main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL CF Holiday Special

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Empyre, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    This is for any JC people who stop by. Normal FF people already know about it but here's the info again.

Darth Astuart posted 11-27-2000 01:08 PM
    Jedi Knight
    (Moderator)

Hello gang--
    Ho ho ho! Welcome to the holiday season! While you plot out your shoppingstrategies and try to enjoy a moment's peace, lemme tell you about our Chicago Force holiday event for 2000.
    THE CHICAGO FORCE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
    SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2000

Part I: Playing the Field
    9 a.m.

A group of CF members will be meeting up for The Stories Behind Star Wars and Sue, a special day-long seminar at the Field Museum that covers the designing of both the Magic of Myth exhibit and the Sue exhibit. Some of the guests include Lorne Peterson, Paul Huston, and Rob Coleman from Industrial Light & Magic. Cost is $30 and the group will just be meeting up at the event itself. Read more about it at: http://www.fmnh.org/CalendarSystem/exhibit_item.asp?ID=37

Part II: We Would Be Honored...If You Would Join Us
    6:30 p.m. (approximately)

After the Field, the gang will be catching up with more of us at Tucci Benucch, a moderately-priced Italian restaurant located in the mall at 900 N. Michigan Avenue downtown, for a fine meal and conversation. Also, we'll hold a Star Wars Holiday grab bag--bring a fun SW-related gift wrapped up for another CF member costing no more than $15, and you can draw a gift from the pot! If you'll be attending dinner, PLEASE E-MAIL ME at mateo63@hotmail.com as I'll be making reservations earlier that week to insure that we get seating of some kind.

Part II: Grody to the IMAX!
    10 p.m.
    Finally, we'll progress from dinner to Navy Pier for a screening of whatever fine action offering the good folks at IMAX has deemed worthy of our time, probably either Gladiator or The Matrix. If you've never attended one of these late-night films at the IMAX, it's supercool--it's a regular 35mm print of the film broadcast at normal size on the IMAX screen, with the full brunt of the massive IMAX sound system behind it. Big fun.

The day has been designed in segments so that folks can opt to only do parts of it, or tackle the whole enchilada.

If anyone has any questions, please shoot me an e-mail, and again, if you'd like to attend the dinner, PLEASE E-MAIL ME so that I can make reservations.
    That's it. Whether you can make it out to the CF holiday event, have a joyous holiday season and a happy Life Day!
    Matt Springer
    Chicago Force http://www.chicagoforce.org

Empyre posted 11-27-2000 02:36 PM
    Jedi Knight

I was just checking on showtimes and it looks like it would be The Matrix. Here are the listings on the site for Gladiator and The Matrix

Gladiator (R) P.M.
    Mon - Tue 8:00

The Matrix
    Friday & Saturday
    11:15 PM
    Sunday 7:20 PM

I will almost certainly be there for the museum and probably the restuarant. I need to check on Imax though. But this is not definite. Definitive answer will be available on Wednesday.

For reservations, call: 312-665-7400.
    Matt's Email: mateo63@hotmail.com

See you there.

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the Holiday Special. Empyre, that means that I won't be able to give you a ride. Sorry about the late notice, I just found out today that my great grandmother died and I am a pall bearer. Joy.

3. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Real sorry about what happened, Mav. And don't worry about the late notice. Your need is much more important than mine. I can always catch the South Shore back also.
    I will pray for you and your family.

4. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Thanks man, that means a lot.

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    XMav, sorry to hear about your GGM. :(

DA, I know I just sent you an email that I'd definitely be there for dinner and movie, but now problems have developed and won't be in Chicago at all that weekend. I'll send you a PM to this affect also, and later tonight an email, so you can adjust your reservations at the restaurant.

I'm gonna miss being there, gang! But I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

Penguin, I'll be sending you a message sometime asking about what your schedule is for later on in December, b/c we still want to try to catch SW:MoM while it's at the Field, and I'd really love to have that private tour we discussed.

6. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    The Midwest Garrison of the 501st Legion will be at the Field Museum December 9th. We have 19 confirmed members attending in costume that day with 6 returning on Sunday.

TK895

7. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    And now I'm missing out on seeing a live squad of stormtroopers in action!!!!

Aaaarrrrggghhh!! Why do I feel like I'm stuck in a Charlie Brown cartoon?

8. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Damn, Mav, that's harsh... what can I say? Please accept my condolences for your family's loss.

Thom

9. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey TK - what up? I'll be making nothing this weekend. Sorry.

And mav - prayers out to your family, buddy.

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    xmav,

I just read your post! I'm sorry to hear about your GGM! :( God bless you and your family!

11. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your GG, Xmav. :(

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm so jealous. I wish I could go, but with finals coming up and projects due, mesa has no time at all. [face_sigh] Okay, that's it from me. For now...

12. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hi All!

There has been a slight change in scheduling for dinner on Sat!

We are now meeting at 7:30. That's 19:30 in mililtary time. 7:30!

So see you guys at Tucci's at approx. 7:30. If you want to come a little earlier, in the hope that we can get seated earlier, go for it.

That is all
    Carrie

13. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Why? Is it to better fit with the late showing of Matrix? Or just because? Oh well. Cancel my spot on your list. The Last South Shore heads back at 8:00 so I won't be able to make it.

14. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Sorry I wasn't more specific Empyre.
    The time was changed because reservations could not be made for the 6:30 time.

:( You can't come

15. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    I will be there for all the stuff before it though. See you tomorrow

16. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well folks I will be there, only for the exhibit. So maybe I will see some you around. If I recognize anybody. I won't be there till closer to 10 am though. Unfortunatly I won't be able to stay for the dinner or the movie.

See Ya!

JediLars

17. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    I do not know when l will be getting in. Thanks to the time difference between Chicago and South Bend, the posted schedule for the South Shore makes no sense. I will either be there at 9:00 or 10:00. I will see you there though. And This time I will watch for someone with green hair (which I hope Le_Penguin still has).

18. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I had planned to make it to the seminar at the Field, but now... I dunno. ::shrug:: I may just head on down there anyway, and just hang out at the Museum Campus. :) Maybe meet up with folks for lunch... someone reply to this and let me know what plans are for that.

Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.