main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I finally managed to sneak in here to post a nice reply to your latest update- DRL has relented and I am clear-minded for once (and in not such a snarky attitude;) ).

Firstly, I love how you?re tying this all together in the end- and I know that cannot be an easy feat after 100 pages! (terrific landmark, by the way!)=D=

I liked Bail?s ruminations on the trial and his own decision to declare Anakin innocent- it would do too much harm to Padmé to do otherwise.

What an interesting way of punishment? making him feel the same suffocation that he?d inflicted upon his victims! :eek:

A slight smile touched Anakin?s face, pale in the feeble light. ?I know.?

I loved that quote and this one:

Yet as he saw Padmé run to embrace Anakin as they emerged from the detention block, Bail hoped with a fierce resolve that Darth Vader was gone for good. Was evil capable of loving? A half-smile on his lips, Bail watched the passionate reunion of the two lovers, and knew that it wasn?t?not to this magnitude. And if it could know love, then it wasn?t evil anymore.

The last bit was terribly powerful! I?d thought that myself many a time.

I adored the exchange among the Jedi- so much has changed, but it seems that they will be able to move on. The reference to Mara Jade- perfect! I laughed aloud at that- little does he know?[face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Somehow, Anakin knew that this moment was unique, and there would be no such bonding between the three of them until many, many years later.

That part was perfect![face_love]

Oh, and for all you readers, I have seen the last chapters- and they are MIND BLOWING! :eek:

AnakinsFavorite

2. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    I loved the interaction between Anakin, Luke and Obi wan. It gave me a warm feeling. I am happy that Anakin was found innocent. I think when Luke and Leia say goodbye and return to the future, and see how much things have changed I am going to be a basket case. So right now, I am trying to prepare myself for it. You have done a splendid job with this story. This has become one of my all time favorite fics.

3. Erised_Star

Erised_Star Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2006
    When I read the first part of this chapter I got so relieved when Anakin was set free!! I was extremely worried for a while!

Now I'm not sure if I can relax yet though, knowing you that is:p But don't worry, right now I'm throwing cookies at you!![:D]

Wonderful chapter=D==D=I can't wait to see everything starting to wrap up, even though I'm sad to see this end. Thanks for the pm my friend!![:D]

4. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    So uh, how are they getting back?

5. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Thanks for the update. I have always loved this story and have wanted to see it completed. Thanks!!!

6. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    another great post!

7. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    Cool story :cool:
    please add me to the PM list.
    I like how Anakin turned back to the light side before he did too much damage.
    [face_mischief]

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    First of all, I'm sorry for taking so long. I was sucked into the darkness that is final tests. But...

Finals are over! Yes, indeed.

:D

I loved the little banter there at the end between Luke, Obi-Wan, and Anakin perhaps most of all. I really enjoy getting to see them together like that, with a lot of wisdom behind them, but still a deep friendship that you can't shake up anymore. I'm very glad that Anakin will have the opportunity to help fix his mistakes, and especially that he has turned down the rank of Master so quickly. He's matured quite a bit. I also think the idea of having a "Jedi Passion Support Group" will turn out very, very well for the Order in the future and help this from happening again.

Much =D=, Crazy--beautiful writing as always, and I was so happy to finally get to come read it. I can't wait to find out how the future has changed for Luke and Leia--do we get to see Leia talking with Padme first beforehand? That'd be way cool. Loved it as always.

9. darth_eowyn

darth_eowyn Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2007
    End of AP tests! (Or the ones I'm taking, at least). And new update! Happy!!!

Oh no---how is Luke going to meet Mara? At least Leia knows Han exists, so she can look for him when she goes back to the altered future, but Luke hadn't even met Mara yet. PLEASE tell us that you'll fix it somehow. You can't leave Mara out.

10. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Darth_Kripp: Hello! To tell the truth, I never thought about Anakin visiting Dagobah?it just wasn?t necessary to the plot and didn?t fit anywhere? But I like the idea. You?ll find out soon enough about the changed future. Thank you so much for reading!

