main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Jedi Knight Skywalker, welcome back to the real world!!! :)
    Congratulations for this trance. To keep up with the Matrix metaphore, I would say that the Chosen One has reached his source and is reborn. But if it is so, then another cycle is started, and the Dark Side will prevail again. [face_thinking]

Congratulations for this Force-induced trance. It was really wonderful. Anakin going from his childhood to the real nature of Darth Vader! That was some incredible trip through time and space! =D= =D=

And finally, as for my comments (that entertain you as you say), I dare say that your story is their source. I don't believe I make very entertaining comments otherwise.

2. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    *Angels coming down from heaven and singing "Hallejuah"* [face_dancing].

I mean it's about time Anakin woke up [face_dancing].

I absolutely loved the insight into what was going in Anakin's head so we could get a feel for what he's going through to try to atone for his past mistakes [face_peace].

And sorry for changing the icon I got bored of Padme and decided I needed a handsome but angry looking Jedi named Anakin [face_laugh] [face_laugh]!!

3. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Lovely chapter. How fitting that it was his mother that set him free.

4. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Oh awesome he's awake and got to see his mother again. That hovering near the lake where he voluntarily killed Padme-you had me really worried there! Now I understand he was just going through all the possible scenarios that his life could have taken. Thanks for bringing him back though [face_love]

I'm glad he was able to meet with his mother in the abyss and she steered him back towards his life. She always was a beautiful mother-able to steer him in the right direction even if it meant letting go :_|

I hope when Luke and Leia return down their vortex their reality and galaxy is altered for the better. Good post =D=

5. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh how wonderful, he has decided to live and rejoin the land of the living. Very nicely done, such vivid imagery with each scene depicting the vast emotions that he was feeling. I especially like the mother son talk near the end, telling him that he can do things and not have to lay in a state of "what ifs". Can't wait to see what happens next- however I'm thinking Padme needs to have a little rest herself after this whole ordeal.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My friend, I?ve been harsh with Ani but I want you to know, I don?t think he?s utterly hopeless or unredeemable (Have you read the part where Steelegaze brokenly admits he was a murderer, yet? Just as he?s cleansed and forgiven, I sincerely hope Ani will be CoF. I also hope Ani and Obi reconcile at some point like my fellows do. No, I?m not saying anymore about UF. You?ll get there in time.)

The descriptions of Ani in the lake remind me vividly of Steadfast and his elation revolving around the liquid gift of the Creator and its soothing and nurturing qualities. Beautiful! Also, Ani can love without destroying?he just needs to modify how he expresses it a bit.

What a horrible nightmare! That is what it is, right? Some of Obi?s actions were harsh and condemning of Anakin, yes. However, Anakin?s own actions were also indeed, grave. If Anakin can realize that he?s gone astray?why couldn?t Obi? Though, Padmé implying that Kenobi doesn?t care if his student and brother ever awakens again is going a bit far. Everyone has endured much and has needed time to cope, adjust, and come to realizations. Don?t we all when we experience grave traumas? Ah, the I believe, help my unbelief admission and plea, I know it well.

?He is responsible the each wrinkle and grey hair I have?? Very true! :D

Breathtaking! Positively the most beautifully written and moving chapter of the story, yet! =D= @};-

More, please! [:D]

7. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Anakin is back!!!!!!:)

8. Mystery_Jedi90

Mystery_Jedi90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2006
    A rather emotional chapter which was masterly written.

The trance was a truly test of Anakin's emotions and his dark persona.

I can only imagined how it would feel to see your dead mother again after such a long...:_|:_|. I'm glad that he's back.

But what are the other chapters going to tell about?

9. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    A great post!

loved the interaction between Anakin and Shmi, can can't wait to see what happens to Anakin when the Council convenes.

More soon please!

10. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    YAY!
    Anakin is awake. I wonder what will become of Anakin. If I had to guess I would say that Anakin would probably be allowed to stay on and help rebuild what he almost destroyed. He could even inspire some changes to be made in the order. Am I close to the mark?

Great update! Anxiously awaiting the next post.

11. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    =D= An update! [face_dancing]

It's good to see that Anakin woke up... now let's only hope he gets on the right path, so we can kiss Vader goodbye [face_worried]

I loved the bit about little Luke and Obi [face_laugh] , that was just too cute :p

So this story is almost over huh? i get the feeling the teary moments when older Luke and leia have to go back to their own time are coming very soon :( and i bet that ur gonna end up making me cry :_|

:p [face_laugh]

Tnx a lot for the pm, and i look forward to the next chapters :D [face_peace]

12. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    Great Chapter, I am glad he woke up. Now the healing begins.

13. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Loud, wild sobs? sobs of relief? bursting from deep within her, Padmé buried her head on Anakin?s chest and allowed herself to forget about everything in the universe.

When the Healer, accompanied by Obi-Wan and adult twins, burst in the room, she saw a dark-headed woman sobbing uncontrollably while the young, blonde man stroked her back awkwardly, his yet half-opened blue eyes screaming with myriads of unreadable emotions.

=D=Wonderful update! I should of checked the post sooner so I could have seen your notes!

14. hpssslashfan

hpssslashfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2007
    GREAT UPDATE! Don't have a lot of time so I'm quoting almost everyone. :)

DITTO

I think the healing process is going to be arduous and very worth while. I can;t wait to see the conversations between Ani & Padme, Ani & Adult!Luke, Ani & Adult!Leia and especially Ani & Obi.

