main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Anakin. His name is Anakin.?

And then, Leia saw the blue figures of her father, Obi-Wan? and her mother standing in the middle of the room, watching the Solo family with slight smiles on their faces. Her parents smiled at her?forever young, beautiful and together. Leia smiled back at them, too moved to speak.

Following her gaze, Han turned around, and his jaw dropped?he could see the ghosts as well? The visitors from the afterlife and the Solo family simply looked at each other while the golden bond of affection and love stretched between them as the present and past became one under the quiet murmur of the Force.

I was like No you cant have it end that way when we found out thier trip to the past wasnt changed. But then you rounded out nicely with this. The ciricle is complete.

Wonderful job thank you so much for this lovely story it has been a true pleasure!

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Last chapter. Last post.

I'm so sorry I'm late in commenting. Anyways, those last chapters made me grin and then the epilogue made me cry, a little bit.But only a little. I really do like how you ended this marvelous, wonderful fic, Elena. Having Luke and Leia realize that they were really just sent to a parallel universe was a unique twist that I wasn't quite expecting. Even though it did make me a little sad that they didn't change anything in their own world, I think that Anakin pretty much sumed everything up in this paragraph:

?It changed everything. You saved me, got to learn your mother, and found yourselves along the way. The memories and feelings of the past will stay with you until your dying day, and no matter how bitter, how disappointed you feel now, you?ll be grateful for them one day.?

As I said before -- wonderful!

*sniffs*

And now, since I'm quite speechless, I think I'll cry a little bit because this wonderful story is over :_|.

*sniff*

And now you get a round of applause.

=D==D==D=
    @};- @};- @};-

3. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Wow.

I loved the ending. Anakin's explanation about what they went through was perfect. How could they be themselves if they no longer remember what they went through? Leia's reactions here are perfect.

The naming of Anakin was so sweet. A true circle- one Anakin to another, one universe to another.

Congratulations on finishing this wonderful epic of a story! You are one terrific writer.

4. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Sorry for the delay.

Great story, great ending - thanks so much for sharing it!

5. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Well, folks. Here it is. The very end of this story. I kept putting off the replies for a long time because I couldn't reconcile with the idea that this fic would be over for me, after nearly two years of writing it.

Again, I want to thank each and every one of you for sharing this journey with me. @};- It has been an educational glimpse into the world of writing and a thrilling experience I'll never forget even after many, many years. You all are amazing people, and I'm so very glad for getting to 'know' you!

Thank you for nomming 'Change of Fate' for the Awards. [:D] I had the shock of my life when I checked through the nominee lists and found my name on it. :eek:

I hope reading CoF has been as enjoyable for you as it has been writing it for me. And I also hope with all my heart that even after the somewhat cruel ending (no Disney-ish Happily Ever After) that your memories of this fic won't be those of bitterness and disappointment.

Thank you again, and I hope that we will meet on these boards in one form or another.

Best wishes,
    CrazyAni

[b]Anakins_Kiss:[/b] Awww, thank you so much! I love bittersweet endings, and I?m so flattered and honoured that this little story is one of your favourites. Wow. Thank you so much for reading and your moral support throughout the writing process!

[b]Jazz_Skywalker:[/b] Oh, don?t worry about it. I?m just glad for having you along for so long. Thank you so much for reading and for your help!

[b]Cyke:[/b] Thanks. [face_blush]

[b]Kidan:[/b] Thank you so much!

[b]JTurtle:[/b] Thank you for you kind words. The last two scenes are ones of the most favourite things I?ve ever written, and I?m glad you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for your input to the story?it?d never have been the same without your help. You?re simply amazing.

[b]Darth_Kripp:[/b] No, I didn?t plan a sequel? But I?ve already received requests to write a series of vignettes in the AU the twins created. Thank you so much for sticking with this story till the end!

[b]Ocelotl_Nesto:[/b] Yes, it?s never been my intention to change the future? The whole story was simply a big learning experience. Thank you so much for reading!

[b]Veloz:[/b] Aww, thank you! Yes, indeed, I never intended this story to be a simple time-travel adventure where the heroes change the past and live happily ever after. I meant it to be a learning experience not only about the past, but also discovering themselves on the way? I?m most flattered and happy that you seemed to like the ending. Thank you so much for reading and your most wonderful reviews that helped me battle the DWB!

[b]Darth-Semians:[/b] Yes, that?s what I think as well?some things are better to remain unknown. It makes them more? dreamlike and bittersweet. The AU did have a Disney-ish Happily Ever After ending, if that?s a comfort for you. I hope that despite the unexpected ending, this story will go down your memory as the one you enjoyed reading till the very end. Thank you so much for reading!

[b]Kelli_LB:[/b] Yes, that?s true. Really changing the world has never been a main goal? and besides, I think that that AU is better left to imagination. Thanks a lot for reading and for sticking to this story!

[b]DarthJishyWishy:[/b] Thank you!

[b]Talon_Kenobi:[/b] Thank you! You described so perfectly what I hoped to reach with CoF. Of course, I?d be happy to PM you if I ever begin another story. Thank you for reading!

[b]FitJedi:[/b] Aww, thank you so much! You always know what to say to make a writer feel like they really accomplished something. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you so much for reading and for your support!

[b]Jedi_Master_Cazz:[/b] Thank you so much! [face_blush] And yes, I dodged a sequel quite skillfully, didn?t I? [face_tongue]

[b]Diamond_Revelation:[/b] Thank you so much for your kind words! I really can?t find the words now to express how happy I am for having you along the way. Thank you so much for reading!

[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.