main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CG Characters

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth-Vengence, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Vengence

Darth-Vengence Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    From watching the two Star Wars prequels and the SE of the OT, I can say that CG characters are becoming more and more real. I like how George has put CG characters interacting with human characters, and it looks seamless. Jar Jar Binks....hmmm. I loved the way Jar Jar looked in TPM and AOTC. He looked like the most realistic character I'd ever seen in a film. I think he even looks more real than Gollum in The Two Towers.

My mom said to me, while we were watching TPM one day, that who was in the Jar Jar suit. I laughed, and I said that Jar Jar was CG. She couldn't believe me. He looked so real to her. Also, when I saw The Two Towers in theaters, my friend, Aaron said.."what the ****, how did they get that CG characer Gollum to pull Frodo out of the water" I almost pissed my pants! He couldn't believe how real the interaction was between Gollum and the hobbits. I loved it.

I'm wondering, will there be more CG characters in episode 3, or will George start to not use as many since it would help bridge the two trilogies?

Also, will he add more CG characters for the AE of the OT in 2006? Will they look more realistic than in the prequels? Will George replace some of the CG in the prequels with better CG when the AE comes out?

Discuss.

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't think we need any CG characters in the OT. So I'm really hoping that we don;t see any.

However, if he does add some, then the CG will definately be better than that of the PT. It will always evolve and improve.

3. Jedi of the West

Jedi of the West Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 1999
    We will continue to see CG characters in the next Star Wars movie and aother movies too.
    They are getting better all of the time and they allow the director to do things that weren't possible before CG. It is amazing what can be done with CG and in the future people will look back to these days as being
    primitive.

4. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    From the Commentary I'm pretty sure we'll see some Geonosians on Death Star 2. Maybe Mas Ameda (I think that's his name) standing next to the guy Palpy talks to on DS2 when he sends Vader off. Perhaps a shot of Gungan Naboo, during the celebration at the end of ROTJ.

5. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Nah. I definately hope we don't see any Geonosians, or Mas Amedda.

6. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    I hope that they don't add any CG characters to the OT - call me a purist but it just wouldn't seem right. [face_plain] It's very possible, and no doubt with the technology they could insert them seamlessly into the film though.

7. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I don't think I would mind some CGI characters added as background characters to the OT, especially if it meant neater aliens in the the cantina or Jabba's palace scenes as well as in the Rebel army. But I don't think I would want any real major CGI characters added.

8. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I guess I could stand some background aliens added. As long as none are added the Imperial forces.

9. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, I agree. Add none to the Imperial forces, but some thrown into the Rebels would be neat. It would add to the whole concept that the Emperor edged out the non-human population in the Imperial army more, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.