort smith, a good 2 hours from LR, at least.
    right now im very close to Little Rock.
    less than a 30 minute drive.

I know I'll be home during winter break.
    i think sometime in the first week of january would be cool. before the spring semester starts back for high school and college kids.

Also, is the main focus of this convention going to be star wars?
    And is there going to be star wars celebrities there?

And, if there is one happening we need to get the Her Universe fashion line people to come, the creator ashley eckstein (sp) said it will be making its debut at celebration V and other conventions around the country this year before the line really gets going.

2. KwadrokeOfTheWired

KwadrokeOfTheWired Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm guessing you're talking about ARKon. Your prayers have been answered.
    ARKon 2010 has been scheduled for November 20, 2010. We're having it at the Statehouse Convention Center.
    Pre-registration should be opening shortly. We're currently working on getting guests. One is almost confirmed. The main focus won't be Star Wars itself, but Sci-Fi, Anime, Technology & Gaming. Basically a "Geek Fest".

http://www.arkonsas.com

3. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    Awesome!
    Thank you for clarifying that :D

November is a MUCH easier month for me, :)

I'm not really into other sci-fi / anime stuff, pretty much just star wars, but if it has anything to do with star wars, i'll be there ;)

I'm excited :D

I know the reason I can never make it to Fan Days in dallas is becuase they are always in october. the one month in the year where pretty much every day is booked for me.

4. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Looking forward to ARkon!

Angela... there's always All-con!

http://www.all-con.org

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.