main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Centreville, VA area, I need someone with a dvd burner on a computer

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BruceM, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    hello. I am taking drivers ed, and I am doing a video project, due oct 20, and sept 20 for extra credit. Unfortunatly, my teacher only excepts dvds, vhs, or actual flash files. Unfortunatly, I can do any. And since I like video better than powerpoint, that option is out. So, i need someone in the area with a dvd burner on their computer. Thanks in Advance. I can provide the blank dvd.

2. JawaToaster

JawaToaster Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2004
    I've got a DVD burner and flash...and blank dvds to boot.

Your option of mac or PC!

3. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    Thanks. PC,cause that is what I use. I can probably get the video in .mov format, does that work. I take it you live in or very close to centreville?

4. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    You said you could have it as a flash file? I could convert it for you and just do the entire thing through e-mail. I don't live NEAR centerville, but that's what cars are for. However, flash would be easy, if you can turn in it in that format.

5. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    When I say flash, I dont mean .swf, which is what after effects can do. I mean an actual flash exe. If you can convert it into that, and have a pretty low file size(my teacher is using a computer that cant handle the bigger files), then yes. Plus, if you make a dvd, you could just send it to me in the mail(i could pm you my adress).

6. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    When you say .exe, do you mean .fla? Becasue I've never heard of a flash file with a .exe.

7. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    Yeah, thats probably it. I dont use flash very often, so i dont know much about it. Basically, i was referring to a stand-alone flash file, for example, the star dudes fanfilms you can download.

8. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    I knew you meant a flash file, which is an .fla. So here's what I can do for you:

1. You send me the file, preferably and .avi or .mov, and I turn it into a Flash file for you. I will send you the flash file itself, and also the flash movie, as any teacher who can open a flash file logically should also be able to open the movies, and the movie files are smaller.

2. You send me the file (.avi or .mov) and I burn it to a DVD and mail it to you.

I would prefer #1, as it's quickest and I would feel bad if something happened in the mail and your project was late. So....making your file into a flash file would take all of five minutes, and I could send it back to you.

So, decide what you would like to do, and I'll help you out as I can!

9. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    Thanks. I guess I can do option 1. I am probably going to send it about sept 19, if i can get it done by then for extra credit. If i cant, I have untill october 20th to get it done. And yes, I downloaded the trial of Adobe Premeire, so I can get it into .mov with all my sfx and such. I can put the .fla(is that the right name) on a disc, I just dont have a dvd burner drive. But fla doesnt need dvd, so i can put it on a regulare disc. I can credit you if you want, but only my drivers ed teacher will see it, and if it is good enough, future pupils in his class.

10. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    That's cool. From what I gather, you should be able to edit everything in Premier without problem - it's a really easy program to use.

Does your teacher want a DVD that can play on a tv, or can you just burn a file to a CD? I hate when teachers request strange file types ^_^.

Anyhow, best of luck with your project, I don't need any credit for it :p.

So yeah, whenever you are done, just send me an e-mail with the file in it. Make the heading something about "Drivers Ed Project" or something, so that I don't accidently delete it....

11. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    Actually, at my school, alot of the staff computers are previous windows 98 computers with win xp installed on them but the computer cant handle that big of a video. . He has a external dvd player, but all the computers are connected to overhead projectors, so that is how the flash file would be played. However, flash is alot smaller in file size, so as long as I get it into 2 mbs or less, I should be fine.

12. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    2 MB is pretty small for a video file, an .avi and a .mov file will definently be bigger than that.

If you really want a small file size, I will make you three files. I will make it a flash file (.fla), a flash movie (.swf) and a windows media/visual file (.wmv). The windows file should play on any computer with windows installed, and the files are ridiculously small. That being said, I have never seen a video clip that is less that 2 MB, but I'll see what I can do for you.

13. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    Actually, not the video itself. The .fla file has to be at max 2 mbs. I know, from experience, that their is way to get .avi or .mov that small, unless it is a very short clip, you compressed it to almost nothing.

14. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    how long is your final video going to be?

The flash file can be under 2 mb, I thought you meant the video file itself. The flash video could even be under 2, depending on how long your movie is

15. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    8 minutes. Do you think it can get to 2 mbs or less in flash?

16. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    possibly, I could try. I might have to compress it a bit, but I'll see what I can do

17. BruceM

Mar 8, 2006
    Okay. I have a little of it finished now. I have untill october 20 or 21 to turn it in. I work on some at home(I have to computers, which mean I can render twice as much stuff), and i have 20 minutes everyday min at school in the morning to work on it(each student gets 50 mbs space per year where i got to school.

18. JawaToaster

May 15, 2004
    cool, just send me the file when it's completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.