main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Chance (Spoiler/Rumor EP III Discussion)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    If there's a Spoiler-Free thread, why not a thread for spoilers. Thanks to Jurist for the suggestion.

So Spoil away.

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Let's see if I can remember what I learned from a guy at Film Con...

Anakin kills Dooku right at the beginning of the movie.....and does so in Palapatine's Office.....

Anakin also kills Mace....

Anakin is ALSO responsible for Padme's death

You will see Padme die....Mon Mothma is at Padme's funeral

Film ends with Obi-Wan giving Luke to Owen...and Owen telling Obi-Wan never to come back...

3. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I also heard about the Dooku dying early thing. I heard it was within the first tern minutes of the movie.
    As for Mace, Samuel L. Jackson has stated in interviews the he's "not the type of guy who will go out without a Bang" (I believe "Bang is the word he used) and that Mace is the kind of guy that would "take somebody down with him". That's why I was leaning more towards Grevious myself. I think it would have to be someone major, but someone that we know has to be killed off.

I read about Anakin using the force to choke hold Padme and throws her against a wall (This is somewhat speculative and somewhat real) which in turn knocks her out, which also in turn sicks Obi-Wan on him. But the force of the "Force-attack" sends her into labor, where she dies.

Personally I'm just waiting to see Palapatine use a lightsaber. That would be Lucas's coup-de-tat to counter the whole Yoda fight, only this time with someone evil...whom we know lives (in more ways than one, to the EU readers that is)

4. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I also hear there is a huge space battle at the beginning of the movie.

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    A huge space battle? In a Star Wars movie? It'll never happen....

The concept of Palpy with a lightsaber boggles my mind. I can't picture it.

6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    The concept of Thom with a mind boggles. I can't picture it.

Oh, and Chewbacca is Anakin's father.

7. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Haz, if you can't handle the concept, why'd you tell everyone that you love me for my mind???

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    a mind....

where can I get one of those?

E-bay?

9. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    And there is a site where I have seen pics of the Sidious saber have to find it again.

10. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Whether you can picture it or not, someone had to train all the Darth's in their evil ways (that includes lightsaber training). Aside from Tyranus/Dooku that is.

Oh yeah, and Chewbacca saves the babies at some point.

And I beleive we get to see either a younger Lando or Lando's father. A little foggy on that bit of reading. Dare we hope for a young Han cameo?!?!

Did anyone else read about how Palpy orders Anakin to go to the temple and destroy all the younglings. To wipe out the next generation of Jedi in one swoop. Now that would be a DARK twist. And it would definitely be a slight return to form for Lucas if he has the cahones to slaughter kids in the flick.

11. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Okay, now that is evil... I love it! ;)

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I am pretty sure that there will be no Han cameo...I remember that being a pretty sure "no"...

bummer....

Chewie saving the younglings....kinda makes sense...
    but then again ....maybe not....

dunno....
    :confused:

13. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Not the "younglings" in general. I read that he saves the twins (Luke & Leia) and gets them to Obi-Wan.

14. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    This is soooo cool! I've just read that Gary Oldman is in negotiations with Lucas right now to perform a character voice in Star Wars : Ep. III. It has been confirmed by his management company.

Could he be going up for the voice role of General Grievous?!?! They haven't revealed exactly who yet, but I'm strongly leaning towards Grievous. Gary Oldman rules!!!

15. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Oh, and as for the Han thing it's just a hope of mine. But you have to remember that Lucas and Macullum have made it their job to tell us things that are true "from a certain point of view" such as the incinerated pic of Anakin that was going around. So when they say "no" Han won't make a cameo you can never be sure if they're only referring to Harrison Ford (i.e the Han we all know) making one, or the possibility of seeing a younger, new actor make a brief cameo and get called Han or something. In their old age everything has become distorted into "certain points of view".

16. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    To have Anakin go to the temple and destroy all the younglings and to wipe out the next generation of Jedi in one swoop would be truly evil. I love it! That would be the ultimate movie moment, how dark and twist would that be? It ant going to happen Gorge wont do it, it?s like you said he does not have the cahones to slaughter Kids. One can hope but I wont put any money on it. I am preparing to be disappointed I see a "The Jar jar debacle!" on the way but I maybe wrong!

17. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Ok kiddies mark your calendars:

Episode III Teaser Trailer will debut in November 2004, most likely before the CG-animated film "The Incredibles"

Episode III First Full Trailer will appear in April 2005. Most likely will be unattached and at the theaters discretion because at press time Fox only has one movie coming out at that time. And the types of films that they are would clash, so no one is putting their money on that one..

18. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Umm, do you guys remember that photo that was circulated that had "Spirit" Anakin at the end of ROTJ with Obi-Wan and Yoda that everyone thought was just elaborate Photoshop.
    Well, umm, how can I put this...It's not. I have now seen the VIDEO clip of the entire scene redone. All I can say is, "Hmmmm...."

19. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    I also saw one of the coolest looking Wookies ever, next to Chewie of course!

20. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I saw the photos of the Wookies too....amazing how far they have come from the fake fur of the OT....

and soooooooo....
    they are really gonna do the Anakin head on Spirit of Obi Wan huh....

interesting....

21. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Oh. no I wasn't referring to the pic of the wookies in The Insider. No, no, I saw a green screen video clip of a specific "other" wookie who had some type of armor/chest-n-shoulder padding on and really cool braided hair coming down. He was pumping some kind of stick/weapon up and down in the air like a deranged Tusken Raider.

Beyond that, the cleaned up prints of the OT movies look PHENOMENAL! And the space battles are only slightly tweaked from the scenes I've seen (but in a good, nothing-to-complain-about kinda way). And he also changed the look of holographic recordings such as the one of Luke in Jabba's Palace. They still look like holgrams but much crisper, a bit more color, less like an old projector.

22. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Oh almost forgot, the general concensus on a few other "in-the-know" boards is that:

A. Obi-Wan kills General Grievous. And takes quite a whooping in the process.

B. Some puzzle package artwork that has been seen, shows a fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan and they are both using Blue lightsabers...for those who like little details. 'Course Lucas could change a box picture with one phone-call.

C. No one seems to be letting up on the Palpatine/Sidious vs. Yoda fight. So, here's to hoping for one mother of a SW fight! Ass plenty of people have pointed out, what could Sidious do that would be threatening? Shoot lightning? We've already seen how Yoda handles that, so they are REALLLLLLLY hoping for a lightsaber for the dark one.

D. There also seems to be a lot of backing on the Anakin slaughtering the temple thing (i.e. the younglings). And we do apparently get to see the whole Jedi Council get killed. Whether one by one or all together I don't yet know.

E. In order to connect properly everyone is also now under the belief that Padme does NOT die in this film. Simply to connect with Leia's memory of her in ROTJ. But they are resurrecting the possibility that some Alderaanian additions have been made to ANH before it's destruction. Stranger things have happened. But there are a number of possible explanations for her Leia's memory so we'll have to wait and see.

More soon....

23. JediErica

JediErica Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    There is a chance that she never fully recovered from her injuries resulted from Anakin and a pemature labor. This would explain Leia saying that she died when she was very young. Maybe Padme lives through this movie but not healthy mentally or physically
    Erica

24. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/hydnfn4evr/dookusbadday0iv.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/hydnfn4evr/familiarduel2ee.jpg

I think it's going to be really hard to buy Anakin having any internal conflict with the decision to "strike down" Dooku. Looks like they're going to try to sell it in a similar manner as the RotJ throne-room battle....'cept Anakin will of course waste Dooku.

I suppose it'd be an interesting twist if he does in fact refuse to kill Dooku in cold blood...then turns later with Obi-Wan.

Bosh

"You want this, don't you."

25. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    interesting....

looks like prediction #1 on my post right below the first post in this thread is due to come true...

wonder about the rest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.