main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Change of publisher in the UK?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by russelguppy, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Not sure if this is right on amazon.co.uk's part but they have both Hard Contact and Triple Zero available for pre-order in the UK under the publisher Orbit. Now whilst I know that amazon can't always be relied upon for accurate information I thought I'd bring it up here to see if anyone can shed any light on it.

Here are the links:-
    Triple Zero
    Hard Contact

I am sure this probably has something to do with the game related books only, as The Swarm War is still being published by Arrow, an imprint of Random House, whilst I'm sure that Orbit has no affiliation with Random House. It just seems a surprise that Random House have so easily let this part of the Star Wars franchise go. It is also surpising as they have just released Ruins of Dantooine in the UK under their Arrow imprint, if they have let the RC series go to another publisher, surely they've chosen the wrong series to let go?

2. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    Hard Contact (and I guess Triple Zero too) were not part of the regular contract Del Rey had, so they didn't automatically get picked up by Arrow in the UK (and Arrow apparently didnt want to do anything about it). For a long time the only way to get HC was by import from the US. UK'ers can now rejoice that someone else has jumped in to pick up the slack.

3. russelguppy

Jun 8, 2002
    But don't you find it strange that Ruins of Dantooine was party to the same conditions and Arrow have publsihed that in the UK?

4. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    Was Ruins of Dantooine also produced outside the contract?

5. russelguppy

Jun 8, 2002
    I believe it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.