Star_Angel: Hello, my friend! Oh yes, both Lukes will meet their Maras, but I?m afraid that my story doesn?t have place for Luke?s love story. I?m glad that you enjoyed the banter?I?m horrible at writing anything that involves humour. [face_blush] Thank you for reading!

randomangel22: I?m glad too that Anakin was declared innocent? Although frankly, I have a very hard time seeing something like that happening in the real world?it?s a good thing that we move in the world of fanfiction, right? :p As always, thank you very, very much for reading!

ROTSfan: Well, the things that happened to Anakin in the last chapter were exceptionally unrealistic? but I got fed up with writing dark, more or less reality-orientated stuff. So, well, turning to the dark side in this universe is highly beneficial. There will be one more chapter and an epilogue. Thank you so much for reading!

Veloz: Hello! *squeals* Aww, thank you so much for your wonderful review! I was all warm and gooey when I read it. Yes, the fact that Anakin was found innocent is incredible and very unrealistic in the real world?but who cares about the RL here? Ha-ha?the image of Obi with the Skywalker offspring is hilarious. :D I?m so glad that you liked it, and my pathetic attempts at humour. I hope you?ll like the next chapter as well. As always, thank you so much for reading!

Jazz_Skywalker: Hi! Yes, I think too that they made the right decision?I wouldn?t have fancied Anakin rotting in cell? You?ll see about future soon enough, I promise! Thank you so much for reading!

Darth-Semians: Hi! That?s the thing about fictional characters?they change, mature and develop whereas people in RL stay more or less the same. So, our Anakin isn?t as whiny anymore. You?ll see what changes and what doesn?t soon enough?that chapter will answer all of your philosophical questions. Thank you for reading!

DarthWendy: Yes, I think too that everyone deserves a second chance?at least, in the world of fiction. Luke and Leia are going back soon! I?m so glad that you continue to like it after so many chapters. Thank you for reading, and I hope you continue to enjoy.

Independence1776: Hello! :eek: Wow! Thanks a million for such a wonderful, thorough review! One of a kind that renders me speechless for a long period of time. [face_blush] Well, I can see why you didn?t expect Anakin being found innocent?it?s extremely unlikely in RL, and a realistic part of me was cringing as I was typing that? Not only does he get his life back, but he also gets a promotion! I can see your surprise; so does the relativist in me. But I?m thrilled that you seemed to enjoy the chapter. It was very hard to write, because it wrapped up more than 400 pages of drama and angst. Again, thanks so much for reading and for your amazing feedback! My reply doesn?t do it justice.

Jedi_Master_Cazz: Aww, thank you! Your update is coming now. :D Thanks bunches for reading!

HandmaidenVeme: The ending is near?only one more chapter to go, and you?ll see what happens to Luke and Leia when they return. Thanks a lot for reading!

FitJedi: Hello! Oh yes, Anakin will spend the rest of his life coping with his life as Vader, but eventually, he will manage. Only this story won?t cover the whole atonement process. I?m glad that you liked the banter?I always have a hard time writing light stuff? As always, thank you so much for reading!

Dooku-Darklighter: Hello, my dear! Oh, I hope your health and everything in RL is better now! I?m sorry for being such a bad friend in the later time?my own life has been busy? Back to your review, I?m so glad that you liked the chapter?I fretted over it quite much. Yes, Anakin is a different person now

11. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hello, everyone! I?m sorry for yet another delay. I have no excuses this time?the chapter has been written, beta-ed and ready to post weeks ago? I blame the stupid university as always.

I can literally feel your impatience from here, but this chapter is in the past. *the readers groan* Your questions about the future will be answered in the epilogue, which should be posted very soon after this... or won't, if I give in to my fear. :p

Many thanks for the amazing AnakinsFavorite for proof-reading this chapter! You?d have to read embarrassing gibberish without her.

