main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Change of Heart.... Lurker Appreciation Week begins!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Change of Heart
    Author: Durhelediel
    Rating: G
    Disclaimer: All Star Wars characters belong to George Lucas. I just take them out to play in my world for a bit every now and then.
    Dedication: Well, to everyone who hates Callista?this is for you. Lol

It happened while they were at a formal dinner. Mara Jade knew that things had gone on too peaceful since accepting Luke's proposal. She had been waiting for the galaxy to cave in?and it did in the most unlikely fashion.

She was standing near the bar, dressed in a shimmering dark green gown, her hair up in curls, sparkling jewelry around her throat and wrists. She had been chatting with a few of Luke's Rogue Squadron friends about how he had proposed when she had felt Luke's shock ripple through him.

Frowning, she turned to see what it was that could so deeply affect his Jedi calm?and saw her.

The brown haired woman was in a simple, pale yellow gown that did nothing to hide her curves. Her gray eyes were fixed on Luke, who was looking extremely handsome in his traditional black Jedi garb near his sister, Leia.

Mara scowled and her hands tightened into fists. What in the galaxy was she doing here? This was a celebration of her and Luke's engagement?this woman had no right to be here at all.

As Mara, and everyone else, watched, Callista slowly made her way over to where Luke was standing stiffly. From his posture, Mara could tell that he was warring an inner battle with his old feelings for her?and his new, deeper feelings for Mara.

"Luke, how well you look this evening," Callista's smokey voice said smoothly. "I've come just in time, it seems. I need to speak with you. In private."

Leia's eyes flashed and Han had to lay a restraining hand on her arm to keep her from physically going after the woman. "You lost your right to talk to him privately a long time ago, Callista," Luke's twin spat out. "You are not welcome here. Go away and leave Luke be."

Mara detached herself from Wedge Antilles and very slowly walked over to her fiancé. Her emerald eyes took in Luke's stiff face and posture. He was hiding it well, but she could feel the emotions rolling around in his head, and heart. She did not fear him leaving her for Callista?that was over and done with. She knew he loved her very deeply and passionately. What she did fear was Callista making things harder on them before their wedding.

"Callista?" Luke finally got out, his voice cold and emotionless. "Why are you here?"

The other woman blinked her gray eyes in astonishment. "To speak to you before you make a terrible mistake that you cannot change."

Mara had had enough. She laid a hand on Luke's arm, stilling the words on his lips that would have defended her. She smiled at him, though inside she seethed. How dare this woman come in here and make a scene--about her! "Luke, I think I need to speak with Callista?alone. Please excuse me."

Without waiting for Callista's response, Mara grabbed her slender arm and pulled her off to a balcony. Very deliberately, she closed the doors. She took a deep breath, warring with her anger. When she was certain that she wouldn't kill Callista, she very calmly asked, "What in the name of the Sith do you think you are doing?"

Callista dropped all pretences of civility when alone with her. The older ex-Jedi folded her arms across her chest. "I should ask you the same question. Luke is a wonderful man, and you are a?a?" She stopped.

Mara eyed her dangerously. "Go on."

"You're not good enough for Luke!" Callista blurted out. "You were the Emperor's Hand, for the Force's sake! He is gentle and kind, marvelous and exciting. How do you presume to come in and try to taint him with your ways? I thought Luke was smarter than this, but you must have used the dark side to cloud his thinking."

Mara took a step closer to Callista, very much aware of the fact that all she had to do was push the woman and she'd fall right over the balcony and out of her life. She suppressed the urge with a mighty effort and said

2. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    cool i liked that. A short but sweet story. Although i think callista could use a flight over the banister. ;)

3. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Ah so do many people, Master. lol I was sorely tempted, but then Luke might get mad at Mara and what good would that do? Plus, too close to the dark side. lol Though Mara might just do it if Callista shows her little nose again...I have ideas stirring and might follow up on them if this is well liked.

4. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    Aww! I loved it! Die Callista! :mad: Mara should have pushed her over... Just kidding! :p Anyway, that was excellent! Great work! :)

~Glo

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Perfect! Yes, I an see how Mara would be SERIOUSLY tempted to toss Callista over the balcony, I've had that same urge myself. Glad she restrained herself, though, it might have upset Luke. Wonderful slice of the Skywalkers' lives!

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    OH yay! I finally got a chance to read it :D Excellent! exellent...

7. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Hey, I really liked this. Maybe if it lurks on page one for a couple of days, other people will want to read it. I'll do my best to keep it...

UP!

8. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I actually didn't dislike Callista in this fic. While I think it was stuipd what she did I have to say I liked how she bowed out after talking to Mara.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I liked how she bowed out after talking to Mara.

I agree with Jeditheskyisblue. Of course, I still think a quick trip off the balcony might have done the trick, too!

10. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    That was really well done!

"I love him, and I don't need to make you feel better about it when you were the one who screwed it all up in the first place with him. Now, I want you to walk out that door and never come back into our lives again. I have patience, and Luke has taught me much about the Force, but I am still the most dangerous woman you will ever meet if you try to come between us again. Am I understood?"

LOVED that part! [face_laugh] Poor Callista would never have stood a chance.

Hmmm, maybe you could write an alternate version where Callista goes off the balcony...on "accident" of course. ;)

11. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Hmmmm....actually, an alternate version is a rather good idea. lol I already have a few ideas hopping around. My muse has left me lately so I haven't written much but I do think this idea has MUCH potential. I will make sure to put a link to the alternate version once I get it done.

Ya'll are so great!

12. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay, I did indeed start the second one...Change of Heart: Callista's Return. Enjoy! I'm having fun writing this one... :}

13. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Hello! Today marks the beginning of... ::drum roll please:: Lurker Appreciation Week!

All week fun stuff will happen for those shy lurkers who decide to delurk and post on my stories. For now, have a rest and gaze upon a nice shiny button, courtesy of _JM_.}

[image=http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/IMAGES/tempics/youfail.jpg]

14. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Monday is the Official Start of Fave Fan Fic Recognition Challenge

Lurkers everywhere are asked to *delurk* in their favorite stories. Come on! Tell us what stories you love to read. Delurk! Give us a clue!

Once a story has been delurked into, the author can announce success by editing the story thread title to say *Delurked*. Then readers everywhere will know that *this* is a story to read

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/libertyman/LurkerMaraLuke.bmp]

A huge thank you to RebelScum for the wonderful button!!

15. Duey_Solo

Duey_Solo Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    i loved it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.