main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Central Missouri Fan Force? Anyone?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Gabrin_Kinoda, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    I know the idea of a Columbia/Jefferson City/Lake/Central MO Fan Force was brought up once before--and it seemed to die rather quickly after its inception. Well, after much thinking and planning and gathering of info and ideas, Darian_Ordo and I would like to have a go at it again. So...

CALLING ALL CENTRAL MISSOURI FAN FORCERS! Rebels, Imperials, Bounty Hunters...we don't care! All are welcome!

If you're interested in having our own boards, meetings, and events, stand up and be counted! Let's put this thing together and make sure it *lasts* this time. :) Just imagine it...meetings at Shakespeares...troopin' at the Capitol...marching in the MU Homecoming Parade...not having to drive to St. Louis to enjoy the company of like-minded individuals!! (Just kidding, STLFF--you know we love you!)

PS--I know we're coming up on finals, but if there are any MU people out there, could you maybe spread the word around campus? Pretty please??

Ok, so who's with us?

--Susan

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    What about KC? We're just as close... :D We used to have someone from Columbia over on our offsite boards for Heart of the Alliance... if you send me a PM I may be able to dig up their contact info for you...

3. Gabrin_Kinoda

Jan 2, 2006
    Ok, ok, I meant nothing against KC and Springfield FF by not including them in my initial post. [:D] My hubby and I have been to events with STL, KC, *and* Springfield FF people. We just know St. Louis better, so we tend to head that direction more often.

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Is Valhalla's Gate still down south? They were my contact point for cards/comics and game cards. They would know some people... they used to hold games all the time. And Big John off of I70 west of town. He is a great guy if he is still around. I wish there had been a group there when I was there, it might have made living in Columbia more bearable. LOL

5. Gabrin_Kinoda

Jan 2, 2006
    Yeah, Valhalla's Gate is still open...we have thought about putting a poster/flyer there.

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    There used to be a place downtown too; the Cheshire Cat or something. It was comic book place, but also carried gaming cards. That would be a good place to hang a flyer too if they are still there. And maybe even in the building on campus where the bowling alley is. hmm, can't remember the name of it. LOL It is a central meeting spot though.

Too bad about John's place. There really wasn't a lot of places to go when we were there, and he was so sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.