main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Changed Lives - A/P, EpIII *missing scene*; vignette - an introduction (Cover Art added 9/20)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    George owns all of the characters in this piece. :)

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/lives.jpg]

Changed Lives - (PG)

Senator Amidala introduces her husband to a very important person... (little do they know).

Padme Amidala, Senator of Naboo, stood at the window of her apartment watching the traffic lanes. The sky at twilight was one of the few things about Coruscant that she actually enjoyed. The horizon was painted in red, orange, purple and pink and had the ability to take your breath away. That is if you were not burdened with thoughts of debating, sniping, posturing and the general drudgery of the Senate. Padme let her hand drift to her lower abdomen where the small bump of her child was already formed.

If my husband doesn?t get back to Coruscant soon, I?ll be the size of a bantha before I have the chance to tell him our news.

It had been four months since Anakin?s last mission had allowed him to return to her. It was his first mission as a Jedi Knight, in his own right. She had just become accustomed to hearing news of fallen Jedi and managing to not let it terrify her as much as it had when the war had first started. She tortured herself with thoughts of a letter that wouldn?t come to her - but the Jedi Council - as Anakin?s ?next of kin?. Now that he was a Jedi, the missions would be more dangerous. Then a flutter interrupted her morbid thoughts, prompting Padme to shake off the feeling of gloom. She rubbed her bump and crooned, ?It?s alright my little one, your papa will be fine. He?ll come back to us soon and we can introduce you properly.?

She reluctantly moved away from the fading beauty that was the sunset and made her way wearily to her bedroom, it was another night without her husband. There were other wives whose husbands were at war; in this she was not unique. They would, however, be able to inquire to the Senate and military of their spouse?s state, Padme thought sourly. Enough of this, she thought vehemently. You are wallowing in pity, when this was the life both you and Anakin knew you would have until after the war, she mentally chastised herself. She had cast this lot for herself, and did not regret it. Deep down, she knew she should, but did not care. She loved her husband and she loved their child. Whatever happens, we will be together in the end.

A small flutter of the curtain of her bedroom window startled her. She had left the entry to the veranda open, a foolish thing to do, especially with Artoo gone with Anakin. Threepio had been shut down for the evening. She started to close the veranda entry and was met with a solid, broad wall of black leather and a familiar scent of wool, spice and masculinity. Anakin cocked his eyebrow at her and winked.

"Expecting someone else?"

Padme threw her arms around Anakin with abandon.

?I am so glad to see you!? She whispered fervently.

Anakin tightened their embrace and returned the sentiment.

?Me, too. It has been far too long,? he whispered into Padme?s hair.

She stepped back to take a look at her husband. Anakin?s hair had grown to touch his shoulders and she noticed sadly the padawan braid was gone. As if reading her mind, he pulled it out of his robe.

?I brought it back with me. I know how sentimental and silly you can be about these things,? he said with a wink.

She gasped indignantly and playfully smacked his shoulder, taking the braid. She took it to the jeweled box that held her most treasured things, and put the braid in it. Sentimental and silly, indeed.

Anakin, who had been removing layers of robes and leather, sat down on the bed to take his boots off. He stopped and looked at her.

?There is something different here, something different about you.?

He stood up and looked around the room. ?It's almost like there is someone else here.?

His paranoia had started to get the best of him, he was deciding, when Padme turned around and removed her robe. The japoor snippet that he had given her so long ago rested atop a l

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LMAO!!! That last line did the trick! Count on me being awake for a while! hehehehehehehehe

Great! Ahhh so sweet those two together.. hehehe Anakin's innocence naivety shows thru once more! Asking if they could still 'be together' hehehe

Great post rhonderoo!! Loved this one!

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Awww....I loved this! Wonderful combination of humor, drama and even foreshadowing. Especially loved the ending, with the baby's kick at just the "right" moment. Poor Anakin. ;)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You did such a wonderful job with this! Gina is right, it was the perfect combination of so many emotions.

