1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:WA Change of mind (and name).

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by R2-Q5, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm, reminds me, Haven't seen BladeRunner in a while...
  2. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I still haven't seen the special edition yet with the original ending. Even with the different ending, I imagine it would still be very different to the book. That was almost a different story (a pretty good one though).
  3. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    The movie and the book have the same names of the characters, apart from that....

and the special edition rocks, it's a lot better without Ford's stoned monologue,
  4. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm... sounds like Guri has made to the boards then..
  5. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't seen, heard, read anything to do with BladeRunner.... *awaits the abuse...* [face_blush]
  6. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    *Straps R2-Q5 into a chair in front of a TV and Bladerunner*

Now watch!! :)
  7. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hahaha, I'm sorry, I've had a sheltered (why doesn't that word look right?) childhood... I'm catching up on all these funky movies and stuff that I haven't seen, bear with me. I'll get there... :)
  8. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Does that mean you grew up in a shelter?
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Bladerunner - awsome movie.. Didnt like the original ending, I thought the directors cut ending was much better (wont give any details away as to make it worth watching R2-Q5)
    Stars Harrison Ford and has Darryl Hanna in it.. A must-see film.. :D

*hides back in the shadows in case hes butted into a private conversation* :cool: Move along
  10. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, Sith Magician this means I lived in a shelter... It's called Lesmurdie! But hey, I escaped that hell... :)

Thanks Stinky_Jawa... I'll look for it... :)
  11. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I suggest we have an informal meet and watch a few classic sci-fi movies that not everyone has seen. Bladerunner could be on the list. What you you guys think?
  12. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Have a look at the newly released DVD of Bladerunner, very nicely done.
  13. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    soneil sounds like a plan to me... It also means we can see what everyone is into movie wise... :) I'm there...
  14. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds good, location?
    I'm moving this weekend, so I'd need to check with the 2 ppl I'm going to be sharing with if everyone wants to see stuff on the usual screen....
  15. Lord_Lazarus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds good from our end. :)
  16. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    ok, sounds like it's on, any preferable dates?

EDIT: And I think it's safe to assume Bladerunners on the cards, and seeing as we're gonna be educating someone onclassic Sci-Fi, do you have any films you've always meant to see but haven't R2-Q5?
  17. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uhhh... All of them? I think the only Sci-Fi movies I've seen are Star Wars... Unless you count Spaceballs and The Last Starfighter... There's a possibility that I have seen more, but I can't think of any off the top of my head...

*hangs head in shame*
  18. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm, well, how about the first couple of Alien movies, or Terminator 1 or 2, ( I have the region one special edition) or even some Dr Who or Battlestar Galactica?
  19. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen that last Aliens (Resurrection) and I think I have seen one or both of the Terminators... I've only seen the parody of Dr Who (Curse of the Fatal Death)... So... yeah...
  20. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, I'll do what I did last time, post a couple of polls with movies and dates, see what we get....

Might have to wait until after the "Crafternoon" though....
  21. R2-Q5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds good, but I think we should give other people a chance to speak... :p
  22. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Um, ok, geez look at all those alternating icons back there....
  23. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    There's no rush. We've got the crafternoon next week and possibly the club meeting the week after. Perhaps we should space out our events.
    Anyway, any one of the movies SM suggested meet with my approval. They're all ones I've seen plenty of times and don't mind seeing again (except of course the special edition of Bladerunner which I've only seen the normal version of). It's a pity the forum polls don't allow for multiple votes so we can vote for several movies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.