main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Chanel Vanecek?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, I'm sure some know and some do not know, but it was posted on the main theforce.net site that a Star Wars fan, and member of one of the many 501st Legions, died recently. Here are some links:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/chanel/

http://www.vanecek.com/chanel/

Now, even before I typed this, I realized that some out there might think "How could you ask that?" after I post this, but I am now overly curious and cannot find the information anywhere. Does anyone know how she actually died? Her newest journal entry was as recent at October 17, and while she states she was ill, like with the flu or some such, it mentions nothing about being *that* bad. Her previous posts don't seem to indicate any terminal illness, either.

This is disturbing, upsetting, sad, and just about everything else there is, and it is just a shame when something like this happens. But in saying that, what *did* actually happen?

If no one knows, at least visit those links, and the other links provided in them, to learn a little about her.

Brandon

2. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I must say Brandon, this is extremley upsetting. But this is amazing what Star Wars fans will do for one another. It's touching in a way... very odd. Theres alot of tributes and everything. Thanks for posting it all.

-Anthony
    (100TH POST!)

3. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I read on Bikerscout.net that she had 2 heart attacks that put her in the hospital and then a stroke while in the hospital is what did it. Its porsted there and at the Rebellion.com. ALways sad to lose someone so young.

Dale

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    That is too bad- she seemed like a very intresting person. I wish she had been in our group. Oh well. C'est l'vie.

5. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Brandon,

Heres what was posted at BikerScout.net:

We have lost a fellow trooper. I have meet Chanel a couple times at Comic Con and she was a virbrant and fun person. She will be missed!

I just read this on the 501st message boards...

Chanel was 23, with a young daughter. Friday she suffered two major heart attacks and subcumed over the weekend to a stroke. There is a college fund being set up for her daughter.
    Not only was she part of the GGG, but she interacted quite a bit with us in the GGG as well.
    I think that for most of us who did not know her well, this still hurts. She was able to leave an indelable mark on us all and will be greatly missed.

dianediane
    ID#1515

The Pathfinders mourn the loss of a person such as Chanel! A page has been set up so you can see her at http://www.goldengategarrison.com/chanel/

Also a fund has been set up for her daughter. Please contact Brian at schaub-art@sbcglobal.net

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Two heart attacks at that age is rare. I wonder if she had high blood pressure or any number of other things going on in her body (sadly, I have not obtained my Ph.D in medicine yet).

If something like that happens to me, please at least someone post a message here in the forums. Maybe it'll get like five responses.

Brandon

7. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Brandon,

She got a spot in Star Wars Insider this month. Right on the opening page. They're donating money from the sale of I Max posters for her daughters college fund.

Dale

8. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I just got the issue today. They also dedicate an entire page to her in Bantha Tracks. I suppose it is nice that they are going to donate the proceeds for those Imax posters to her child.

Everyone, if I die, *please* get me a page in the Insider. Also, I'd like a SW character, even in a crappy expanded universe novel, named after me. I'd like to be a "bad" guy, though, not some hippie Rebel.

Brandon

9. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Come on Brandon, hippies are cool in a hobbit like way!

10. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Since we are talking about such a pleasant subject- Would you want a character in a movie or a book?
    Use the name Brandon or Pikaroth?
    On that line, I'm curious, I know some of our names are obvious but others aren't. To all -does your name mean something?
    My name is actually not the obvious. My grandfather named me in a Orthodox Temple and that was the name given to me.
    Does Sabaac mean anything to you Campbell - like you're a good card player?
    Ia - enough said - cool name. Etc.

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    You could Star Warsify my name, like Bran'dyn or something like that. Or, even spell it in reverse, Nodnarb, a true Star Wars' name!

I think I already told my naming story, and it was rather boring. I promise to do so again one day, someday soon, but for now, it will remain a mystery (I must confess, I simply am going to bed soon, early day tomorrow, and don't wish to type... lazy, lazy, lazy).

Brandon

12. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    SABACC: other than liking the word itself, and choosing it as my first e-mail address about 14 years ago, I guess I latched onto it because it's a game of chance. We never know when things are going to go into the interference field, we've got to figure a way to play the hand that's dealt us.

And Dale, cool that the one military man in our squad likes hippy hobbits. Very inspiring, I'm going to go take a walk. Without shoes.

13. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    I actually got my name from German class in college. My textbook said that it was a popular name. So when I started my aol account, I picked tristan and just hit the numbers. Been stuck with it ever since. I use it for all my log ins on the different boards. Although I think Im going to make another one and get started all over, becasue hey Im not in German class anymore. Maybe spell my name backwards??? Elad Thims. Looks weird. Oh well Ill think of something.

Campbell let me know if you trip over any pot smoking hippie hobbits! Lol.

Dale

14. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Pipeweed, man. Pipe-weed.

I was Jan back in hs German class.

15. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Oops. Thats what I meant pipe weed smoking hobbits. Sorry for the confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.