main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Central CA 501st Modesto Squad - Halloween events

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Obi1kenny, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Central CA 501st Modesto Squad - Halloween events

When: Saturday Oct 26th, 7:30 ?9:30
    Where: RollerLand Merced, 1445 W. 18th St.
    What: Skating rink Halloween costume party, wear your Halloween outfit and roller-skate, if you can. The Stormtroopers will be there entertaining the crowd and helping out with the festivities. So bring your wife/girlfriend/kids/brother/sister and skate or just hang out with the kids in your favorite Star Wars outfit.

ALSO

When: Thursday Oct 31st, 5:30
    Where: Regency Movie Theater in Merced, at the Merced Mall
    What: The theaters Halloween party, haunted theater event, wear your Halloween outfit and see a few scary movies along with live action spooks. The Stormtroopers will be there entertaining the pre-crowd and helping out with the festivities.

Thanks, Ken
    TK-4321, CCG, Modesto squad PR
    Dmaul1000@aol.com

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks for the info, Ken. Anything going on the weekend after Halloween??

DarksiderGeorge will be pleased, me thinks. He's been worried that there would be nothing going on.

3. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Ken,

Any more news on the Halloween night event at the Regency? What movies are they showing over there? I didn't see any postings about it at the theatre, when we saw Jackass last night......

4. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    The theater event opens at 6:00 PM and there will be a ton of candy and such for kids. I don?t know what movies they show during the event, I?ll see if I can get more info.

How was Jackass?

5. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Also, the next events are that weekend of Halloween. But we will be up in Sacramento for the IMAX showing of AOTC. We will have squads up there Thursday night, Friday night, and all day Saturday. So if any one want to drive up to see the IMAX show, please do so.

NEXT,

November 16th, Saturday around noon. We will be at the Modesto TRU to help promote the DVD release and such, they have told us they have been holding back a few cases of toys to put out just for this event. So if you need any toys you might want to take the drive up and check it out. And heck you get to see Darth Vader and a bunch of Stormtroopers too.

6. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks for the info, Ken. Perhaps we shall see you on Thursday. I'll let you know prior to Halloween.

That 11/16/02 event sounds very, very interesting, as well.

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    To answer your question about Jackass, I point you to a thread over at the JC regarding it (I'm lazy, and don't want to retype! ;) ):

Jackass: The Movie

8. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    So did anyone come out and see us in Merced, we ran into a bunch of people but didn't know if any off them were you guys?

9. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I didn't make it. Myself, DSGeorge, my wife, his g/f, we all didn't make it to the Regency until around 8:30 or so. We were running a tad behind that night. Was looking forward to meeting up with some of you, but, unfortunately, time was an issue. I'm sure we'll have the chance to meet again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.