main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL CF Book Club - discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ThomSolo, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    ATTENTION! :)

The premiere of Errant Venture, Chicago Force's new Star Wars book club, is just over a month away! So if you were wondering when this thing would start up, wonder no more!

Date: Saturday, January 25, 2003
    Time: 1pm
    Place: Barnes & Noble, 590 E. Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60056

We'll meet back in the store's cafe area.

The book for January will be X-Wing: Rogue Squadron by Michael Stackpole.

I hope to see lots of folks there!

Jurist edit: title

2. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Aww man if only the 25th wasnt my B-day and i lived in Minneasota

3. JediLeo

JediLeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow the burbs,I hate the burbs.

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'm in, like skin.

Whatever the heck that means.

5. JediLeo

Nov 5, 2002
    Seriously though I hope I can make.

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hmmmmmmm.......

7. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Will you guys make it in to the City? I hate the fact that it's about an hour away, with trafic it's and hour and a half. I hope you guys tey to make it to the city.

8. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Assuming the city host arranges for a meeting space... *glancing significantly at said city host* ...then yes, the meetings will alternate between city and suburban locations. Actually, the initial meeting was going to be downtown, but it didn't happen. So we switched. :)

If anyone can make it out here, great! If not, that's perfectly fine. We won't mock you too loudly... :D

9. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I could always host it. My building has a large Common room that can seat 60 people. All I need is an advance notice up to a week. I put the room on hold and it?s ours for the day. I have parking in my building or you can park across the street at Sacred Heart Grammar School. The only hitch is I live on the North side.

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I think MER is incharge of the Downtown Book Club, so you might want to get in touch with him. Sounds like a great place to have a meeting or event!

~H~

11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The Core Worlds location of the Errant Venture will be at a downtown book store. As soon as I get final confirmation from the manager, I'll post all the details.

Phil

12. Princess_Buttercup

Princess_Buttercup Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2001
    Will it be at the same day and time?

13. Chou_Young_Fett

Chou_Young_Fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2002
    I like the idea of being in the city for the next time around. But I just might make it allll the way out there just cus Stockpole is my fav. SW author.

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm aiming for February 22 for the City meeting. The City and Suburb meetings would alternate, each on the 4th Saturday of the month.

With Tatooine Ghost coming out in March, I was thinking of The Courtship of Princess Leia for the first book, which would take place right before that.

Phil

15. Chou_Young_Fett

Chou_Young_Fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2002
    Are you sure you want to do Courtship? Not to just trash it but... Its not one of the better ones. Just my opinion really.

16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I had suggested Courtship to tie in with the release of Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning which is supposed to take place shortly after Courtship. It's not the best book, but it does introduce characters and situations that become more important further down the line, such as in The New Jedi Order.

Phil

17. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I hope to make the Schaumberg event...and that is quite a far distance from Mokena..

I just finished "Traitor"...which I thought wasn't too bad....hated "Dark Journey", "Rebel Dream", and "Rebel Stand"...almost gave up on the NJO completely but "Traitor" kinda saved me ..well for the time being anyway....

I have had all the X-Wing series of books for quite a while now but hadn't gotten to them...guess it is time to start with "Rogue Squadron"!

18. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    If anyone does not own a copy of X-Wing: Rogue Squadron but would prefer to have one before the meeting and can get to Schaumburg without much trouble, let me know. Due to the sudden leap from February to January, I wasn't able to get the book onto the staff recommendation list in time. However, if you can stop by some night while I'm working, I'll give you my employee discount. Let me know when. :)

19. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hopefully I'll find the right box to unpack and reread it. I don't care where the meeting is as I am more interested in the books than the drive.

20. JediLeo

Nov 5, 2002
    Uhh now I'm confused where are we meeting, is it in the burbs or the city, i just gotan email saying its in the burbs now its in the city, What's going on here, is try to confuse leo day already.

21. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, I'm not sure if there are two book clubs or just one bookclub that meets in two locations, but the point is that CF is arranging bookclub meetings in two locations: Downtown and Schaumburg. The first meeting is in Schaumburg, and the second meeting will be downtown (I think)

~H~

22. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    One book club, alternate meetings, first meeting is in Schaumburg on the 25th... :)

And for all of you whining city folk, make the drive or be quiet. :D After all, look at Bobafemme! She's in the city, and she's driving out.... ;)

23. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    But she's crazy.

24. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    But will she be going to the book club
    meeting before or after going to the
    Hello Kitty store at Woodfield? ;)

25. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I just spoke with the Borders manager yesterday. The first city meeting of the Errant Venture book discussion group will be on Saturday, February 22 at 1:00 P.M. It'll be at the Borders at 150 N. State Street. The book for February will be The Courtship of Princess Leia which will be available at 20% off for participants.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.