main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga Chance Encounter. For Poetry Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WNSA Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun & for the poetry inspiration challenge; characters are Rex/Ahsoka.

Poem #11, under the tag.
    “Do not go gentle into that good night,” by Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
    Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
    And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

~~~!!

When Ahsoka allowed herself to think of Rex at all, it was with a fierce pang of wistful missing. She knew that he met his final battle with bravery and courage. It broke her heart in a million tiny fragments to think how devastated he must have been, however, to find the "noble cause" was merely a sham cooked up by the then oh so altruistic and farsighted Chancellor. right.

Still, he would not shirk his duty and would not turn from his comrades/brothers in spite of the devastation. It was one of the things she had found to admire in Rex.

Now, with the tide turned against the remnants of the Empire after Endor, finally, in moments of respite, Ahsoka could admit to herself, at the least, the sheer irony -- that her feelings had verged on if not moved into something stronger, deeper.

If only ...

+++

TBC :) :D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    poignant beginning

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Oooh, Ahsoka lives past Endor! Me likey! Can't wait to see where this will go.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Thanks to @divapilot for kindly "loaning out" the fascinating and lovely world of Marfa. @};-

-------------
    Ahsoka stopped by a local eatery during the height of the lovely and beckoning tourist season. She had rented a beachside bungalow and was looking forward to relaxing after visiting various worlds in stages of rebuilding.

One of these was Lothal, and they seemed to be well on their way to reviving their prior culture.

She was digging into a succulent filet with grilled vegetables when her eye was caught by another diner entering.

She caught his reflection in the paned glass over the doorway.

Her heart caught in her throat. She'd know that visage anywhere ...

Rex?!

Time seemed to halt and pause on the brink.

Should she approach him? And say what? What if it wasn't him? And what if it were, and that unfailing connection between them was lost forever? Could she bear that?

Could she live with herself if she didn't try?

Ahsoka never shrank back from hard choices.

This time would be no different.

++++

:D

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Ooh, this is the one you were talking about! Oh, loveitloveitloveit! Should she or shouldn't she? (Of course she should!)

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Caught up, and glad I did! I certainly agree: she definitely should! :D I too love the idea of Ahsoka being around post-Endor, and of course it would be such a lovely thing to see these two old comrades reunite after all that’s happened in the galaxy. And Marfa is the perfect choice of setting, both for Ahsoka’s getaway and for this reunion. Keep it coming—looking forward to more! @};- =D=

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ooo, I did NOT expect this. But it makes perfect sense! WHOA! =D=

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    "Rexoka"? Me like, even though I have seen their relationship more like big brother and little sister. Oh, well, I can change my point on view on that. *waiting for next chapter*

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    My husband always believes in second chances... old romantic and stubborn as he is. So I hope she will go for it.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, she will. And Corellian-stubborn is more endearing than not. [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    THIS!!!!

You know what a sucker I am for these two in any shape or form, but what I particularly like about this story is the softness of the premise and the naturalness of the execution. For two characters whose lives has been so defined by war and edge-of-your-seat-action, to meet each other again in such a normal, day-to-day sort of circumstance is wonderfully fitting. They are both just trying to start again, in their own ways, and now, here they are! I already love the set-up, and can't wait to see the resolution! :D

=D= [face_love] [:D]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ahsoka and Rex talk long into the night. They stroll along the nearby beach. They have a lot of catching up to do.

She happily tells him of the rebuilding of Lothal and he hushedly tells her of the finding of Lira San.

They have a lot of things to forget but even more things to recall with pleasure: friendships forged and lives of innocents improved and saved outright.

Now they have both come to a place where they just want to be themselves & it comes as no surprise that they can be that with and for one another.

It was always so between these two.

They share sunset picnics and sunrise sails on the aquamarine seas.

They build a bungalow with rooms to spare for any and all younglings that might eventually come along.

Even though they didn't expect it, dared not to dream, theirs is finally coming true.

End

:D @};-

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this was just lovely! There is such a softness and warmth between them that's so fitting after everything they've been through - they really are just picking up from where they left off, and there's a very natural feel to their progression. They both certainly deserve a chance to claim a bit of happiness for themselves, and I love that a random meeting could result in such a conclusion!

You know I enjoyed every word of this! Thanks for sharing. [face_love] [:D]

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    This is so sweet. I love the little moments, the space between the breaths. I really like the Ahsoka and Rex connection; they've been through so much together and have witnessed so much. Quiet Marfa is a wonderful place for them to retire to, and I love the idea of them not going gently into that good night alone.

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    They build a bungalow with rooms to spare for any and all younglings that might eventually come along.

Especially this part was rather touching! @};- So much hope, looking into the future that might come true.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the sweet and happy ending

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Those are the bestest :)

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    These two have been through so, so much that they simply deserved such an ending. And adopting children...I am 100% sure that I saw something like that in Raissa's game of the Sims. I guess both of them come across as these family types who never had a chance to build a classic family and therefore this unorthodox one they have now is a much welcome form of settling down. [face_love]

Makes me wonder if the Clones are even fertile? Sure, Boba was in Legends, but still...

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.