Char, NC CFF's home convention - ConCarolinas - May 29-31, 2009

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    ConCarolinas is the home convention of the Charlotte Fan Force. It will be held Friday, May 29 through Sunday, May 31 at:

Hilton Charlotte University Place
    8629 JM Keynes Drive
    Charlotte, North Carolina, 28262

This is right off of I-85 and Harris Blvd. and convenient to a ton of restaurants and shops.

Here is a list of guest including Anthony Forrest (the "Move Along" trooper) and local LFL artist, Rich Molinelli.

There will be lots of activities including a costume contest and a panel called "For the love of Star Wars".

We will also try to schedule our May bookclub meeting for sometime on Saturday.

If anyone is planning to attend the whole weekend please PM me for a discount code. :)
  2. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Here is an update on this:

At 10am on Saturday there will be a panel called "For the love of Star Wars". I'll be moderating it and on the panel will be Cheralyn Lambeth, Anthony Forrest, Rich Molinelli, Luis Diaz and one other gentleman.

At 11am there will be a panel session with Anthony Forrest.

At noon the Carolina Garrison will be having a Droid Hunt. You might want to participate. The "Grand Prize" is this. :D Donated by Sideshow.

There will be an auction that night and one item on the block has been donated by Sideshow Collectibles . . . a Darth Vader exclusive worth $300.

I forgot! The Mando Mercs will also be running a Jail and Bail. Here is a brief description of how it works:

1) Con patron places a bounty on someone.
    2) A Mando Mercs patrol goes out and finds that person and detains them back to the Mando Mercs and 501st area where they will be a PVC Jail.
    3) Detainee has to post bail.
    4) Detainee receives a certificate of Imperial Pardon.

All proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish and the Mando Mercs "Help a Verdika" children's Christmas fund.
  3. saltydog6423 Jedi Youngling

Hi Jada I am planning to attend ConCarolinas whole event on all 3 days and i would love to have the discount code I couldnt PM you because i havent posted enough.
  4. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Great! I'll be around and about the con all weekend. Track me down!
  5. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Saturday is the last day to get the discounted rate so PM me for the code.
  6. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    crawls in

What is left of me is home. Great con. Thanks to everyone. More later.
  7. TuskenFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Been kinda busy but also been kinda slacking too. [face_blush] Anyway, here are some photos and a link to all the photos...

[image=http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/dz5232dz6570/ConCarolinas%202009/2009_05310004.jpg]

[image=http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/dz5232dz6570/ConCarolinas%202009/2009_05310009.jpg]

Anthony Forrest, Fixer and the 'Move Along Trooper' from Episode IV was a guest at the con. Here is a photo of him and R2-KT...

[image=http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/dz5232dz6570/ConCarolinas%202009/2009_05310029.jpg]

And the link to the rest of the photos is here...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.