main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Maeyane

Jedi_Maeyane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Wow

What a choice to have to make.

I hope his atonement can help the galaxy heal but still spare our characters!

Eager for more!

2. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Ocelotl_Nesto: Hello! Yes, I agree with you. Simply picking up the old life as if nothing had happened wouldn?t be right, and consequences must be suffered. Anakin knows that as well. Now, it?s up to the Galaxy to determine the punishment for the man who had tortured all of them so much? I hope you?ll like the way it ends. Thank you so much for reading!

Yoda_i-am: Hi, there! Thank you so much?I?m so glad that you enjoyed this slightly chaotic post! I hope that the next one won?t disappoint you as well. Thanks a million for reading!

SuperSaiyaMan12: Good evening, my friend. No, the Republic isn?t wholly back yet, it?s still in the stage of reconstruction. But it?s not much longer left till it?s back in action. As always, thank you for reading!

Anakins_Kiss: [face_blush] How do you do it? Each single review of yours makes me blush scarlet?you actually make me feel like I can write. I?m thrilled and astonished that you continue to like this story, and I hope that I won?t disappoint you. Thank you so much for reading!

Veloz: Hi! Oh, I?m so glad that you loved the Anakin/Obi-Wan reunion?it has been very demanding to write, and I ended up with three different drafts? It?s a huge relief for me to know that you loved it. Yes, Anakin decided to embrace his punishment?he simply couldn?t pick up his old life as if nothing had happened? I hope you?ll like the way everything turns out for our characters. Thank you so much for reading, and for your wonderful, wonderful review! I couldn?t wipe the grin from my face after reading it for a long time?

Star_Angel: Hello, dear Erica! I hope you don?t mind that you used your real name here? I?ll edit it if you do. Yes, Anakin?s behaviour certainly deserves some credit. He chose the hard way out instead of simply picking up his old life again. I hope that you?ll be satisfied with the way I decided to resolve things. Thank you so much for reading, and for not forgetting this piece of writing!

Darth_Kripp: Hello! Oh yes, I bet that the stew was quite delicious. :D Indeed, Anakin was given a choice between right and easy, and according to my moral code he chose the right way?accepting who he had been, wishing to atone for his sins, denying the lies? I hope you?ll like the way things will be resolved. As always, thank you so much for reading!

randomangel22: Good evening, my dear! Or is it early morning in your time? :p Aww, thank you so much?I?m so very relieved and thrilled that you seemed to like this chapter. It was very demanding to write. I think, too, that it was brave of Anakin to own up to what he had done. According to my moral code, it was the right thing to do. Thanks a million for reading!

Talon_Kenobi: I loved Anakin/Obi-Wan banter, and I was so depressed when my muse ordered me to end their friendship. I was glad to be able to write them again, and I?m so thrilled that you liked it! Oh yes, now the Galaxy will decide. I hope you?ll be satisfied with the way everything will be resolved. Thanks a lot for reading!

JediMasterJessica: :eek: Wow! And you?ve read the whole thing? Wow again. I?m glad that you liked the Anakin/Obi-Wan conversation?it has been very demanding to write? Of course, I?d be happy to PM you!

Dooku-Darklighter: Hello, my dear! I hope that DRL is better on you now! [:D] Thank you so much for still coming here?makes me feel terrible that I?ve been neglecting UF for so long. I?ll try to get to it soon. I?m so glad that you liked this chapter, and the positive feedback coming from the writer of your calibre is even more flattering to hear. Yes, Anakin had chosen to embrace his punishment? According to my moral code, it was the right thing to do. However, like you, I think he deserves mercy. I hope you?ll like the way the story will end. Thank you so very much for reading, my friend!

darth_eowyn: Hi! I do agree with you to some extent?being punished passively by rotting in a cell won?t make things better. Anakin nee

3. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Note: Anakin's trial has been left out of this story.

I vaguely remember taking a law class when I used to be a happy and undisturbed school student in my days of youth... But since that class mysteriously collided with my sleeping times, I was really bad at at. So, I spared the embarassemnt of writing a fully-fledged trial - believe me, it's best for all of us. I hope you understand...

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy. @};-

Chapter Forty-Three

Conviction

Ten days later?

The sun shone brightly over the marbled floor of the court room. The thick veil of dead silence blanketed the area as every eye was focused on the man standing rigidly in the defendant?s box.

Clasping his trembling, wet hands, Luke could almost see through the Force millions of being across the galaxy freeze before their holo projectors, eagerly catching every word.

