Central Illinois Fan Force? would like to start one...

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by FettFan79, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello all!

This is my very first post here at TFN---I live in central Illinois (Pana--very central) and I would like to possibly start a Fan Force in my area, or to see if anyone else is near me. I know there are Forces in St. Louis and Chicago, but that is pretty far from me still to easily make any meetings. I did see something on here about Terre Haute as well, but I am pretty much halfway between there and St. Louis.

Anyone from Central Illinois interested??? I thought before I had read someone on here from Springfield (pretty much the biggest city in our area) was wanting to know if anyone in the area was here---Taylorville, Shelbyville, Pana, Decatur, Effingham, Mattoon...these are some towns around here...

I would love to get together with other Star Wars fans! I love the idea of getting a group together to go to conventions! I am also planning on starting a costume---looking at Boba Fett...

Thanks!
    FettFan79

I'm gonna knock this down to just one thread about a Central IL group intersest.
  2. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Hello & Welcome!!

Honestly - wow... you are in the middle of no where.

Basically if you can get (correct me if I'm wrong) 3 or more people together for several meetings, you can get yourself a Fan Force started.

If you can't get anyone else in your neck of the woods to get a group going, you can always be a satellite member to another group. Up here in MN, 98% of our group is right around the Twin Cities area... but we do have a member up in the Fargo, ND/Moorhead, MN area - that's 4 hours away. He posts on our boards and he's considered a member even tho he can't come to events.

Hope you can get something going! Feel free to PM myself or DrkFather if you have any questions!
  3. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks! I will look into it, though I dont' really know of too many around me--well, I do know of two guys who like Star Wars as much as I do--both now live about an hour from me--one to the East of me and one South (I don't get to see them much anymore at all) but that could be a start! If not, then that satellite member idea would be my next choice (looks like Chicago Force (I remember seeing them at CIII) or St. Louis)...I do have every other weekend off, so if a meeting happens to land at that time, it would make a nice weekend trip! (St. Louis or Chicago) the Midwest meeting in June is starting to sound pretty good--at least I could go to something!:)

He hee--I do actually live in a town--I know it makes me sound like I live out in the Boonies!
  4. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Until you get a central chapter started, you are always welcome in Chicago (as time and gas prices allow of course)!

:)
  5. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you for the welcoming! I have been using the maps, and yeah, St. Louis is defintely the closest FanForce to me--just about 2 hours away...well, maybe I can make a meeting or two in the months ahead---weekend trips would be fun...
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Fett, let me know if you're interested in coming to StL in the near future, next meeting date isn't quite set in stone yet but it's looking to be 2/25. I can help you find a place to stay cheaply if you want to make it an over nighter.
  7. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If my work schedule stays the same, I should be off that weekend (I work every other weekend). I would have to see about money sitch before I can say yes or no...and to see what my husband agrees to (we would also have our 5-yr-old with us) I'll keep up-to-date on the info! Thanks!
  8. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    How far are you from Peoria? I have a group of guys in Peoria that I am meeting with tonight. There is a small contingency of 501 troopers in Bloomington. If you are interested in something closer to Champaign-I know some 501 troopers there-PM me and I can help you get in contact.
  9. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay---I'm two hours south of ya! I can head to Springfield, then straight shot north on 155...maybe I can meet up with you guys up there, or we can meet in a more central location--maybe Springfield? That looks to be half-way--lots of places there to meet--I'm more familiar with Springfield...St. Louis is about the same distance from me it looks like...dang I really AM in the middle of nowhere!!! [face_hypnotized] Anyway, I'd love to see your costumes!! I'd like to try to get a Mandalorian costume together...Fett or maybe something a little more customized...:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.