Very , very anxiously awaiting! OOPS GOTTA GO! I'll try to come back and edit later@};-

15. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    time to see how merciful the galaxy will be to a man who committed so many wrongs.

16. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :D

He's baaaaack!

Such wonderful descriptions of the steps Anakin took to be brave enough to wake up. Seeing himself lose control again really proves that he made the mistakes, and he's starting to take responsibility for them. I really love that it was Shmi that taught him why he needed to come back, and made him feel ready to do it. Obi-Wan's thoughts at watching Anakin sleeping were very touching, too--I love how he's thinking all of this out as the galaxy around them changes. Oh, and Luke was adorable too.

Much =D=, Crazy! Such a wonderful tour de force of emotion in this chapter. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions, especially Obi-Wan's and the Jedi Order. I think we're still in for quite a ride...

I loved it as always, but you always know that. :D

17. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    So I'm no where NEAR finishing this... but I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! When I finish I can put more of a reply up.

Brittney

18. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Add me to the update list please

19. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Oh, we are near the end! What shall I ever do without one of my favorite stories? [face_worried]

I love the dreamy aspect that you have going on here? so idyllic yet the symbolism! You?ve managed what I haven?t- making it sleepy and dreamlike without making the reader curl up and fall asleep!I-)

And Padmé showed up- absolutely perfect! If there was anyone who could bring him back, it would be her!

She half-smiled, her eyes anguished. ?I miss you too, so very much.? Her hand toyed with his curls absent-mindedly. ?When will you wake up??

Anakin disentangled himself gently from her embrace. ?I want to wake up so much... But I won?t.?

I must admit I gasped aloud at that- so brutally honest and heart wrenching. I sincerely hope that she can convince him otherwise?

The part where he turned on her was wicked and bone tingling? how could that have all happened so quickly? It only shows how vulnerable he still is when it comes to the Dark Side- can he ever be truly healed? His reaction to her death? truly horrifying (having him roar was a nice touch? amazing imagery).:eek:

[face_love] [face_laugh] The little twins are so cute? I can?t decide which tugs at my heart more! Probably Luke at the moment! I loved how he ?Obi?d? Obi-Wan- too funny! And his reaction:

Obi-Wan?s face remained perfectly composed, though Padmé believed to see a sparkle of amusement in his bleak eyes. ?Don?t ?Obi? me ? it won?t help. I?m not taking another Skywalker as my Apprentice. You can give your father prematurely grey hair when he wakes up, waits for several years and takes you as his Pada-? he broke off abruptly and averted his eyes, a sparkle of amusement gone.

Absolutely hilarious? and followed by more angst.

Once again, Padmé was all alone? and she still wasn?t used to that feeling.

Poor Padmé? my heart goes out to her. It must be rough to have her husband there? but he?s not there, if you know what I mean.:(

And then he gets to meet his mother![face_love]

?Ani, if you look for punishment and harsh words, I can?t give them to you. I can offer you only words of love and comfort. You made many mistakes, and you paid for them? paid much. We all make mistakes.? She took his masked face between her hands. ?You?re strong enough to admit how wrong you were, and you chose a hard path of redemption instead of oblivion. For that, I am proud of you.?

That part was beautiful![face_love] *proud tears*

Shmi smiled. ?You?re a Jedi, Ani. You know more than anyone that looks can be deceiving.?

That was probably my most favorite quote out of the entire post!=D=

When the Healer, accompanied by Obi-Wan and adult twins, burst in the room, she saw a dark-headed woman sobbing uncontrollably while the young, blonde man stroked her back awkwardly, his yet half-opened blue eyes screaming with myriads of unreadable emotions.

Oh, a perfect ending to that post! I love it all! [:D]

I must admit that I loved this post even more on my *counts on fingers and shrugs* numerous read throughs! It was very beautiful- you handled everyone?s emotions very well!=D=

Hurray for my Padawan everyone! [face_dancing]

AnakinsFavorite

20. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    This is a great fic, and I'm glad that I found it. Keep it up, and I can't wait to see what happens next. If I could be added to your pm list so I know when the next update is I'll appreciate it.

21. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    *De-Lurks*

Please don't make us wait too long for this to be updated.
    also could you add me to the pm list so I can know when you update

22. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    His mother!

I knew that someone could do it: Padme couldn't do it; his adult children couldn't; his baby children couldn't; Obi-wan...well, nevermind; but his mother - wow, I never would have thought.

I'm sorry, but I am quite tired as I have been awake for 35 hours now and just got time to check the internet and didn't really read the whole post. Not saying anything, but I got the jist of it.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

23. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Wow, he's alive! (Of course he is!) I sence that we're going to start entering the follow up stage?

Awesome post! Can't wait for more!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

24. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Anakin's awake!!

I love that it was his mother who gave him the push he needed to make his way out of the dream world.

Anakin still has a lot to atone for, but he has taken the first step in allowing himself to face whatever is coming.

Wonderful job!

jcs

25. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Fantastic chapter. Really heartwarming and beuatifully played out.

Of course I wanted him to wake up as Vader again[face_liarliar] and take them all to bits.

Fantastic story. And only a bit to go?:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.