main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Champions of Norrath!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by son_of_the_tear, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Heya,

Just got this game and thus far, am enjoying the hell out of it. Having a total, utter blast, which became obvious after having a 4 hour session this evening :p

Anyway, was wondering is anyone here plays it and if they ever play online?

Would love to do some online matches with any fellow JCer's.

I have a chick Barbarian Warrior, which is a nice change of pace as I usually play Ranger in these sorts of games. Kinda nice duel wielding and slapping on some pain up close and personal :D

Sequel is coming out soon, but the good thing, it is a brand new game but it also acts as an expansion pack of sorts, as I can import my character from this game and raise the level cap as well.

So kudos.

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    It's at the top of my list. I'm assuming it is good from your post.

3. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Indeed it is. And it's only 19.99 retail price, less pre-played.

Very well worth it. Can customize your class/race combo and it plays like a blend of Balder's Gate, Diablo 2 and Lacross War. Very intense and so many many weapons and armor in the game, and all can be customized.

The level caps at 50, but with the sequel coming out soon, it'll be raised. So you can continue with your current character. And playing this multiplayer offline or online is great.

It's like Gantlet.... on acid :D

4. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    well, it looks asthough ill be picking this up for 19.99, i mean i loved boulders gate. and d2 ruled my life for like 2 and a half years.

5. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Balder's Gate is awsome too.

I picked up Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 as well, and so far it is awsome. Playing a Dwarf Rogue in that :D

6. OnyxJedi

OnyxJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2004
    Yeah, Snowblind is awesome at the action RPGs. I'd love to see Star Wars done Norrath style.

7. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    That would be really awsome.

I'd kill for a joint project between Square-Enix and either Snowblind or Blackisle.

I'd love one of their games set in the Final Fantasy world.

8. OnyxJedi

Jan 12, 2004
    Yeah, that would be cool also. I'm an Action RPG nut. Have been since Diablo on PC. I think just about anything could be done with that engine. Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Final Fantasy, etc. X-men Legends uses the engine as well dosen't it? Or a good knock off. :)

9. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, the guy who created Baldur's Gate and Fallout (which use the Snowblind engine) used the Snowblind engine to re-make A Bard's Tale for his new company.

I am also very interested in checking that game out. I hear it's hilarious.

10. OnyxJedi

Jan 12, 2004
    Yeah, Bard's Tale is very cool. I loved the original PC game back in the day. The Inxile Action RPG remake is also very nice. A great game few have played. I wish someone would remake the old PC RPG Pool of Radiance as an action RPG. Actually all the Gold box games for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.