The judge pierced Anakin with an unwavering stare with her velvet eyes. ?Anakin Skywalker, you have been charged with crimes across the Galaxy, among them being the annihilation of the Jedi Order and multiple orders of death committed both against the Republic, the Rebellion and the Empire you served. The arguments of the defenders and arguments of your accusers have been heard. The Court is hereby ready to render its decision. Are you prepared to accept the decision of the Court??

The sound of a quiet cough resounded hollowly in the huge silence.

Anakin bowed his head wearily, yet the movement was surged with dignity. ?Yes, your Honour.?

The tension was so thick that Luke could almost lift it in his hands. He cast a surreptitious glance at Padmé.

His mother sat with her hands clenched tightly in her lap to stop them from trembling. Beads of perspiration glistened on her forehead, and her eyes were wide with anxiety. Terror. Pain.

?The Court finds you? ?

Father?s silhouette was perfectly still like one of a statue. The silence intensified even more so that it was a nearly ringing, screaming buzz in Luke?s ears. On his left, Leia sucked a deep breath, the unnatural whiteness of her knuckles a sharp contrast to the darkness of the witnesses? box.

The Galaxy waited?

?? innocent.?

The word hung in the air for an agonisingly long second before spreading out in ripples all over the universe.

People shifted in their seats, and there must have been whispers all over the room, but no single word was uttered where Anakin?s family sat. The conviction had come to them like running into a solid but invisible wall? and was determined to stay there.

The rigidness of Anakin?s stance broke, and he squirmed slightly, dazedly as the bright sun gleams shifted on his head.

A ghost of a smile passed over the judge?s light blue face. ?Anakin Skywalker, you have been found free of all charges.?

It was only now that the truth found Luke with such force that he struggled to keep from falling over. As he glanced at his mother and sister, it struck Luke?s mind that he had never before appreciated how beautiful his mother?s smile could be.

Death was to be punished with death?such was the guideline that had always been followed in each trial Bail Organa had ever participated in. In some rare cases, the murderers had been granted the mercy of a life sentence. Such were the laws, because a second chance seemed impossible for someone who could take away something as pure and precious as another life.

The trial had been a week full of endless debates. There had been screams of accusations from the people whose families had been destroyed by the Empire, yet there were pleas for acquittal from those saved by Anakin during the Clone Wars. These past few weeks would stay forever in Bail?s memory as marred by mass confusion, sheer hatred and desperation.

Anakin Skywalker had been found innocent? but it had been a tight decision. Only one more vote?and the man would have rotted for the rest of his life in prison.

During the final vote, Bail had been confused?was it right to convict

4. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Good post. But indeed, what of the new future, if there is one? Now, more than ever, it is in motion!
    I thought about something during my reading: why wouldn't Anakin visit Dagobah and the famous Cave? [face_thinking]
    In any case, beautiful post.

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I?m glad to see that they decided to free Anakin, even if he doesn?t feel like he deserve it, he have been through a lot but both Yoda and Obi-Wan were right. I loved the banter between Anakin, Obi-Wan and Luke, really hilarious, and I do hope that Luke will find his girl, and who knows, maybe this time she won?t be the Emperor?s hand sent out to kill him, but I must say that I do hope that she will have her attitude left because she wouldn?t be Mara without it...if Mara would be her name that is?and now I?m confusing even myself (not that it?s very hard). Fantastic update my friend. I loved it.

6. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    [face_worried] I was sitting at my computer biting my nails wondering what the verdict would be :p.

I expected that Anakin would be free because he was sorry and its good that many people were able to see that =D=.

Loved the reference to Mara Jade [face_laugh], don't worry Luke you'll be meeting your red hair, green eyed lady love very soon me thinks :p.

Great post =D=!

7. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    That's sweet, and very cute that Luke is imagining his "Mara" already.

And what a good deal for Anakin-return from the dark side, be rendered innocent, and get a promotion :D Turning back to the light never looked so good.

Was evil capable of loving? A half-smile on his lips, Bail watched the passionate reunion of the two lovers, and knew that it wasn?t?not to this magnitude. And if it could know love, then it wasn?t evil anymore.

Good point [face_love]

I loved the last paragraph too. Is that the end, or is there a final part where Luke and Leia transport back?

