Mary Central Maryland's Official Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by PaSco, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    How about we discuss our meeting details here so everyone can find it easier.

Our first order of business is to find a location that is easily accessable to everyone. My ideas are as follows:

1)Inner Harbor- Seems the most central point of our chapter. A little bit on the busy side and expensive side as far as food is concerned.

2)Fort McHenry- Close to the Inner Harbor, yet kinda hard to find unless you know where it is at. Not much to do but walk around and look at the site.

3)White Marsh Mall/The Avenue- More to the east of our chapter. Affordable food, shopping, theater, etc.

4)Towson Mall- A bit to the north but still pretty central. Similar to White Marsh Mall/The Avenue.

5)Annapolis Mall- Don't remember the name of it. Definately to the southern end of the chapter. Also similar to White Marsh and Towson.

These are the only places I can think of at this time. If anyone else can think of a good spot, please feel free to suggest. Also, this will not determine a set meeting area. This is just for this meeting only.
  2. SKSeven Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't been to most of these places [I've only lived stateside since 99, and spent some of my time in Indiana], but I think I can make it.

The only other places I can think of is Arundel Mills mall and the Columbia mall, neither of which I'd really suggest as a meeting place. It's too easy to get lost at Arundel Mills, and the tweeny factor at Columbia mall would test a rock's patience.

I know there's a food court at the Inner Harbour that caters mainly to the Int'l Culinary School that's not too expensive- would that work?
  3. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I support the Annapolis Mall, as I work there :p

I know where all of those are, 'cept White Marsh, but I could probably find it easily enough. My only problem is randomly crazy work schedules.

4. AkanahSkywalker Jedi Padawan

I'd prefer Towson Town Center or White Marsh, but the others are fine with me ;)
  5. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Friends in the Force from Central MD Chapter:
    I'm happy to see the movement slowly growing up. The simple gesture of getting together for a meeting is a great event. I hope more people can join our MDFF in our different Chapters, that way we could have a big annual assembly of the MDFF.

Best wishes and regards to all Central MD Chapter Members.
    God Bless!
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  6. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why don't we leave the discussion of the location open untill, lets say, July 15. Then we will decide on where. Give people who aren't on as often to respond.

Now, as far as a date, anyone have any suggestions? July 22 is no good for me cause my brother is graduating medical school. Any other day is good though. I just need a week and a half's notice so I can schedule myself off that day.

I suggest that we meet on Saturday August 6, 2005. I just picked a random weekend day. Far enough off that people can plan, yet close enough to be soon.
  7. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    I like Arundel Mills, there is a nice Mexican Food place there...
  8. SKSeven Jedi Knight

star 1
    August sounds peachy to me. Half of July is a no-no for me anyways.

Alright, so far we have, for meeting places:

+ The Inner Harbour
    + Fort McHenry
    + White Marsh Mall/The Avenue
    + Towson Mall
    + Annapolis Mall
    + Arundel Mills Mall
    + Columbia Mall

Maybe we should get general locations [like towns or cities] from everyone interested and calculate from there?
  9. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a thought, but if a lot of you are going to be involved with Siege of Ilum, we could tie it into the auditions, which will be in august...
  10. SKSeven Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's a thought, but I think that also might limit meeting areas, unless someone wants to host this at their house or something. It's fairly hard to audition in a mall...
  11. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    We were going to try to get the Carroll Arts Center in Westminster to let us do auditions there.
  12. SKSeven Jedi Knight

star 1
    Would you want the meeting there?
  13. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, I think it could work, but I have to figure out if we will be having auditions there. There has been a death in the family, so I will be away for a few days, but hopefully I can get some more information when I get back.
  14. AkanahSkywalker Jedi Padawan

I think we should keep the two separate. I'm sure people from other areas will come to audition, but I for one would like to see who is in the central area esp for our first meeting. and besides that, auditions are nerve wracking. lets not allow the nerves to spoil the fun
  15. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree. We should keep them seperate. It was a good idea though. Everyone say what town/city they're from and we can decide on a cental location then.

Havre de Grace, Harford County here
  16. SKSeven Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ellicott City, Howard County.
  17. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
  18. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  19. AkanahSkywalker Jedi Padawan

The Hereford Zone (Northern Baltimore County)
  20. SKSeven Jedi Knight

star 1
    I started doing driving times- I think with the exception of Annapolis, I can really go anywhere, but some of the driving times are atrocious for other people. I obviously can't pinpoint exact driving times, but some are borderline 60 minutes.

Any clue as to what's the most convienent for everyone?
  21. princessleia911 Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Jedi_Lyra Jedi Padawan

Baltimore City but I work in Annapolis.
  23. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    August? Count me in

Tak
  24. SithMan1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Frederick County-Frederick
    When in August? I got school and I'm heading to Idaho for a late vacation.

Check out my RPG
  25. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Count me in. Keep me posted. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.