Chancellor Yoda?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by rsterling78, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At one point in ROTS, the Jedi talk about deposing Palpatine and taking control of the Senate. Assuming that Mace had actually killed Palpatine and that this scheme had been carried out, what would have happened to the Republic?

Would Yoda be provisional Chancellor?

Would the Senate refuse to recognize the Jedi as temporary rulers?

Would Mace stand trial for killing Palpatine?

Your thoughts?

2. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    In the novel Sidious uses recordings and security tapes to frame the Jedi. Had he been killed then those same measures would have been used against him, there would have been no one in the position of Chancellor until another was elected, the entire plot would have been exposed, and good peace may have taken place as a result of a near brush with a dictatorship.
  3. Count-Tyranus Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Jedi would have formed a provisional government out reliable elements of the Senate.

I am not certain that Yoda would have been interim Chancellor as there were many far more experienced Senators that could have filled the bill. I think Bail Organa would have been interim Chancellor.
  4. Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling

star 5
    With Palpatine dead, the Jedi would, hopefully have been able to convince the Senate that he was pulling the Sepratists' strings and had therefore organised a devastating galactic conflict purely to seize power.

As the Jedi anticipated, this would be a delicate time - Palpatine being such a popular and, seemingly, effective Chancellor and all.
    I think the plan would have been to put the Senate under military control until the matter was resovled and the war was over.
    But with the Jedi themselves being the generals actively involved in leading the war effort, they are kind of treading on thin ice there...
  5. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    But with the Jedi themselves being the generals actively involved in leading the war effort, they are kind of treading on thin ice there...

Yep, very thin ice. The jedi are about as diplomatic as a cold rain of noodles. Palps had many, many friends. They only would have convinced a very small minority of the Senators that their intentions were honorable. There would have have been chaos and civil wars had the Jedi suceeded. And if the Jedi tried to supress that, their popularity would have sunk even lower.
  6. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    I doubt the Jedi would actually declare themselves Chancellor.
    I can bet that they'd appoint a Senator, whom they trust, to take over the job of Palpatine.

Or, the entire Jedi Council would take control of the Senate, not just one Jedi.
  7. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Yoda would just decree himself God and everyone would bow to his manifest greatness.
  8. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    yoshifett
    I think Yoda would just decree himself God and everyone would bow to his manifest greatness.

honestly, i would second it. :)
  9. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Vote now! Vote now!"
  10. BlackRook Jedi Knight

star 2
    Orn Free Taa: I motion to suspend all galactic holiday festivities until my contact lens is found!

Chancellor Yoda: Hrrm. Is the motion seconded?

Bail Organa: I second the notion, Sentor Free Taa looks creepy with two differently colored eyes.

Ask Aak: Third.

Chancellor Yoda: Recognize the senator from Malastare at this time, the chair does not. Hmmmm. Form a committee to best deal with this crisis, we shall. All in favor?

Bail Organa: Aye.

Orn Free Taa: Nay!

Chancellor Yoda: Hrrm?

Orn Free Taa: I found my contact lens.

Chancellor Yoda: Form a committee to ascertain this finding, we shall. Senator Aak, place you at the chair of the committee, I do. Present your findings to the senate next Tuesday, you will.

Lott Dod: I object! I motion that we send a commission to investigate Senator Aak to ensure that he does not have cause or motive to falsify evidence.

Chancellor Yoda: Difficult to see, the future is. Clouded, the fate of this contact lens is. Suspend the vote for the appointment of a committee to investigate the validity of Senator Organa's finding until tomorrow, I will. Until then, put on indefinite hold all holiday festivities will be. Adjourned, the senate is.

Lott Dod: This is outrageous!
  11. Darth_Maestro Force Ghost

star 4
    ^^^[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    political yoda what can i say.....8-}
  12. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I think Mace would probably have to stand trial. And since the rest of the Jedi Council was probably in on it, they'd have to stand trial too. Although they did it to protect the Republic, the act in itself is still illegal, and the Jedi would have to be accountable to that. Most of the high-ranking Jedi would probably resign their posts, leaving Obi-Wan and Anakin to lead the Jedi Order.