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Yay! and update [face_dancing]

Dont worry, i dont think that we needed to live thru the trial.... we more than know all that Anakin did ;) so i say it's cool :D

Incredible that they found him innocent, but i'm not surprised ;) ... the real issue is will Anakin be able to live with himself? that's tougher than a guilty veredict imo: Sometimes a second chance is a much worse punishment than prison, and death penalty is a mercy compared to the lifelong atonement. As happy as Anakin was at being able to live with his family again, a part of him wished that his freedom had been taken from him, and he could be safely hidden from the sheer hatred of millions. ... exactly =D=

?Forgiveness lies in the nature of the Jedi,? Obi-Wan added quietly. ?Everyone deserves a second chance. And you must forgive yourself, Anakin. Forgive? but do not forget.?
    Wise words Obi, wise words =D=

?I am very honoured and touched, Masters,? Anakin said at last, bowing. ?Yet? I cannot accept this position.?
    :eek: well seems this experience has made Anakin more mature... at least he knows his limitations, and can admit when he isnt ready...that's a very good thing :D

?I?d have loved to see Master Yoda with the children in the swamp,? Anakin muttered, watching the little green Master depart. ?I?m sure they gave him a hard time.?

Obi-Wan smiled his wrinkle-eyed smile. ?But he didn?t have to do look after your children. I think he had a calm, quiet, mosquito-free time.?

Anakin laughed. ?I think my children grew quite attached to Uncle Obi. I?m sure they?d love to have you around while their father and mother are busy saving the galaxy.?

Luke smirked. ?Little Leia and my other self spent a good time with him expect for when he tried to sing us to sleep.?

Anakin cringed. ?My poor children?I might want to ask Master Yoda to baby sit my third child.?

?How many children are you planning to have?? Obi-Wan asked suspiciously, paling slightly.

Anakin shrugged, trying to maintain serious expression. ?I haven?t thought about it yet. Maybe, five or six? We need more Jedi.?

Obi-Wan seemed to sway slightly. ?Six Skywalkers,? he moaned. ?You are taking your responsibilities seriously. Anakin, we need real Jedi, not some? insane creatures!?

Luke mouthed ?insane creatures?, resisting a smirk. ?Speaking of children,? he said amiably. ?Obi-Wan, I think you?ll still be in relatively good shape to take care of my children.?

Oh dear :oops: [face_laugh] if Obi Wan is going to have the job of babysitting Skywalker children, he will go VERY grey sooner than later [face_laugh]

?You should find a right mother for them first,? Anakin said with mock sternness, ignoring Obi-Wan?s face which now started resembling Yoda?s in its colour. ?Someone who has a good sense of humour and? some temper. We wouldn?t want Obi-Wan to fall asleep with a baby tugging at his beard. How about someone with? flaming red hair and grey eyes??

Luke blushed. ?Green eyes,? he corrected shyly. ?Red hair and green eyes are always a trademark of someone-?

?Hot-tempered?? Obi-Wan finished for him, his eyes narrowed.

Luke blushed even more. ?No. Someone? beautiful,? he whispered.

Mara, Mara [face_laugh] hot tempered indeed :p

Anakin laughed quietly, looking from the red-faced Luke to an even greener faced Obi-Wan. ?All right, Master. So, in about? twenty-five years you?ll be cradling a baby with blonde hair and green eyes. Or red hair and blue eyes.? He half-smiled at Luke. ?For you, Luke, it?s sooner than twenty years. You?ll return to your own time, meet this woman, get married, and witness Uncle Obi fussing over your offspring.? He paused. ?I hope the future has been changed.?
    [face_laugh] there we go, this should be the ending of ur story right there ;)

Wonderful update, loved it! =D=

Cant wait to read what's next..thanks for the pm :D

9. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, awesome chapter! I loved the end, especially, and think that they made the right decision in letting Anakin go free.

But what of the future? I can't wait to see the next chapter!

jazz

10. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    So, having to live with the reminders of all your crimes is more of a punishment than being locked away in a box for the rest of your life? I never thought of it that way. But, what did you do to Anakin? He wanted Master more than anything! He was a loveable whinning brat, you turned him into a mature man.

So, now comes the question: if and when Luke and Leia do go back to the future, will they're minds be changed? Will they still have the same memories of their first lives (the one where they were separated) or of their new lives (where the babies live with Padme and Anakin). And if it is their new lives, what will become of Han Solo?

I know I am getting philosophical but I just had a thought, you don't have to answer. It is called a paradox for a reason. :cool:

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

11. DarthWendy

DarthWendy Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2007
    Sometimes a second chance is a much worse punishment than prison, and death penalty is a mercy compared to the lifelong atonement.

