main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Change of meeting date

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by darth-blaze, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Hey guys, April 30 is a bad day for me, I have duty that day and I'm not going to be able to hold a meeting that day. I'm requesting a change of date to April 29(Friday) @ 7:00pm. Any problems with that day. Post here the suguested day, keep in mind that we got people returning from CIII and we have to hold a meeting before free comic day and possible release of Episode III game on the 5th of may.

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    As far as I know, 4/29 works for Mark and I to attend. We get back on the 25th from CIII so that gives us a few days to get back to normal.

3. PostalPadawan

PostalPadawan Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm good for April 29th too!

4. SilverBullet34

SilverBullet34 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004
    Hey,everybody its good to see all the new people sounds like you've been having fun.But who won the FX lightsaber at the meeting?
    4-29 is good for us so far.
    My Han Solo costume is coming along slowly

5. Quickbeam

Quickbeam Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Luis won the saber! I was kind of freaky after him standing up there for 20 minutes or so running through the various points that needed to be covered and then boom, he didn't even get a chance to sit down before being handed a shiny new Lightsaber replica! Congrats man!
    I just spoke to Donnie up there at Gotham City Limits and they have gaming there on Friday nights and suggest perhaps moving to Thursday would be a better solution.

Gregg

6. SilverBullet34

SilverBullet34 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004
    Thursday is Ok with us.

7. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I can go thursdays, my kids got baseball game

8. PHATJEDI67

PHATJEDI67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Well, the 29th works perfect for me.....I'm off that that day (well, my co-workers think I'm a little "off" every day for being a star wars fan but oh well)so anyways, I'm as good as there.

9. Quickbeam

Quickbeam Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    29th is OUT gang, we have previously scheduled event on that night at Gotham City Limits. We've spent a lot of time (literally the last two years) building up that night for gaming and it would not be fair to jerk the rug out from under it. Wednesday might also not be a good idea as it is the day new books come in, much traffic in the store and we are open later for that purpose, our diehard subscribers got to have those books on release day :)
    I hesitate to say this, but is it possible we could go ahead with the previous date of the 30th? I know Luis could not be there but it was a date that everyone could agree on and the needs of the many......

Gregg

10. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    29TH....EXCELLENT!

DIE WITH YOUR RED ON IF YOU'RE GOING TO DIE.

11. Quickbeam

Quickbeam Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Is this thing on.......tap tap.......

We cannot move the date at Gotham City Limits to the 29th!!!!!!! There is a previously scheduled event on that date.

Gregg

12. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Well if we can't do the 29th at Gotham - how about we still meet at a restaurant or something then?

13. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    as long as everybody agree to the change of location, I'm fine with that, I just dont want to change location because I can't make it on the 30th. If people can come to the meeting on the 29 and is better to hold it on the 30th, I just have to pass the torch for that day and have someone else precede the meeting. Remeber this is a very important meeting 3 major events in may. in the mean time I will see if I can re-schedule my watch but I don't think that's going to happen.

14. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Either day is fine with me...I'm up for a change of location. By the way Gregg, you made me laugh out loud:)

15. darkapprentice112

darkapprentice112 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Not to complicate things, but once I heard about the alleged conflict, I ironed-out the problem with the 29th at Gotham. Actually I put on my majority owner pants and BLAMMO I get what we want, if that's still what we want???!?! If not, I beheaded one of my partners for nothing... :)

I'm sorry to post this so late in thread but The Man has been working me a lot lately and I just now had the chance to log in.

So, as long as I can get coverage past closing that Friday night (04/29/2005) you Jedi are welcome at Gotham. As for me, I will be at my brother-in-law's wedding in Destin wishing I was there with you all I'm sure.

Chris

16. darkapprentice112

darkapprentice112 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Oh, yeah and Thursday the 28th is cool too.

17. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Final decision is the meeting is going to be held as scheduled, on the 30th. I will try my best to attend but is not looking good at all.

18. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Luis just posted a note over on the Yahoo boards to keep the meeting on the 30th to cut down on confusion. He will not be there but is passing the reigns to me to run the meeting (heh heh heh).

So - April 30th at Gotham Comics stands as the next meeting.

19. Quickbeam

Quickbeam Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Deep sigh of relief.......

Gregg

20. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Luis! We must have been posting at the exact same time - too funny!

See everyone on the 30TH!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.