Thank you so very much for reading and for your support throughout the story! I hope you?ll enjoy the last regular chapter. :)

Chapter Forty Four

The Wish

The new apartment which had been allotted to Padmé by the Senate wasn?t much different than the one Leia had lived in for six months. It was situated in one of the most elegant towers in Republica 500 and had a magnificent view of the Jedi Temple which peeked out from behind the golden veil of the false sun.

Tracing her fingers over the smooth banister of the veranda, Leia imagined the balcony being filled with childish laughter as the tall man would chase after little ones, his wavy blonde hair glinting purple in the rays of the setting sun.

Even though she could understand and honour her father?s decision to be tried, Leia still choked from the cold, nauseating feeling in her stomach which followed every time she thought of another possible outcome of his trial. As noble as his decision had been, it had brought more pain to his family. Anakin would receive the punishment he maybe deserved, but for what Padmé, Obi-Wan and his children being punished?

?Leia,? a quiet voice called from behind her.

?Father,? she replied without turning back.

In a couple of silent steps, he was by her side, and his gloved hand clutched the banister a few inches away from hers.

A silence rose between them and curled around their heads in a wave of wonderful scents from the flower-bed behind them. There were so many things Leia wanted to tell her father?how angry and betrayed she had felt when he had revealed himself as Darth Vader, how worried she had been throughout the trial, and how happy she now was since he?d been found innocent? Yet the words rolled around her tongue, hitting and jumping over each other, but none of them could be uttered. His family had barely found him, and nearly lost him again. If he were to be taken from them once more, the happiness from their too brief reunion would be a much worse pain than not having him come back at all.

?I used to hate you so much,? Leia said, surprising even herself with these bold words. ?Darth Vader brought me so much pain? When I saw you here and learnt who you were, I hated you for the things you hadn?t even done yet, the things you will now never do.? She feigned a smile. ?I was so consumed and blinded by that hatred that I failed to realise that you were not him. I never considered the possibility that, with my hatred that strong, I might turn, too? But through my mother, I eventually learned who you really were, and my hatred was slowly replaced with acceptance, and then turned into love.?

The gentle wind tangled Anakin?s golden locks, blowing them into his face. He stayed silent; his hand clenched around the banister in a trembling fist.

?I wanted to hate you when you turned, but I just couldn?t. And now, when you confessed, a part of me wanted to hate you as well? but I couldn?t.? She glanced up at his clear profile. ?You hurt all of us so much.?

?I?m sorry,? Anakin said quietly. ?But you know I had to confess my sins to the Galaxy.?

Leia nodded weakly. ?I know. You couldn?t live hiding behind another mask.?

?I?ve caused you too much pain? But it is my wish to make it right with your younger self.?

Leia laughed. ?She adores you? like I would have if things have been different.?

Anakin?s eyes seemed to gaze at something light years away. ?She?s the daughter I knew

12. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. So the Epilogue is coming up?

Anakin...damn, you'll like Han.

13. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    Ha! Anakin the classic father.
    So when they go back the future is going to be different right?
    I wonder if they will remember all the things between what happened now and then (That's the problem with time travel, it can get confusing).
    Can't wait for the epilogue!
    =P~

14. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Haha, I can completely see Anakin going nuts over Leia's choice in men.

Ooh, one more chapter left?! I can't wait to see how they've changed the galaxy!

jazz

15. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Oh no only 1 more chapter :_|!?!

Loved how Anakin was trying to convince Leia that Han wasn't the right man for her [face_laugh], that's our Anakin!

And Luke and Leia are finally going home yay [face_dancing]!

Great post!

16. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    I don't know how well Anakin and Han would get along. However, if the future was changed for the twins, things need to be examined: Luke won't be separated and live on Tatooine, making Obi-wan Kenobi a hermit. The droids won't fall into his hands and Han and Chewie won't be in the Cantina to transport them to Alderaan meaning that there won't be a Death Star housing Leia to be executed, then... well you get the picture.

