main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL Centralia / Salem Fall Events / Parades

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoK, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    For anyone intrested in the Centralia and Salem area events, they can check the calendars here for upcoming events. So great, some not so great. :p

Centralia October Events - http://www.seecentralia.com/calendar/calendar.asp?n=1
    Salem October Events - http://www.salemil.us/Pages/SalemIL_EventsCal/?FormID=158&Date=20081001&calView=0

What might be interesting -

October 4th (First Saturday in October) - Salem - Little Egypt Festival
    October 25th (Last Saturday in October) - Centralia - Fall Fest Craft Fair (And children's "kiddie" parade) 9AM-4PM
    October 25th (Last Saturday in October) - Centralia - Halloween Parade (Downtown Centralia) 7 PM

First of all, I have no idea what the Little Egypt Festival is, LOL. But if you click the event, it says there is a parade,etc. I have no idea what its like or anything, I've heard of it, but never have gone to it. lol.

As for the Centralia events, we go each year, theres alot of kids dressed up in the morning, school bands practicing, the usual. There are very few adults who dress up, so that would be something diffrent to all of these people. The Kids parade I do beleive starts at 1:00, but the festival in the downtown area starts at 9:00 AM. The kids parade will just be kids and their parents, as well as hand pulled "floats" and school bands.

The main Halloween Parade at 7:00 PM will contain gas powered floats, horses, most emergency service vehicles, school bands, as well as a few other entries. However I have noticed, some specators aren't in their right mind at some point in times, and is more of "security risk" for costumers than the children's parade.

The kids parade would proboly be more enjoyable to do because of the children, and the fact that the fall festival is there at the same time, so both events can have our *gracefull* pressence. :p However the main parade is later that night, where people are going to be more, ehh, well, they're going to be more rude, there will be more teens and the like out. So I don't know how well a costumer would enjoy that, or if it would do more bad than good to even be in costume. Unless of corse you were in the "secure parade road", that would proboly be alot better to do, but I don't know how that works,etc. I deffintly wouldn't recommend trying to walk and navigate the sidewalk in a Mando or Vader, if you don't fall down because of the sometimes horrible sidewalks, you may just get pushed and pulled down by the large crazy crowds.:oops:

2. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Crazy people. Could see one of us falling down and gettnig stepped on, lol. This could be fun, let me see what my work schedule is like. I would really like to do this kids parade.

3. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    I forgot I should of dropped a line on this, I ended up being slightly sick during the October 4th (First Saturday in October) - Salem - Little Egypt Festival event, so I didn't go in costume, but went in regular clothing (Regular for me anyway, LOL) and it was nothing but school bands and political entries. The only non band/political items in the entire thing where two Military jeeps with big guns on top of them, recruiting people, and a few nursing homes, LOL. So unless I would of brought a ton of "VOTE HARVEY DENT!" stickers with me, it would of most proboly been a bust. :p

.....Although I wouldn't of minded getting some pictures of me in the Joker stuff with the gigantic machine gun on those military vehicles, LOL. :p

4. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Here's a rundown from yesterday evening , I had a great time! [face_clown]

3:30 - Left and went to Aldi, only two people even noticed me in the parking lot, one old woman to talked to me and wanted to know what I was doing. And then the other person was a girl in mabey her 20's who looked at me out of the corner of her eye as she packed her grocery bags into her car, LOL.

3:30 to 4:00 - Went to the usual family stops to show them.

4:00 to 5:00 - Downtown Trick-Or-Treat, had alot of great feedback from evryone, had a few pics. taken, many many many people who where driving by where freaked out, LOL. I messed with a few people as well, they didn't think it was funny at all.

5:00 to 5:30 - Free corn dog and soda, all the nice girls were dressed up, they all were realy cool.

6:00 to 8:30 - Handed out candy for like 40 mins., relised the rain was proboly stopping evryone from coming, it had already washed all my joker art work off the side walk and stuff anyway, so we packed up, and went Trick-Or-Treating for my sister instead. I had a blast, LOL. Went to a few people's houses we knew, they thought we where crazy, LOL. I also stopped by this all-out Halloween house I had been by before....They had like 10 people there scarring the absolute crap out of people. Kids, adults, these people were scared to death, it was crazy.

They had a predator, Jason, a werewolf, a butcher who had a chain saw he was going around sawing at people with, a realy awsome witch...lets see....I can't remember any more, LOL. They where all awsome, and greated me just like I had known them forever. While I was talking to Jason about my gloves, the butcher and werewolf "assaulted" a mini-van. It was HILLARIOUS. It stopped infront of the house, they ran up to it, the were wolf started howling at the passenger and driver...But the butcher went to the back of van, opened its back door and starter using his chain saw inside of it. I was for sure they'd reverse and back over him, LOL. The van was screaming like they were being killed....It turns out the entire back seat had kids in it, so I'm sure they've been scared for life. :p

Here we are about 3 hours into it :

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/10-24-08006A.jpg]

Didn't get my shirt material either....So we've still got to -

Finish new pants, sew new shirt (when the fabric gets here), buy new chain, find new shoes, and line the coat (mabey).

