main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Change to ESB fo the DVD Release?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Idliv, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idliv

Idliv Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2003
    I heard some news on the Galaxies boards that there was a plan to digitaly change Leia kissing Luke in ESB to her kissing Chewie. Is there any validity to this claim, or was it just idle chatter?

2. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    You must be thinking of Star Whores, not Star Wars. It's available in the Adults Only section of your local video store.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    ... Well, THAT's a new one.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't think it's very likely.

Welcome to the JC, by the way. :)

5. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    i certainly hope not.. thatd be worse than Greedo shooting first.. i can hear it now.. "Leia kissing the Wookie damages her character development! We no longer see her incestial bad girl side! Instead we get an animal lover!"

6. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Leia kissing Luke is further evidence that George was making the story up as he went. Why else would this have slipped by?

7. Big_Chewie_fan

Big_Chewie_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2003
    does it show he was making t up or does it make it all the more believeable that they have no idea that they are brother and sister? I think like any man Luke was attracted to her and she wanted to piss off Han so luke was the closest guy and and hey neither had nothing to lose "not like we are siblings or anything" so she kissed him. I think it was deliberate. And if it wasn't he sure can say it was his plan all along now. But as for kissing a wookie. I doubt it. although I am sure Chewie wouldn't mind the attention.

8. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I think originally that would have been better since it goes with the "I'd just as soon kiss a wookie" but change it? NO...and how on earth would they be able to do that?

9. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    How could they do it? Simply digitally animate Leia walking over to Chewbacca, who continues to chatter bemusedly while Leia lays one on him! (using the original shot of the Wookiee watching as Luke get kissed) Then she walks out.

You'd have to digitally alter Luke putting his hands behind his head, as there would be no call for this. Then digitally alter Han so he tells Chewie to "take it easy" instead of Luke.

Then alter C-3P0 to say "Excuse us, please," while Leia is smooching Chewie, because the droids are highly offended by barnyard erotica.

It's brilliant!!!

10. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    You seriously think they should do that???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.