To heck with continuity...this would've made a far better ending to ROTS =P
  13. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aksmoe/img/movie_bg.jpg]
    Ainlee Teem of Malastare would become the new chancellor and would repeal the interstellar trade route tax that started all this mess.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/macewindu/img/eu2_bg.jpg]
    Mace Windu would be found guilty of murder and sentenced to 20 years in the spice mines of Kessel.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie_bg.jpg]
    Yoda would be found guilty of treason and would be stripped of his Republic citizenship. He would relocate to Tatooine and become a moisture farmer.

[image=http://www.twitchfilm.net/pics/Anakin-Skywalker.jpg]
    Anakin Skywalker, without any hope of using the powers of the Sith to save Padme during childbirth, would take her to see medical droid 2-1B who would refer her to an obstetrician. With proper pre-natal care, she would give birth to two healthy children and live a long life.

14. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Yoda would be found guilty of treason and would be stripped of his Republic citizenship. He would relocate to Tatooine and become a moisture farmer.

Tending the shrooms that grow on the moisture evaporators. :p :p
  15. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    On a serious note, I wonder what would happen with the war? With Palpatine no longer pulling the strings of both the Separatists and the Republic, I guess the war would continue unless Bail Organa took over and negotiated a settlement or something.

16. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The members of the Loyalist Committee who opposed Palpatine would take over for the time being, until a new Chancellor could be elected. The Jedi would supervise the entire ordeal and perform background checks. Without Sidious to guide them, the Confederacy would fall apart and the Separatist Council would be forced to surrender.
  17. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

I think at that point, the CIS MIGHT put 2 and 2 together. Hey, the Chancellor is dead and Darth Sidious won't contact us anymore....

Carnage
  18. BuriedAlien Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think that Yoda or any of the Jedi assuming the role of Chancellor would send the wrong message...something the Jedi could ill afford at the time. Perhaps they would have restored Valorum (or was he dead? I think they killed him in EU, but EU doesn't apply to film continuity).

19. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What about Mas Amedda? He was Vice Chair of the Senate. Maybe he would have been provisional Chancellor?

20. Obi-Chron Force Ghost

star 4
    Mace would suffer the fate of Black Men everywhere. The true yet sacrifical hero, he would bear the blame for Palpatine's death and live his life in chains, the object of unfathomable public ridicule and disgrace.

Yoda and Obi-Wan, who had absolutely nothing to do with Palpatine's defeat by Mace, would receive all the public praise and come out smelling like Outer Rim roses. Yoda would eventually become Emperor and Obi-Wan his loyal deputy.

Anakin, after medical treatment, would be committed to a Corellian insane asylum. After therapy, he would join the circus.

Padme raises Luke and Leia. Their natural force abilities lead them to become professional game show contestants. They gain fame from running the table on every show that they appear. They meet their father years later on a galactic version of 'What's My Line.' The three become so popular that they ultimatley unseat Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Anakin rules the galaxy. His children heirs to his throne. It was, after all, his destiny!!!!!!!!

21. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL! Pure gold!

22. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    The members of the Loyalist Committee who opposed Palpatine would take over for the time being, until a new Chancellor could be elected.

They also seemed to be unpopular with the majority of senators, maybe more so than the jedi. Chaos and civil war either way.
  23. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Yoda could essentially use a massive mind trick on the senate, much like Palpatine did while he was in power.
  24. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    There would have been an election for a new or temporary Chancellor. The Jedi themselves wouldn't hold more power other than organizing this.
  25. SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    'Reliable' elements of the republic?? Its a Republic, everyone has a say even the element who have supported Palpatine. If they are shunned out of the process, expect another Civil War in the Republic. You cant just root out all the Palpatine Supporters in a democracy and install Jedi supporting senators, thats more like a dictatorship if you ask me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.