5. khristenkenobi

khristenkenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    that's awesome! i can't wait for you and yuri to run around in costume. it's going to be hilarious.

6. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=103993680&albumID=2326881&imageID=34671665

Here's a pic of my Batman costume the first time I wore it last Sunday. I've done some more work on it since then. That pic of you all is AMAZING! All I can think of is "I kill the Bus Driver". Can't wait to meet up with everyone. We'll be in Marion at the mall around 5 ish, I think, on the 31st.

7. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Thanks!!! :D

That is one awsome Batsuit!!! I can't wait to see it! =P~ Ya, I've been wondering what to do about my make-up and stuff...I'll need like and hour at least to do it all with the scars and all that. So I'm wondering if I should wait and do it all down there, or do the scars here, and the make-up there...or do it all here...(what other options...lets see, LOL ) But ya, as of right now I'm preety sure we can make it! [face_dancing]

I had a preety good time today, left at about 11:00 and found a parking space fairly quickly, went right to this Anime bake sale I had been asked to attent, so I chatted with those people for a little while, then I went and walked around the block with Alice (in Wonderland) and a few of the other people I had just me there. Just about evryone in general had a positive comment. One old angry biker dude called me "Grandma", LOL. So I just turned around and started mocking his actions as he walked.

Bothered the people at the corner resturant 4 times that day, I think the same people were in there at one point in time, LOL. The ones from yesterday who didn't like me. Most of the other people couldn't beleive me, including the ones I was walking with. I started handing out cards to batman specific costume people right before this, and had already amazed people with them, lol. Come to find out one of the women in that Anime club came as Harley Quinn even.

I then left to do the kids parade line-up for judging (for my sister who placed 4th under clowns!) I naturaly messed with nearly evryone there. Handed out about 20 cards to kids dressed as batman, ONE 6 year old joker, and then another to a guy with his entire family. Both had rubies costumes and just couldn't get over mine I don't think, LOL. I ended up giving cards to a few other non-batman kids because they were either so excited to see me, or so terrified of me I felt they deserved something for it, LOL!

I also ended up messing with 3 police officers (actual gun carrying officers of the law, BTW) and they all seemed preety cool about it. I asked one who was giving out candy "What do you have for your local friendly neighborhood criminal, hm?" and he sorta lost composure for a second and then told me "We don't have anything for criminals." LOL.

my favorite moment from today was the Haunted House line.....Oh my....I was with one kid, and Alice (In Wonderland) when we walked down there, and I decided I was going to mess with those people as well. I asked the lady, who was in her 30's I guess where the line started, she said "Here." so I just turned around and stood there. I've never seen so many people get upset before so quickly in my life, LOL! The old woman who ran the thing jumps off the steps and says "No no no! This is the front, you gotta go to the back! The backs over there! You can do this!"
    "No, ya see, I'm uhh, I'm the Joker. *turns around and points to the lady in line* and she said, that this is where it starts."
    "Well, you gotta go the back. Get back there."
    *twitches* "I'm not even gonna go in if your gonna be like that." *mocks being upset*

Those people were weird not wanting me to be first in line:p ....I couldn't beleive how serious they were...it was awsome, LOL.

8. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    You are the most realistic looking Joker most people have seen. Yopu even have the voice. I get to suit up as Batman here in a while for a Halloween/ birthday party. I guess I need to invest in some Bat-Cuffs, lol!

9. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    LOL, I still can't wait to see it! I had to look at the pics. again today, LOL.

I forgot all about it, but I also visited Wal-Mart in my suit. Hardly anyone even noticed me. The kids of corse said "Look look!!!", the adults would just go "oh yeah" and not even look up. There's a crazy person dressed as the joker leaving his calling cards with your kids. Way to be a care taker. [face_thinking]

However, while I was there, I walked through Halloween stuff and was stopped by an employee. She told me she had someone I should meet ASAP. I had a fairly good idea who I was going to be introduced to, a stockman that my cousin had mentioned before being just as obsessed as I am, LOL. it was realy cool talking to him. He even did his impression for me, he got about 1/3 of the way through the father scar story and the dang manager came around and said "I think your've got something better to do." Of corse they can't talk back to him.....But I can. [face_laugh] :p So I turned around and instantly went back into character and said "Well, your just walking around." [face_laugh] :p

10. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Gotta love that! you have to deal with people on their power trips everywhere you go. You called him out AS The Joker, amazing. Love it.

11. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    The best thing about it was, I just saw the stockman guy at Wal-Mart and talked to him some more about it. [face_laugh] Manager didn't catch us this time, LOL! :p

12. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    You should have asked him if He wanted to see a Magic trick. That would have been great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.