main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Cham Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 9, 2015.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    This was a great arc from TCW in general. I especially loved Cham's fateful words at the end of the arc:

"How long until I am fighting you, Master Jedi?" *cue pan up to Star Destroyers*

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know I may be in the minority, but I liked the "Innocents" episode more than the "Liberty" episode with Cham. It just had so much heart to it. The scene where Waxer and Boil remove their helmets, and little Numa is dumbfounded 'cause she thinks she's seeing double lol. Love that.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Given the nature of this weeks episode, probably worth giving this thread a good ol' bump..

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I liked Cham a lot during this episode especially that in the end they both got what they wanted.

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hrm, I was all thinking throughout the episode "is this the Twi'lek guy from the Ryloth arc in TCW whose name I never committed to memory?" Turns out he was.

6. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    No wonder Hera:hera: hasn't talked to him in years...all he cared about was just their homeworld but in the end it ALL worked out!

7. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    ... is what I said way back when. Called it!:p But still, interesting to see as Lords Of The Sith did hint towards a more Rebellion-friendly Cham than the Ryloth-first version we'd seen so far. I wouldn't be surprised if this is not the last we've seen of Syndulla Senior.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, it sounds like he mentally regressed to pre-LotS Cham in the last ten or so years.

9. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Presumably post-LOTS the Empire cracked down really hard on Ryloth in revenge/spite and he's been forced onto the back foot. That and losing Isval does account for his regression though its still disappointing.

MandaloreRex2015 and QueenSabe7 like this.
  10. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    After recently reading the Lords of the Sith novel I got a new appreciation for the character (outside of TCW), but I spent the first half of the Rebels "Homecoming" episode thinking "man this guy is a real jerk". I'm happy how it all panned out of course.

11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Maybe I will have to go back and look at the book again (usually not big on reading books more than once) but from what I remember Isval was the one that was more Rebellion friendly and Cham was always totally focused just on Ryloth. Isval just encouraged him to keep on fighting in the end when Cham was about to give up.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The subtitles also call her Numa - and I think Cham addresses her as Numa at least once.

One thing that stuck out - her eyes are much more purple in Rebels than in TCW - maybe they darken with age, like human eyes do.
    After rewatching Liberty on Ryloth right afterward, I came to the conclusion that the little green-eyed girl seen running to Cham to be picked up early in the episode, later seen in the victory parade, is almost certainly Hera - with the green patches on her lekku being an indication of what color she'll turn as she grows up:

Does this seem like a logical surmise?

13. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    ...is it just me or does the TCW design on children look...scary?

14. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Twilek children certainly do look a bit off in those pictures. But it got better over time, and Ahsoka picked up a bunch of even-youngerlings later on who looked more natural and fit in better with the aesthetic.

15. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I agree that the earlier animation is a factor, but I think the artists wanted to portray the Twi'lek children as suffering under the war, malnourished, etc. Hence the superskinny arms and sunken eyes, especially for Numa, who's been without parental care since her home was destroyed. So, they're not meant to look like healthy "cute" children :(

Iron_lord and jakobitis89 like this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Early TCW animation wasn't that great, they did aliens better than human characters though.