This is true in Anakin's case. But I think everyone deserves a second chance if they will actually change. Hate gets you nowhere.

This was a wonderful post. Many interesting descriptions.

Well, I'm curious about when you are bringing Luke 'n Leia back to their own time.
    :)
    This story keeps getting better.

12. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    ?The Court finds you? ?
    Father?s silhouette was perfectly still like one of a statue. The silence intensified even more so that it was a nearly ringing, screaming buzz in Luke?s ears. On his left, Leia sucked a deep breath, the unnatural whiteness of her knuckles a sharp contrast to the darkness of the witnesses? box.
    The Galaxy waited?
    ?? innocent.?
    I literally gasped aloud here. I didn't expect it, but I had hoped.

It was only now that the truth found Luke with such force that he struggled to keep from falling over. As he glanced at his mother and sister, it struck Luke?s mind that he had never before appreciated how beautiful his mother?s smile could be. Wonderful imagery.

As he walked down the dimly lit corridor of the Detention Block to release Anakin from his cell, Bail couldn?t help but think that freedom was the worst punishment Darth Vader could receive. If Anakin had truly come back?and the more he saw of this man on the trial, the more persuaded Bail grew of this conviction?the punishment the former Sith had placed upon himself was much more severe than anyone could ever give him. Would Anakin ever be able to experience true happiness again, to be able to play with his own children and know that hundreds of children across the stars had lost their parents because of him? Exactly.

Atonement was the only chance to clear his name and earn forgiveness. However, there was a small part of him that wished for an easy way out, a quicker and less painful way. It was the part of him that wished more than anything to bury himself in Padmé?s loving arms and bask in illusion that Darth Vader had never existed. That piece of him wanted to stand atop the highest tower and scream his pleas for forgiveness into the winnowing wind. He wanted people to leave him alone and to stop hating him with the venomous, sharp spikes they sent through the Force, and the ache was nearly physical. The hate will never stop, and he knows it.

?Know both sides of the Force you do, young Skywalker,? Yoda said solemnly. ?Much wisdom you have now. A valuable asset to the Order you are. Teach the younglings much, you can. Henceforth? grant you the rank of a Master the Council does.? What?!

?Forgiveness lies in the nature of the Jedi,? Obi-Wan added quietly. ?Everyone deserves a second chance. And you must forgive yourself, Anakin. Forgive? but do not forget.? True.

Anakin pursed his lips. ?I? I?m just not ready for it,? he said truthfully. ?Masters, everything I?d done as Darth Vader is still too raw, too fresh. I was executing death orders only a month ago. It is too soon. How can I be a Master if I haven?t forgiven myself yet?? He paused. ?And? I don?t think I even want this rank.? Smart man.

They're changing the Order! They're changing the Order!

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Love is dangerous? but the Jedi have been hiding from it for far too long.? *nods frantically*

Obi-Wan smiled his wrinkle-eyed smile. ?But he didn?t have to do look after your children. I think he had a calm, quiet, mosquito-free time.? Oh, given they were Jedi younglings, I wouldn't doubt it. But children will be children...

Obi-Wan seemed to sway slightly. ?Six Skywalkers,? he moaned. ?You are taking your responsibilities seriously. Anakin, we need real Jedi, not some? insane creatures!? [face_laugh]

Luke mouthed ?insane creatures?, resisting a smirk. ?Speaking of children,? he said amiably. ?Obi-Wan, I think you?ll still be in relatively good shape to take care of my children.? Now who's being cruel?

?You should find a right mother for them first,? Anakin said with mock sternness, ignoring Obi-Wan?s face which now started resembling Yoda?s in its colour. ?Someone who has a good sense of humour and? some temper. We wouldn?t want Obi-Wan to fall asleep with a baby tugging at his beard. How about someone with? flaming red hair and grey eyes?? [face_laugh] Wrong color eyes, though.

Luke blushed. ?Green eyes,? he corrected shyly. ?Red hair and green eyes are always a tradem

13. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Awesome awesome awesome! Must have more, a very subtle tone there, but absolutely perfect! Congrats!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Though I'd hate to see this end I can't wait to see what hahppens when Luke and Leia return to there time.

Great chapter!!!

15. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Very well done, I'm glad to see that Anakin was found innocent and that he has grown up through this whole situation. By not excepting the councils offer of being a Master shows that he still has to cope with everything that has happened, and he needs time to figure things out. Loved the banter between the three of them at the end- it made me laugh. Can't wait to see how everything comes about with Luke and Leia returning to their own time.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, my friend! [:D] *Blushes* Thanks for the compliment and encouragement...Yes, RL is now relatively calm except for an uneasy belly. I respect and congratulate your choices in this chapter. Ani was granted forgiveness but must always live with the memories. However, that's not totally negative. His experiences have granted him understanding, empathy, maturity, and humbleness...bought at a high but irreplaceable price, indeed!

