main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Chanel's B-day *IMPORTANT UPDATE*

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey guys there has been a change in venue because Jillian's could not suit certain criteria for a dinner. Also the time of the event has also changed (still Feb. 7th but it's a b-day lunch now instead of dinner) so I hope everyone can still make it! Sorry about the changes guys!:

It's at the Marriott Hotel, 55 Fourth St & Mission,
    directly across from Metreon, one block south of the
    Powell St. BART station.

It's the same day, Sat. Feb. 7 and it's from 11:30 - 2 p.m.

As you enter the lobby, go to your right and take the escalator to the next floor. The restaurant will be on your right. It's still $20 per person, as before, and will include several items, including several salads, soups, and a refillable non-alcoholic beverage. It's also a buffet so feel free to loosen the belts before hand. :) (a sample menu for that day might be something like: broiled NY steak w/burgundy wine demiglaze, baked salmon w/ horseradish crust, green beans almondine, and garlic mashed potatoes). RSVP is still by the 2nd with Matt taking the payments via paypal @ toschestation@yahoo.com or other forms of payment via check, MO, etc at his mailing addy (PM or reply on this thread if you want that option).

If people come are coming into the City there still might be the Chinese New Years road closures now so I'd reccommend getting here by 10:30am if possible. Also since the time has changed we can talk a while afterwards about future events like WonderCon and Celebration 3 and then checkout the Chanel New Years Parade, I mean Chinese New Years Parade @ 5:30pm!

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, isn't this year the Year of the Monkey? As I recall, Chanel was born that year, too. Coincidence? I don't think so.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep! Chanel and I are both monkeys! :)

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    You bananaheads!

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I like bananas! Banana Cream Pie is especially good... :p mmmm pie... Speaking of desserts! Is there a place where we can get some terimesu for Chanel's b-day on the 7th?

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Chanel was born in the Year of the Goat.

The new year didn't start until lat Feb the year Chanel was born. Angelica was born in the year of the Pig.

7. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Yo... How bout one of these places? http://www.heavenlytiramisu.com/frisco.htm

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    You're right, Robert. I should've checked better. I forgot that New Year's falls on a different date every year. D'oh!

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    aww... technicallity! ;) Anything 1980 Monkey! :p Empire Strikes Back, Monkey! :D

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think the SFFF Council will need to met up at some point for trouble shooting for Feb 7th and planning stuff. Mary Franklin will be attending to our shin dig and she's back with LucasFilm working as Steve Sansweet's assitant. Let's make it good gentlemen! :)

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Very cool, Ming! Hey, all. Parking info. If you don't plan to stay more than a few hours, you can park at the 5th & Mission Garage diagonally across the street. If you DO plan to stay a little longer, and don't mind walking two blocks, the parking lot at 5th and Folsom is usually $5 all day, but because of the parade, it could be $8 or $10. BTW, George Lucas: Year of The Monkey!

12. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Will the streets around 5th and Mission be blocked off for the parade?

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    SFFF Council, should we met up next wednesday at some point? Or sooner?

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    That would be a good idea.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm off work at 6 pm Wednesday.

16. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    Wait a sec, Today wednesday? If so, ill be home at 3:30 someone call me!

17. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    Oh nevermind, of course not today wednesday, I think we should have this sooner, so we can get evrything set in stone. We discussed an afterparty, We have to figure out where to hold that?

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If anyone needs directions, call the Marriott at 415-896-1600.

19. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Hmm, I may take bart as a "just in case" plan ... I know there is a bart stop really super close to there but I forgot what it was called, is it Folsom or Civic center? Oy! I need to go up to SF more :)

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just a reminder to those who can't PayPal me or send me a check: Pls. pay me when you get there. I have my credit card on hold there, and I'm not paying for anyone who can't. Sorry.

21. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks for the parking info!!! I'll be posting this on my boards as well as a reminder about RSVPing.

As of now I am the only one driving from Sac. Matt, I will be sending you a letter tomorrow including the names of the people coming from my sector as well as my $$.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks!

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    What is our count as of now, anyway?

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm gonna be bringing two Rogues not including myself for a total of 3 for now. Matt let me know if you want the $ ahead of time or the day of.

25. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Ming, I'm sending the box on Saturday, but haven't had time to wrap the stuff, so you'll hafta do the honors, if you don't mind. thanks. :) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.