main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    OMG, that was wow, I understood after the A/P part that Anakin would do something because of what he have done and after a while I understood what it was. In the end I couldn?t help but admire him, it takes a lot of inner strength to do what he did. I do wonder what they will do to him now and I can?t wait until I get to find out. I missed this story and I was so happy when I saw that it had been updated. Fantastic update my friend.

2. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    What a loss! This stew seemed rather good to me. [face_laugh]
    Nice post. At last, Anakin has taken upon himself to face his own demons; that is, to face himself and accept his true nature. Perhaps the Jedi should follow his example.

3. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Ah what an emotional chapter CrazyAni with Anakin finally waking up and reconciling with Padme and Obi-Wan [:D]!

I think that was brave of Anakin to admit to his crimes and face whatever sentence comes his way, that's justice [face_peace].

Great post!

4. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    That Banter was great between Obi-wan and Anakin...now it is time for the galaxy to decide

5. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved the discussion between Anakin & Obi-Wan. I just discovered this story. May I please be added to the PM list?

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Good to hear from you my friend! *hugs* Wow, you've grown into a very gifted writer, my friend! =D= Thank you for desplaying so much courage in both having physically challanged characters in the story, the beginnings of healing between the brothers, and most especially for permitting Ani to be honest with everyone...at long, long last. I hope whomever is judge over his trial has mercy on him.*Hugs* Well done. More, please! :D
    Dooku@};-

7. darth_eowyn

darth_eowyn Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2007
    Great post!

Someone needs to knock some sense into Anakin, though. There's no way he can survive a fair trial, and his dying isn't going to help anyone. It'll just make things worse. Besides, I think that this kind of living up to crimes---making someone punish you instead of fixing the problem---isn't that helpful. It's like you assauge your own guilt by pushing the responsibility for dealing with it onto someone else, rather than facing it yourself.

8. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    That was a wonderful post. I liked the way Obi-Wan and Anakin talked about each other in the third person, until they were able to drop their defenses and accept each other as friends again.

The door hissed quietly in her wake. Anakin and Obi-Wan were alone now unless the thick, tensed, nearly tangible silence between them also counted as a companion. =D= Well put.

And all this talk about Anakin surrendering and doing the "bleak" and empty right thing kind of has me worried [face_worried] Wouldn't it be possible for him to accomplish more by atoning for his crimes and helping to repair the damage?

Nice add on about the family, and so sad that they have a little daughter that is blind and deaf. I wonder how society as a whole will view his mistakes.

Standing by the window and watching the crimson glow of the setting sun illuminate his flesh hand, Anakin felt that he had reached the apex of his life?never before had he reached a time when he had to make such a hard decision. Looking back on his past through the gauzed purple clouds, Anakin knew that he had been always making impulsive choices with his eyes closed to the impending future. But never before had the skies of his ambitions felt so vast and suffocating, never before had the false red sun burnt his arm with such intensity.

Loved this paragraph. Very lyrical.

9. satanat_solo

satanat_solo Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    ?Darth Vader was the Hero With No Fear,? he whispered. ?The man all of you praise so much had become a feared monster.?

:eek:

*Ba Ba Baaam!*

That's not gonna go over too well... but then again, how could anyone stay mad at such a pretty man?[face_thinking]

all in all a lovely chapter, with a very powerful closer...=D=

10. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh my, so Anakin has chosen to tempt his fate and atone for the things that he has done. I'm hoping for a pardon,so that him and Padme can live their lives.. but, I don't know. I"ll be waiting anxiously.

11. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    An amazing update!!!!

12. Erised_Star

Erised_Star Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2006
    First of all, it's good to see you back my friend! [:D]

But secondly, don't you dare send my Ani to prison!![face_shame_on_you][face_praying]

I mean seriously, why would he do this? I get that Anakin wants to do the right thing, but doesn't he know how much more suffering he will bring upon his family by doing what he's doing right now?

Just please let them be a family, they have been through enough! Surely you can see that? [face_praying]

Thanks for the pm [:D]

13. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Welcome back - we missed you!

Let me say that Anakin is doing the right thing. But I do have a question: is the Old Republic still in operation? I know your story is a focus soly on the inner struggle between Anakin and Vader, but what happened with the government after the Emperor's death?

As for the trial, I feel that he will be found guilty, sentenced for life and be discraced forever - on Earth. In the Galaxy Far, Far Away; they will do something a little less strict...I think...maybe...I don't know.

How many are left?

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

14. Mystery_Jedi90

Mystery_Jedi90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2006
    Oh, that's was great. Loved the dialoque between Anakin and Obi-Wan. It was good and funny still.:)

So soon the trial against Anakin will commence? I think it will be Mon Mothma and Bail Organa that will organise the trial as the Republic isn't ready to be back and running.

Great case of showing the view of the war from the eyes of an commoner. It gives another perspective.

How's the Galaxy doing? Have the Republic been re-established or is most of the Galaxty still in Imperial control? I wish an resumé, please. :)

15. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    a great, great post CrazyAni I especially loved the last bit with those OC's... Very well done!!

16. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    great chapter, to face ones past and accept the fate is ultimate test of character.

17. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Wow, this was a great chapter. I'm glad Anakin is willing to do the hard thing and face the consequences for his horrible crimes, even though part of me longs to see the Skywalker family happy together.

I loved seeing his confession through the eyes of the OCs. It showed how people throughout the galaxy might have responded, and I think their reaction was right on.

18. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    There is only one more thing I want to tell you?and that is my identity.? The gloved hand reached to the end of the mask. ?You deserve to know the name of the villain who had brought so much pain and destruction to the Galaxy.?

