main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Cham Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't think he will join the Rebellion though.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He might realize that working as a bigger group would help free Ryloth faster.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    About time! Loved him in both TCW and Lords of the Sith. Dang, and now Rebels, he's really making the rounds now isn't he? :p

Sent from my R8 unit

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He is. And we will hopefully learn more about Hera too.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If I remember correctly, the biggest lesson Cham Syndulla came away understanding after the events of Lords of the Sith was the realization that that there was a wider galaxy of good folks in need of help, beyond just the borders of the Ryloth system.

I seem to remember that he decided to redouble his efforts to fight against the Empire and help those people in need.

The Cham Syndulla of TCW almost certainly would balk at joining the Rebellion.

Heck, the Syndulla at the start of Lords of the Sith may have told the Rebellion where to stick it.

But if Lucasfilm means what they say, when they say that the novels (and comics and everything else) are not only canon, but will actively affect the other mediums, then Syndulla may already be a major part of that Rebellion (and, like Organa, Hera, Tano, etc. may have been for many, many years, now).

It will be interesting to see. I know that I cannot wait to see him again!

6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Now I only read Lots once so I might be starting to forget some key events by now. However from what I remember is that the vast majority of the book took place on Ryloth with Cham's group being mainly all Twi'leks. And Cham was reinvigorated at the end because of what Isval did for him.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pretty much.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Absolutely.

But I seem to recall Syndulla having finally come to realize that the needs of the galaxy went beyond just Ryloth and the Twi'leks by the end?

But I looked last evening and couldn't find my copy. I may have lent it out.

Iron_lord?

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I have not read the book, but if what you said is accurate then it would make sense if he ends up joining the rebellion with Hera's help.

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Yeah he may have realized that due to Vader and the Emperor coming to Ryloth themselves. From what I remember though before
    Isval gave herself up
    she was saying that he had to keep on fighting for Hera. Can't remember if she said anything about the galaxy as a whole but I clearly do remember her mentioning Hera.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Really? This is awesome! He was a great character. Yes, I wonder whether we will see him interact with Hera, and her talk about space and flight and wanting to fly amongst the stars since being a little girl?

Not to mention, seeing Ryloth and the aftermath would be awesome!

Mace Windu references would be interesting. That line and conversation between them: How long before I am fighting you, Master Jedi?

12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Cham seems to me to believe in freedom for the Galaxy in general... but for Ryloth very specifically. If helping the Rebellion is going to be of direct benefit to his people, he'll do it. But he would be very reluctant to risk Twilek lives for another planet's benefit for anything so nebulous as 'principles.' Hera is more idealistic I think, Cham being more pragmatic

Ventrix likes this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I've got to track down my copy of Lords of the Sith now. It's driving me nuts. 8-}

As jaminjedi says, it was Isval at the end who seemed to really get through to Cham. He ended up reasserting his commitment to the cause.

And, yes -- if I remember correctly (which I'm beginning to doubt) -- Cham was also inspired to start thinking about more than just the Twi'leks and Ryloth.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in Syndulla, the Twi'leks and their struggle against the tyranny of the Empire during the earlier years following the end of the Clone War, I can really recommend LoTS.

Hey, one more thought: Anyone know whether the voice actor who performed Syndulla in TCW (Robin Atkin Downes) will be reprising the role? [face_thinking]

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't have any contacts inside Disney or Lucasfilm so I can't say.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Thing I liked about Cham was that he saw through the sham and charade of the Republic and the Clones. On this show I have a feeling they may lose that, and he's gonna be pro-Clone and pro-Republic seemingly forgetting everything about the Republic and Palpatine did and won't be the same character we saw in TCW. Hera was basically singing a ballad for the Republic and the Clones, but you don't get that impression during the TCW episode. Its probably one of the darker episodes since all the "good" the Republic was supposedly doing was a lie, and Mace and the Jedi were being used as instruments of oppression.

16. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Now that I think about it I would be surprised if Numa would play any type of significant role or perhaps even appear at all. My reasoning is that the only reason she would be in the story would be to show us what some of those kids from the TCW episode turned into once they got older. However we pretty much already have that with Hera. Having Numa would pretty much just be repeating the same storyline we already have seen with Hera. Could be wrong but I do know that it often weighs down the story if there are too many identical character types.

17. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    How long before he offers one of them a jelly baby?;) (assuming whose voicing him is who I think it is (as in probably WAY off but still a funny thought!))

18. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Cham Syndulla IS supposed to be Hera's FATHER right?[face_thinking]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, Pablo confirmed it in an old Rebels Recon.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Has it been confirmed that the other Twi'lek (the one in Jedi Knight Fett's profile) is Numa from the "Innocents on Ryloth" episode? I really really really loved that episode of TCW.

[​IMG]

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  21. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    In the trailer you could see the female Twi'lek have a drawing on her chest of the purple Tooka that Nuna is holding in the picture. I think that confirms it's Nuna :)

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If the green Twi'lek introduces herself as Numa, I think that would be my fanboy "squeal" moment of Rebels. You know, in a perfect world, Numa would've been Cham's daughter that Waxer and Boil saved, and she would be the one to join the Ghost Crew in Rebels. But I guess hindsight's 20/20. There's no way at that point Filoni and crew could've imagined a whole new series taking place more than a decade after ROTJ.

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    He'll be dead by the end of the season. I can feel it in my bones.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean if he can escape Darth Vader he is a pretty lucky man.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

If he's pro-Clone, at least he may have someone who might have convinced him that they're not all bad from early on.