Anakin stared at her mid-section with a mixture of wonder and trepidation. He moved slowly towards her and tentatively laid a shaking hand on the round bulge of her gown. Padme gasped as a tickling sensation ran over her abdomen and the baby gave a playful kick and rolled. Anakin stood unmoving, his mouth agape at the sensation of being touched by something so tiny, but so powerful. It was if a small force presence playfully nudged its existence out of his wife to be recognized, then did it again. The feelings were so powerful and the presence so significant that he had to move away, frightened at the emotions welling in him.

I loved it ALL, but thought this was especially well done. Superb, truly wonderful!

5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That was delightful!

6. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Awww... so cute! [face_love]

...And you can count on me being awake for awhile!

Hee hee! :D

7. MamaShmi

MamaShmi Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2004
    This was simply beautiful. Nicely done, I would LOVE to see it expanded into a longer fiction work. Hint, hint.

8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Awww. [face_love]

She rubbed her bump and crooned, ?It?s alright my little one, your papa will be fine. He?ll come back to us soon and we can introduce you properly.?

Very nicely done. I'll be reading this one over and over again. :)

JD.

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Ooooh....great job, Rhonda! I doubt that we'll get anything so intimate on screen. *sigh*

I really liked this part:

She put her hands on top on Anakin?s and said, ?Will our baby be alright?? That was her only question, but Anakin knew what she was asking. Will they take our baby, even if you?ve left the order? Even if we don?t want them to? Fear darkened her eyes.

?We will make it alright, whatever it takes. I promise you.?
    Chilling thoughts.

10. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I bet it was Leia that kicked him! :D

This was a well written, very touching story. Well done.

11. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    That was sweet. I loved her worry and then how easy it was for Anakin to figure it out after she had already put so much thought into telling. [face_love] That last line was great.

12. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Aww... :)

That was great... :D I loved the fact that they both sounded realistic and you put the right amount of mush...

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    l_n: I'm pretty sure it was Leia, also. ;)

Red_rose_knight: Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Padlei: :) Thank you!

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh I like the cover art :D

15. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I can't believe I missed this!

Very sweet, rhonderoo. I'm hoping that RotS will contain a "revelation" scene, because I'd love to see the look on Anakin's face.

(My husband's reaction this last time comes to mind...
    "Thanks for ruining my weekend!" Of course, he was joking, but when it's such a shock, you don't know how to react).

And the last line is the kicker, no pun intended. Peyton did this to me...every time I'd lay down at night, he'd decide it was time to party. And the first few weeks of his life, he still thought so. But he's sleeping through the night now.

Anyway, great job, and lovely cover art.

16. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like the cover art! Nice!

17. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    He turned slightly and kissed her seriously this time, wanting to keep troubled thoughts at bay, and he knew a good way to do that. This night was for Padme, his child and him. ?We can still...well, you know...be together...right?? Padme laughed aloud at the embarrassment rolling off of her husband. ?Absolutely. He or she has got to go to sleep sometime.?

Anakin?s eyes widened. ?We have to wait until she?s asleep??

?Or he...," she was enjoying this. The baby chose this moment to kick its father soundly in the side. ...And you can count on me being awake for awhile!

That was incredibly well done. Lovely moment from their lives, before it all went so wrong.

18. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    It was beautiful. Honestly, sweet and touching.

19. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    I can't believe I didn't know about this until now!! I absolutely loved this vignette!!! I've been wondering and wanting someone to do one about when Anakin finds out about the pregnancy and I wanted it to be sweet and touching and the biggest thing I wanted was for him to touch her stomach!!! If that one thing isn't in ROTS I will be very dissapointed!!

Anyway, I'm glad you put that in there and I think Anakin's reaction to everything was just right...I couldn't have dreamed up something better!

I can't wait for the next one!!

20. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    rhonderoo-

How could we all have missed this. Great writing rhonderoo. I love my Ani and Padme and this was a perfect scene. I wish we could see this actually happen.

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Thank you for the nomination in the Reader's Choice Saga awards Romance category. [:D] [face_love]

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/cutie.jpg]
    Hi there. Anakin, here. Thanks for the nomination in Best Interpretation of Canon Character, Male. [:D] :*

22. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Cute. I loved how it was a mixture of the different genres. And the last line was classic...poor Anakin. Very well done, such a sweet piece to how that particular scene could go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.