Realisiam aside, this is fanfiction! Not reality and not canon. Do what you want, I will read it like I have been reading all along. Just hurry up will ya?

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

17. zozobozo

zozobozo Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    Um yeh see fan fiction net for my review, sorry I havent been here for awile

Zozobozo [face_peace]

18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    CoF 44:

Nearing the end of this roll-a-coaster, are we? What a journey it?s been! I?ve really enjoyed seeing your growth in the telling of this Tale. I?ve also enjoyed your friendship and encouragement. This was a fine concluding chapter. I eagerly await the Epilogue! [:D]
    Thank you for sharing this with me. I hope school continues to go well for you; yes, I?m now doing fine, thanks for inquiring. I?m looking for Star Wars-like surnames for my current story. Any ideas?
    Don?t feel bad about taking your time with UF. I?d prefer it actually, it?s pretty heavy stuff. I?d love comments when you have time! @};- :D
    Peace be to you,

Dooku [:D]

19. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh I love the protective daddy speech that Anakin is already giving to Leia.. so sweet. Can't wait for the epilogue.

20. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thank you for sharing this with us and as they say, "All good things must come to an end".

I can't wait for the epilogue!!!!!

21. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    Only one more update to go!? Nooooo! :eek::_|;)

I'll be sorry to see this story finished but am also looking forward eagerly to the last chapter to see what happens when the "older" twins return to their time.

Did you send out PM updates this time? If so, I didn't receive one and nearly missed this update! :eek::_|

22. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Welcome back, young Skywalkers!
    Anakin has obviously suffered from the Dark Side. You depicted the traces of it in him. Really nice job!
    As for Leia, well... she will still be Leia, stubborn and clever as usual.

And here's my final question: sequel or no sequel? I tend to think this depends on the galaxy they find when they return.

23. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    They're going home!!! What will be different??? Han will be a completely different person. He might not have had to become a smuggler at all. How will he and Leia have met? And will the New Jedi Order be going strong? Ooh, I can't wait to find out!

I loved this part:

Anakin pursed his lips into a thin line. ?The smuggler Han Solo, who pilots a junk ship and nearly killed my daughter? I?m sure, we would get along well.?

Leia opened her mouth and closed it again as Anakin continued to scrutinise her with slightly narrowed eyes. It was something she hadn?t expected at all.

?He?s a good man, Father,? she managed to say at last.

?No, he?s a scum of society.?

Anakin?s expression was calculating. ?I now know his name,? he said slowly. "That should be enough to trace him? I bet he?s a Corellian.?

Padmé slapped him on the chest. ?Ani,? she scolded him. ?You aren?t going to search the galaxy for the little boy, are you? He might even not be born yet.?

Leia smirked. ?Actually, he ought to be ten or eleven by now.?

Anakin?s eyes widened in surprise. ?He?s ten years older than you?? he choked. ?Leia, this is a large age gap. I think his age adds one more factor to the fact that this Han??the name was gritted through the teeth??is not the right man for you.?

This was so cute and funny. The former Darth Vader gets upset because his future daughter is in love with a smuggler. So ironic!

24. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    ?I?ve caused you too much pain? But it is my wish to make it right with your younger self.?

Leia laughed. ?She adores you? like I would have if things have been different.?

Awwww...sweet and sad at the same time! :_|

So they spoke to the Force and now they're finally going back. Funny that Anakin was so critical of Han, but very fatherly, too. And it was motherly of Padme to intervene and talk him down. I think the Force spoke to them too of the twins imminent return when they said goodbye to Leia. Based on what they told her, it indicates they knew it would be the last time in that reality they would see her.

25. Erised_Star

Erised_Star Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2006
    wow, only the epilogue left?:eek: Will we get some kind of A/P closure as well? Because I don't think we've seen the two of them really talk since Anakin turned back.

Amazing chapter though =D= I loved the Ani/Leia talk!! Anakin being suspicious about Han, this is exactly how it should have been!!:)

Thanks for the pm my friend![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.