The mask was ripped away to reveal the stony face of Anakin Skywalker. His blue eyes reeled with dozens of unnameable emotions.

?Darth Vader was the Hero With No Fear,? he whispered. ?The man all of you praise so much had become a feared monster.?

Suddenly, the image turned black with a loud bang as a plate was hurled into the ancient holo projector. Her breath short and ragged, Lynah dimly realised that she was standing, and it was her stew that was now dripping onto the clean floor from the holo. Looking at Gaareen?s shocked eyes, the first thought that crossed her mind was the fact that they didn?t have a holo projector anymore.

Wow! And now all hell breaks loose. Isnt it sad when somene takes a wrong turn and everyone suffers for it- especially when others tried to help but the prson wouldnt accept it.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow?

Amazing chapter, CrazyAni! Absolutely stunning ? as always. :)

I loved the scene with Obi-Wan and Anakin, especially the part where they?re telling each other about one another?s Padawan and Master:

?Well, if you resemble my Master as much as I think you do, those ?roars of protest? were screeches worthy of a youngling fresh out of the Temple. And there must have been some funny pirouettes to marvel at. ?

Obi-Wan turned around rapidly, a new, warm sensation rising up from the pit of his stomach. Anakin was looking at him with a faint, almost familiar smile on his lips, but his eyes were wary.

?What happened to your Padawan, sir??

Obi-Wan perched himself cautiously on the edge of Anakin?s bed, clenching his shaking, wet palms together. ?He went? missing for many months. I didn?t think that he could be found again, but, recently there?s been rumours circling around that he might have come back.?

?Do you believe them??

And this:

?What happened to your former Master??

Anakin?s mouth trembled slightly. ?I?m looking at him,? he said quietly. ?It?s good to see you again, Master.?

*sniff*

Beautiful. Actually, I don?t have much more to say than that. Obi-Wan and Anakin are so perfectly characterized in this chapter?

I also loved the reaction of the Gaareen and his family to the appearance of Anakin/Vader on the HoloNet. Very realistic and sad.

Lynah felt a strange, cold smirk contort her features. ?I hope they burn him.?

It?s almost heartwrenching for us readers to see a character we love so much give himself up to a Galaxy that would much rather see him dead than alive. I?m not sure if the people of the Galaxy will ever forgive him, but there is a chance. There is hope. After all, Gaareen can already see that he isn?t completely a monster.

?There is only one more thing I want to tell you?and that is my identity.? The gloved hand reached to the end of the mask. ?You deserve to know the name of the villain who had brought so much pain and destruction to the Galaxy.?

The mask was ripped away to reveal the stony face of Anakin Skywalker. His blue eyes reeled with dozens of unnameable emotions.

Suddenly, the image turned black with a loud bang as a plate was hurled into the ancient holo projector. Her breath short and ragged, Lynah dimly realised that she was standing, and it was her stew that was now dripping onto the clean floor from the holo. Looking at Gaareen?s shocked eyes, the first thought that crossed her mind was the fact that they didn?t have a holo projector anymore.

She was too shaken to admit that her world crumpled, and all justice was wiped away by that shocking revelation. The mourning night, thick with her misery, seemed to howl in her suddenly fogged head.

This is my favourite part of this chapter ? even though I love all of it.

Beautiful chapter! =D=

20. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Its great to have you back CrazyAni! I am pleased that Anakin has owned up to what he did but I do hope that he will be allowed some happiness eventually, for Luke and Leia's sake if nothing else.

Thanks for another great chapter, I'm looking forward to the next one.

21. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Wonderful post, I'm so glad you updated. I hope the next update is soon, I really want to find out what happens next.

22. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I really like the talks between Padme and Anakin and Obi-Wan and Anakin. They helped shape his decisions and his life, and now welcome him back, even with his past.

The final decision he made, I feel, was the best and only option available for him. He couldn't stand to live his life as a lie, any more than he could stand to live as Vader. By acknowledging his past, he sets in motion the final healing of the galaxy. I'm happy Luke understood his decision- it's one he would have done. Like father, like son.

23. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    Love the story! :)

Although, I really wonder what's coming next as Anakin's probably stuck in prison (for life?!) - that really doesn't provide much to write about... [face_thinking]

24. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Wonderful, wonderful story. I've read the whole thing in about two days, ignoring the fact that I should be working on a paper. But I couldn't stop reading...

Anakin did the right thing, turning himself over to the justice of the galaxy. It was the only way he could live with himself. He hated lies, and he couldn't live one, pretending that nothing had happened and that he had only been kept in a cell for a year. He knows that he deserves the punishment the galaxy will give him, and he will accept it, no matter what his family thinks. He is truly redeemed.

Could I please be on the PM list? And you mentioned quite a while ago about a PM Bail-Leia conversation. If you still have it, I'd love to read it.

Brilliant job! =D=

25. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    My apologies for taking so long, CA--it has been a busy time for me lately, and I'm sorry about that.

This was a beautiful post with all its wonderful melancholy. I really appreciate how Anakin has chosen to atone for his crimes, and I especially loved seeing that you told that part from a random character's point of view since he affected them most. I loved that you showed that he didn't just affect those around him, but a lot of other people as well. I really liked seeing Luke help Anakin decide what to do. Beautiful, poetic language, too, of course. A beautiful, mournful post before what I'm sure will be a very hard time for Anakin.

Much =D=, CA--so happy to see you back, and so glad to see you come back with such a tour de force of language. I hope that things continue to go well for you so I can enjoy more of Anakin's next steps. Absolutely lovely.

(And I'm sorry for sounding so tired... because I am. [face_blush])

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.