main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL CF Book Club - discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ThomSolo, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    If I can get transportation I will be there. Anybody driving by my way with a spot for one more in their car?

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Wish I could help, Amber, but I'm not departing from Chicago.

3. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, there's always public transportation. If you don't see me there, I may be "stuck" shopping at Woodfield. lol

4. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Yeah, I wish I could help, but I live 10 minutes from B&N, although if you get 'stuck at woodfield you could always call B&N and have them give us the message of where you are so we can pick you up from there.[/color]

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    W00000h000000!!! :D I came! :p Haha, I was really amped about bein' there, even if all I did was sit there. :p So cool to meet all you guys! You're all great!
    Thom's much nicer than I thought he was ( ;) ), Mark's awesome (of course, why else would I have chosen to stalk him? :p ), Carrie's really great and nice, even if I didn't know what her JC name was until the end ( :( ). Radio's great, as is Matt, even though I didn't talk to either of you hardly at all ( :( ).

DestinyFroste I didn't really talk to, but I remembered you vaguely from here (the JC) before, and you seemed great (lol, "seemed" :p ). You said in your post above this one that you live 10 minutes from Woodfield/B&N, well, so do I. :) Where do ya live (It's easier to stalk you if I have a general direction [face_mischief] )? Naw, seriously, I say that because *I* live a few minutes from there as well. I live just 6 or 7 minutes North on Meacham. :)

Anyhoo, it was great to meet you all, and I'll definitely be there next time (and on time too :( ), and I will re-read the books as well, so I can actually participate! :p

Thanks for bein' so friendly to the n00b, and I hope I didn't come off as too weird. :-\

It was lotsa fun! :D

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    It was great to see you. I couldn't believe you actually showed up!
    Looking forward to you joining us a little more in the discussion next time. But we were so loud and talkative, you probably wouldn't have a chance to talk anyway! :) It was a lively discussion. And just like the boards, we roamed onto other books and SW stuff. By the end, I was chuckling everytime Thom said, "But we're here to talk about THIS book." He must of had to say that seven times. So how'd Heir to the Empire score? A little slow at first for some, Thrawn, Talon Karde and Mara were the three most mentioned as favorite new character, and everyone trashed the cover!

BTW for those that didn't attend, we are going to continue the Zahn triology with Dark Force Rising in May at Barnes & Noble. Next month at Borders in Chicago is Tatooine Ghost.

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Whoo hoo! I already own the next book. As for the city club book, I need to see if the library has it.

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Holy crap, Bobafemme was there? I was in the presence of a mod! [face_shocked]

\\bows and makes ewok noises\\

9. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    HeeHee, he mentioned Ewok noises.

10. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Great turnout! Great to see new people involved like Sithman. Sorry I actuall didn't participate, I didn't finish the book on time (though I read it in 91'). Hopefully I'll have caught up by July for Dark Force Rising.

11. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Bosh was busy reading, "The Unauthorized Biography of D. Sanchez".

12. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Yer kiddin...I missed Sithman?...He came?...or are you guys just tossin the bull....

:eek:

13. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Nope, he was there...and now I apparently live by him...I am in trouble

*hides in closet*

I live in Rolling Meadows Sithman, which frightenly enough actually narrows it down since Rolling Meadows is so tiny. We are a suburb of Schaumburg...lol.[/color]

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    AAAAAAAH! I LIVE IN ROLLING MEADOWS TOO!

LOL, this is too weird. :D w00t, another victim to stalk! ;) [face_mischief]
    But dude, that's too cool! Where do you live? I live just west of Route 53 (there's just a small subdivision there before it turns into Palatine... Or Palpatine :p ). To be specific, I live right off of Kirchoff and Hicks and/or Euclid and Hicks, depending on how you look at it. Where do you live? (that would be rad if I had a Chicago Forcer living by me! w00t!)

Oh, and Schph, yah, you missed me! lol, it seems like everyone is commenting on my appearance as if it was a show. :p ("Did I miss him?" :p ) Anyhoo, I actually thought that at first Carrie (Autobot) was you, but I was proved wrong when I later inquired of Carrie's name. :D

Too cool! Too cool! :D (I wanna here where Destiny lives. :) )

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that today is the 7 year anniversary of the day that I first saw a Star Wars movie (ANH)! :) So I met you all the day before my Star Wars anniversary. Cool! :D

15. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Yup, yesterday was quite a day.
    I figured that was Sithman the way he walked up like a stalker.
    And once I got out there I remembered my old way home & cut nearly an hour off my travel time. (Why RTA gives such lousy directions, I'll never know.) And it's not that far of a walk from Woodfield, there were sidwalks the whole way. :p

16. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I think I know where you mean, in junior high I had a friend who lived over there. I actually live east of 53 off of algonquin, across the street from Russell's and where the Denny's use to be (they took away my Denny's :()[/color]

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    OOOooooOOoo! Cool! I know right where that is. Closer woulda been cooler, but that's great! I have a Star Wars nerd who lives in the same town as me! This must mean something... But I don't know exactly what.

Anyhoo, I'm off to hang out with my friends for a while (talk their ears off about you guys :p ), but I shall be back later. :D

18. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I should be afraid now, should I not?

*wonders if she should start working on a bomb shelter*

Public transportation sucks for directions, its a fact of life. Have you looked at the bus maps from chicago? Next month I get to deal with it, I get to ride the blue line from Rosemont, driving in chicago is just not my favorite thing to do not to mention parking. At least I know how to get to the Borders out there, I use to spend my 4 hour between class break there when I was at Columbia.[/color]

19. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I'd like to thank everyone who came out to the meeting yesterday! It was great fun, and I got some cool comments from my co-workers today. :D Chicago Force rocks!

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Did you catch my comment about you being nicer than I thought you were, Thom? ;)

21. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Can I have someone banned for calling me "Thommy" when I've warned him that it ticks me off?

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    \\confused\\

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Um.. no. :(

However, what happens off the boards, stays off the boards. [face_devil]

~H~

Note to sithman: Let the Teddy win. ;)

24. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    You see, Sithy can be reasonable.... ;-)

Next month's book will be Tatooine Ghost by... the author's name eludes me. LOL! Troy Denning, yes? :)

25. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes Troy Dennings.

Now Thom, how did those comments go? More of a "Wow, they weren't as odd as I thought they'd be." or "Wow, they were nice."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.