main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation CEO says no news until summer

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 1, 2012.

1. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Assuming the quote is legitimate (which we aren't sure of), It's quite a subjective one....what Disney and Lucasfilm classify as major news and what SW fans posting in forums analysing an unconfirmed quote classify as major news are going to be quite different I think ;) we will have plenty to geek out over I'm sure. Disney can't say an awful lot at the moment until the deal is legally binding, at which point we will get loads of interesting news

2. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    We'll get plenty of news soon. If they are targeting a summer 2015 release, we should see a trailer in summer 2014. Big movies get a trailer a year beforehand. If we get a trailer in 1.5 years they have to start filming pretty soon, some films get a year of post-production. If they keep their target release date I get we get all major casting within the next 3 months so filming can get in gear.

3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    The simple fact that a new movie for 2015 was even announced, means something's been moving forward on it already. I'd love to have seen some script treatments that crossed the desk. And I'm sure a director is in mind (maybe a short list) and may have even gotten a phone call.

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't believe this at all. Ep7 is in pre-production. The news may be slow but we will have news constantly from now until 2015 with production choices and leaked snippets. In fact he said the above quote while speculation about writers was twittering and yesterday the writer choice was confirmed. So . . .

5. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I know there is an entire other thread about Michael Arndt, but I find it a little comical that Iger said no news until END of summer 2013 and just a couple of weeks later they announced the screenwriter (at least just him)! I'm betting that with the way that social media exists today, there will be a LOT of information released before end of summer 2013.