main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hello, everyone!:)

I've posted the beta-ed version of Chapter 5.

My Master, God bless her, has finished beta-ing Chapter 6, and I decided to post it immediately!

Thank you all for reading! [:D] I hope you'll like the way the things were resolved!

Enjoy!:)

Chapter Six

Many Conversations

After some discussion with Dex, they got a cosy table with a nice view to the city. The countless high towers and vehicles flying in every direction were a fascinating sight. Luke looked longingly at the violet speeder whooshing with breathtaking speed past the window. He was a good pilot and loved flying; it was in his blood. How much would he like to jump into a speeder and make some pirouettes in Coruscant sky?

?Do you like flying?? a voice asked Luke. He turned away from the window and saw Anakin looking at him. He smiled slightly at the bewildered look on Luke?s face. ?I noticed you staring out of the window. If you want, we could take some speeders and fly a bit.?

Luke nodded eagerly. That?s what he had always dreamt about since old Ben first told him that his father was an excellent pilot. He threw a look at the table. The food looked absolutely delicious. He took a bit from everything and started eating.

?Luke, Leia, where do you come from?? inquired Obi-Wan politely, taking a serving of some meat. Leia threw Luke a look that said plainly ?you talk?.

?Well, I come from Tatooine and Leia grew up on Alderaan,? he blurted out. Leia gave him a sarcastic well-done-look, Obi-Wan?s eyebrows seemed to melt with his hair, and Anakin choked on his juice. Luke could have slapped himself. The two Jedi spoke up simultaneously:

?You are from Tatooine??

?Why did you grow up separately??

Well done, Lukey. How am I supposed to clean up this mess now?

?Well, you see,? started Luke, but Leia cut in. ?Our parents separated and returned to their representative home planets. I grew up with my mother, and Luke was raised by our father?

Obi-Wan seemed to buy this, but Anakin looked incredulous for a moment, then shrugged and took a sip of his drink.

?Where from Tatooine do you come from??

Say something!

?My father had a moisture farm on the other side of Mos Eisley,? he said without thinking. Leia rolled her eyes. Luckily, no one noticed this, as both his father and Obi-Wan looked at Luke with an expression of utter surprise on their faces. Luke could have slapped himself again.

?I grew up on Tatooine too, but I?ve never heard of any Solos,? said Anakin frowning.

?Oh, we don?t come from that side of Mos Eisley, we lived on another side of it. I worked on the farm in my childhood, but my father died about a year ago, so I decided to visit Leia? Luke invented wildly. ?So I took a transport and got to Alderaan.?

?I see,? said Anakin slowly, still a bit suspicious about ?the other other side of Mos Eisley? part, but curiosity took over and he listened closely to Luke?s tale.

?So he found me and we decided to explore the galaxy a bit, for we had never left our home planets and haven?t seen each other in over a decade,? Leia added, using her politician abilities. She took a sip of Corellian whiskey; Han always told her that it gave courage.

?Didn?t you want to spend some time with your mother?? asked Obi-Wan, trying to cut off a small piece of over-done meat.

Leia threw her twin brother a look that plainly begged him not to say anything stupid.

?I would love to, but unfortunately she died over a year ago,? he blurted out, before he could stop himself. Leia sighed and shook her head in a very weary gesture. Resisting the strong urge to slap himself again, Luke attacked the meat instead. Unfortunately, he was a bit over-enthusiastic, so the piece he was trying to cut off flew off of his plate and smacked Obi-Wan on forehead.

?What a sad coincidence,? murmured Anakin. ?That must have been a true love.?

Obi-Wan looked at him sharply, rubbing his forehead, but Luke could tell that he didn?t believe him either.

?By the way, Luke, why are you wearing a lightsaber?? a

2. ani-eyes

ani-eyes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2006
    Woo another chapter!!! Great one too :D! Looks like Anakins been busted! Can't wait til he finds out!

Thanks for PM! Update soon [face_praying]

3. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    *whew* everything is out in the open (at least with Obi-Wan :D )

I like how Leia was the one defending Anakin, even though she doesn't want to like him.

now what kind of story will Obi-Wan come up with for them? [face_thinking]

great update!

jcs

4. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    i'm glad you finally decided to update the story!!! i love this story and am interested in where its going!! could you please add me to your PM list??

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Loving it, loving it, I?m glad that they told Obi- Wan the truth and I agree that they shouldn?t tell Anakin.

This was great, they finally had the talk, not ?the talk? but the talk about there past. *caught* ;) [face_blush] [face_laugh]

Thanx for the pm[:D] and update soon[face_praying] .

6. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Great update!! =D=

Luke and Leia finally told the truth to Obi-Wan. Frankly,
    I don't know how Anakin will handle it even if he finds out.
    I hope Obi-Wan can help them change the future.

Are we going to get some A/P mush in the next chapter? I hope so. [face_praying]

7. Padmeshandmaiden

Padmeshandmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    Fabulous! I believe that Leia might be starting to see Anakin as who he was instead of what he became. Knowing Padme though she will make the connection when they meet face to face. I hope that Leia understands what they are perhaps there to do. For if Anakin knew the truth and what will happen i very seriously doubt that he would take Palpatine's offer. More Please!

8. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    great story please add me to ur PM list!

9. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Good chapter. I'm surprised they spilled their guts out so soon... but I'm not surprised it was to Obi-wan.

10. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Um, CrazyAni, i think you forgot something

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Intriguing update, my niece! What to do, what to do, now that Obi-Wan has the information he needed. I wonder how he will find out who Luke and Leia's mother is... It will be exciting! So many questions... and a lovely cliffie! *cheers for the cliffie* Great job, as usual! =D=

By the way... lol, Star_Drifter. I suppose that makes you my Sith... aunt. A certain obsession with cliffhangers runs in our family... Ani-maniac has it, I have it... and now CrazyAni has it... [face_laugh]

Yeah, I'm the weird one. I know it.

12. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    ?I grew up on Tatooine too, but I?ve never heard of any Solos,? said Anakin frowning.

?Oh, we don?t come from that side of Mos Eisley, we lived on another side of it. I worked on the farm in my childhood, but my father died about a year ago, so I decided to visit Leia? Luke invented wildly. ?So I took a transport and got to Alderaan.?

And how would Luke know that Anakin was from the other side of the Mos Eisley? :p

Oh, sure Luke went to Alderaan to visit Leia, only when he got there Alderaan had decided to die too. :p It was a bad year.

Lukie, you're suck a bad liar. Why did Leia ever let you open your mouth?[face_shame_on_you]

I'm surprized that Obi-wans first response to their story wasn't- you're craaaaazy. Or 'Haven't you noticed your supposed dad is your age? Come on feed me a more belieable story!'

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, Luke is a lousy liar. Obi-Wan is much better at it...I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Poor Obi-Wan, now that he knows, he will be tortured with images he'd rather not see. [face_laugh]

14. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You write very well, my apprentice. The Jedi will be no match for you. ;)

Somehow, the loss of the freedom in Galaxy, the reign of the Sith ? that he could live with. But the fact that his former apprentice, the man he loved like a brother would become the very thing he swore to destroy, that they would fight twice ? it was a nightmare coming true. Not that Obi-Wan would imagine that in his wildest dreams.

I love the fact that for Obi-Wan can accept that the rest of the galaxy will fall, but that he can't imagine Anakin falling. It really shows how much he cares about Anakin, and how much he wants to believe in Anakin's goodness.

Obi-Wan sighed, trying not to think of what his former apprentice was doing at the moment. He prayed with all his might that he was meditating or searching junk piles for missing droid parts. However, the first one wasn?t characteristic for Anakin at all, and Anakin the Jedi Knight wasn?t looking for spare droid parts in junk piles. Besides, he had more exciting things to do, things Obi-Wan preferred not to think of.

I think this may be the first time Obi-Wan has hoped that Anakin is looking for droid parts on in the Coruscant under-city.

Amazing work as always!

*bows*

Ani-maniac

And Luna_Nightshade:

By the way... lol, Star_Drifter. I suppose that makes you my Sith... aunt. A certain obsession with cliffhangers runs in our family... Ani-maniac has it, I have it... and now CrazyAni has it...

[face_laugh] Yes, it runs strong in our family indeed. :D

15. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Looks like Leia's feelings are starting to soften towards her father. She absent mindedly defended him and that's a start.
    Luke:oops: . Open mouth, insert foot...good thing Leia's the politician;) .
    I'm glad that Obi-wan was able to learn about what happens because now he can change things(try to change things) for the better.
    Great update! Thanks for the PM!

16. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Wonderful chapter. Wow....I really didn't expect Obi-wan to find out who Luke and Leia really are yet....but at least that's out of the way. Hmmm.....how long until Leia or Luke get to spend some time with their mother and really get to know her? I know, I know....it will come eventually, but hey, I'm impatient! :p Yeah, I'll bet we all know how Anakin and Padme spent their night. [face_blush]

17. zozobozo

zozobozo Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    Great chapter :D

Poor Obi-Wan having to carry that kind of information around [face_laugh] ah who am I kidding

[face_laugh] SUCKER [face_laugh]

Looking forward to the next great instalment of change of fate

Zozobozo [face_peace]

18. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    yey another great chapter.

Well now Obi-Wan knows I wonder how long they are going to make it before Anakin finds out as well!!

Thanks again for a great chapter CrazyAni [:D]

19. KnightAayla

KnightAayla Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006

Great update. I'm glad that Luke told Obi-Wan the truth. Can't wait to see how this unfolds. :)

~JEM~

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Finally Obi knows the truth. Please add me to the pm list.

21. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Good! Obi-Wan's going to help! Yay!!

:p

-DS

22. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Very interesting fic you have hear. Not a real fan of the Prequels, but you write Anakin and Obi-wan so well, good job. Just...don't make Mace a jerk.

Leia should be explained the nature of the Dark Side: on how it can turn the most kind hearted and caring person into a monster, molding him or her to something that the person can't even percieve. Oh, and the New Republic wasn't formerly founded until after the Truce at Bakura, which was a year after the Battle of Endor.

23. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    ?The Jedi Codex forbids having children. The way Anakin is behaving now, it won?t take long before you are born.?

Leia snorted. Obi-Wan threw her a sharp look, then continued.

?We should think of an alternative story, because the one you tried to sell us today won?t work. But let?s do it in the morning before the meeting. We will have time, because Anakin will be probably late again,? Obi-Wan sighed, trying not to think of what his former apprentice was doing at the moment. He prayed with all his might that he was meditating or searching junk piles for missing droid parts. However, the first one wasn?t characteristic for Anakin at all, and Anakin the Jedi Knight wasn?t looking for spare droid parts in junk piles. Besides, he had more exciting things to do, things Obi-Wan preferred not to think of.

Thats what I am talking about!!!

Nice.

24. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great Luke was finally able to spill his guts to Obi-Wan. Leia seemed to have been pretty quiet during the exchange though. Is it because she's still trying to hide her resentment for her father?

25. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Well. You've done it this time Luke. You are defenitly your father's son, huh?

Wouldn't be dandy if Padme...yeah. This night!

I'd like to seee Luke and Anakin going on a rampage through the Coruscant skies!

Waiting egerly for next post! Will it be up in four days?

Cheers_Cazza@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.