main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CGI New Republic Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kyris Cavisek, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Temuera Morrison could voice Boba Fett.

Zayne would be good as lead character!

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Glad we agree

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    We really are spamming your thread...
    This whole KOTOR thing has not much to do with a NR show... :)

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I realize... Back to CGI show between 6 and 7. Would love if it was like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes... Doesn't need to be CGI necessarily

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'd care a lot more about a KOTOR-era series, so I enjoyed the digression.

TaradosGon likes this.
  6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the fear is that the KOTOR/TOR era is only for hardcore fans and that mainstream people couldn't get on board

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    All things the same I'd like a Dawn of the Jedi-esque show showing the beginning of the Jedi/Dark siders and how that plays out. Or a show about the conflict 1,000 BBY.

A New Republic show can do something completely new and my interest in it depends solely on what it's about. Something taking place soon after ROTJ would interest me more than something that jumps forward far enough to be completely unreleated. I feel like the rebuilding of things post-Palpatine would be a better story more related to the saga than going way off into the future. Though on the same token, I'm not particularly interested in the continuing adventures of Luke, and would rather he take more of a Yoda position with smaller doses of him. I think his character went as far as it needed to go in the OT that I'd rather see him in a supplemental role to a new protagonist than being the main character himself.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    In a movie, Luke needs to play a supporting role definitely. However, I think that as a tv show, the first season would have to have him heavily featured then slowly move him to the supporting character role as the show goes on. Even once he begins to build the Academy on Yavin, that should be his only focus rather than running off to save someone or some planet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.