CoF has been quite the experience. I only hope UF is as interesting and challenging for you as a reader as CoF has been for me. Thanks for sharing the journey with me and allowing me to share Steele and Steadfast's with you. :D Looking forward to comments.

17. Mystery_Jedi90

Mystery_Jedi90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2006
    In reality, I had a hard time to see the Court find Anakin innocent because he had done so much wrong and evil. But I guess that he is better outsides the bars and reedeming himself in the face of the galaxy.

Loved the dialogue between Luke, Obi-Wan and Anakin. Always teasing each others are they?;)

Now what will the future? Will it be changed? Or is this just an dream?[face_worried]

18. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    So he's already imagined what Mara Jade will look like in his mind. With Palpatine gone...before the Emperor's Hand could be raised, what will she be?

Nice job with Anakin's verdict and the defense of love. Love is what saved the galaxy from the Sith during the Jedi Civil War. Love is what brought the downfall of the Empire 4004 years later. It is...stupid it shouldn't be banned.

So I'm guessing, only one post left, right?

19. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Chapter 42

Just catching up on reading. The last scene my the couple was awesome. It's great you told it from another point of view. Very intense emotions.

Chapter 43

I loved the last scene. Beautiful!

Great job!

20. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Hi CrazyAni,

I'm finally delurking to say how much I enjoyed Change of Fate. I have a tendency to wait until a story's done or almost done to comment. My favorite line is when Luke says, ?Lying and hiding is never good.?

I find it appropriate and ironic that it's Luke who says that.

Appropriate since that's pretty much all he - and almost everyone else who cares about Anakin - has done throughout the story. The times when I wanted to whack him - and Obi-Wan, and Leia, and...oh, never mind - over the head for continuing to lie and hide when they know the damage it's doing.

Ironic because he doesn't grasp the truth of that statement until it's too late - it takes his and Leia's baby selves to bring Anakin back from Vader. And it's because they love and trust Anakin - something no one else has done. Everyone else keeps saying that they love him, but their actions show that they don't trust him. And given how trust is so important to Anakin, is it any surprise that Luke and the others failed to keep him from going to the Dark Side?

Interesting resolution, but I'm wondering why the verdict is "innocent" instead of "not guilty." Innocent Anakin isn't - he knew he was doing wrong. Not guilty would be closer to the mark, I think, since the blame for Anakin's fall isn't entirely his, given the pressures brought to bear on him.

Wonderful story, CrazyAni. =D= I'll be sorry to see it end, but I'm also curious as to the ending. I don't suppose you could offer a hint or two? ;)

21. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great chapter CrazyAni. I can't wait to see how it all works when Luke and Leia get back to their own time!

Thanks again, looking forward to the next.

22. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Luke and Mara...I guess it is in the Stars. And if nothing happens, the order should be huge by the time Luke returns home, probably to help lead it too. I also hope the future hasn't changed this much with no Han or Chewie or Wedge and things like that.

23. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Yoda tapped his gimmer stick on the marble floor. ?A true Jedi have you become, young Skywalker. Defeat the Dark Side in yourself, you did. Much from you to learn, we all have.?

?Forgiveness lies in the nature of the Jedi,? Obi-Wan added quietly. ?Everyone deserves a second chance. And you must forgive yourself, Anakin. Forgive? but do not forget.?

Anakin was humble to turn down the rank something he ouldnt have just a few years before. Are e going to see how this Change in Fate resulted in the grown up Luke's time?

24. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Thank you for the PM. Great chapter.

Good for Anakin to realize that he's not ready to be a Master yet. I think it will take him a while to feel ready for that position.

I like that the Jedi didn't take the easy way and just allow love and attachments, but they didn't completely ban it either. Love can be difficult and complicated, but at least they will be able to discuss it and help each other.

I'm getting anxious to know what's going on in Luke and Leia's real time. How have things changed? Will Han still be around? Could Siri perhapse have survived in hiding? Hint hint...[face_batting] Obi-wan's gotta help build up the order too, you know. :D That red-haired, green eyed girl (Mara) had to have been the offspring of certain Jedi parents, right?...

25. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    great update, now we get to see what has and has not changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.