main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Cham Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 9, 2015.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    In the latest Rebels Recon it was revealed that Cham; Hera's father and leader of the Rebels on Ryloth during the Clone Wars will be seen this season.

So discuss! And remember to tag any spoilers that come out until we see the episode if they are major. :)

whostheBossk and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    We are also going to find out what happens to Ryloth. I hope we get a Waxer and Boil reference in there somewhere. Those two were heroes. Should be interesting.

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be nice. What if we see Numa? That would be cool as well. Or even get a Mace Windu reference.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I am positive we will get plenty of Mace Windu references.

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder what Cham will think of Hera's Space family?

DarthTalonx likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean he is technically the other space Grandpa.

My bet is that he would be reluctant to help anyone who is not from ryloth and might think Hera abounded her people.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I wonder. I mean she wanted to fly more then anything right? So if her father wanted her to stay and fight there on Ryloth then maybe she just ran off to fight in her own way because she was tired of being told to stay and fight where she was.

8. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Hope to see a Lords of the Sith reference!

9. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Kanan will try to impress his father-in-law, but Cham will be tough to protect his daughter...

Then Hera will tell both of them how it really is.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Presumably Cham will help the Rebels find a new base, either on Ryloth itself or elsewhere through his contacts.

Seeing Numa would be pretty cool, she'd be either a teenager or young adult by this stage. I don't think a Waxer and Boil specific reference is needed as they played a very minor part in the overall liberation of Ryloth. However, we could see references to the clones and the Republic, especially given that they're now the Empire and every bit as bad as the former CIS occupation. I suspect Cham will have some choice words to say about that. Could lead to an interesting conflict with Kanan.

11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Having an Isval reference would be a nice nod and show that they truly are trying to connect the different medias. Although I am not sure if that is possible because they may have had the script and voice work done already for the second half of the season by the time Lords of the Sith came out.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean Heck Cham can even say he knows of the sith Lord that is chasing them.

La Calavera likes this.
  13. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I know for TCW they did a lot of the scripts and voicework about a year in advance from when the episode aired. Not sure if they do the same for Rebels. If they do than a Lots reference might be unlikely because they would have already finished the story elements and were just finishing up on the animation by the time we all found out about the story in Lots.

14. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    But wouldn't both story ideas for Rebels and LotS have been in those mythical story group meetings? So maybe the Rebels team knew some of the plot from the book much earlier?

15. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Possibly but hard to say. It could go either way. My guess though would be that the story group just told the author of Lots that they wanted him to do a story involving Vader, the Emperior, and a few characters from TCW. And he just expanded on things from there. Isval was never in TCW. There were a couple background characters that could have been her but she was never an official character in the cartoon.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So what are the chances we'll see Numa? she'll be an adult by now, right?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Or a late teenager, as I said above. I don't think she'd be more than 18 years old by now.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah she would be an adult now. Hopefully we get to see her. :)

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

How old was she in the Clone Wars?

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I have no idea but I wouldn't have put her above 4 years old.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I wonder if she'll be at odds with Hera or with Cham.

21. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Didn't that happen in season 2 of TCW? I think Numa would probably be between 20-22 by now. By the way even though Hera wasn't meant to be any of those little girls in that episode (as she'd be a little older than them). I think the inspiration for the development of her character came from those little girls.

Best way to figure out ages is just to remember that Ezra would have been born right at the time of Ep. III and Sabine would have been about 1.

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    What would Cham think about Kanan and Ezra? The republic has become an empire but does his opinion on the jedi changed or does he believe it was their fault?

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I was wondering the same thing above. Hopefully Mace put in good word for the Jedi but I bet he'd still conflate temperature with the Republic as they led the liberation forces.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    So you think he'll accept their help?

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well our group have Hera vouching for them, so yes, although he may not jump at the opportunity at first.