main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Changeover (JA - Obi's become...a girl!?!) *Finished! 18/12*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    One Apprentice, One Pathway 5: Changeover

Summary: How will Obi-Wan cope when he switches bodies with a girl?

Time Frame: Obi is 16 in this story

Rating: PG-13

Spoilers: Previous stories in the series

Order of Series:

Brewing
    Ordeal
    Hidden
    Twisted
    CHANGEOVER

Archive: If I?ve already given you permission, take it. If I haven?t, drop me a message at ginger_ninja85@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to George Lucas. Everyone else is mine :)

Authors Note: Apologies for not posting on this story in over a year [face_blush] whoops. Anyway, back on track now and I intend to post this story and finish it as soon as I can despite my AS Level exams. Damn college?grrrr? The first 3 posts will be tweaked versions of the original and after that it'll be all new material :D

Dedicated, forever, to Dara, Laura, Jess, Rachael (Master Mush) and all those wonderful people who have ever read and commented on something I wrote. Wouldn?t have written again if not for the positive feedback I?ve received in the past. Thanks :)

// Indicates talking over a bond.
    / Indicates thought.

Changeover: Part One

?This is truly amazing Master,? sixteen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi announced as he gazed around the scene before him.

?I?m glad you think so Padawan,? Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn replied with a smile.

The pair were on a planet know as Obru, renowned for it?s sprawling, ancient ruins of civilisations and races of people long since extinct. Ruins of towns, homes, places of worship, of study and of leisure could all be found within the dense green forests of Obru. But most impressive perhaps were the sites of amazing technological feats. From what historians said, the ancient people of Obru were incredibly advanced for their time. They had ships that travelled across the planet, microchips and many other basic versions of technology found in modern times long before modern society had even begun to exist. There was also gadgets lying around the place that were rumoured to be even more powerful and, in some cases, mysterious then technology found in the modern day. It had been these rumours that had sparked so much curiosity in Obru. With its mix of ancient ruins and seemingly modern yet antiquated technology it was a truly unique historic place. The planet had managed to attract a fellowship of archaeologists, scientists, historians, technology experts and even paranormal investigators. The secrets of the ancient peoples who had once dominated the planet were lost but important discoveries were made and everyone who was in the various fields involved with Obru?s history wanted to stake their name to some kind of amazing find.

Until recent years Obru had been all but closed to the outside galaxy. For fifty years it hadn?t allowed anyone on the planet without prearranged permission. Before they had closed themselves off to the galaxy, Obru had had a thriving tourist industry. Unfortunately this industry had brought about many problems. Tourists began to take over the planet and had damaged many of the ruins. The native people decided to close the planet in order to preserve the ancient civilisations and their technology. The only reason Obru had been forced to allow visitors land again was because of the terrible troubles the planet had faced with famines and droughts. But even now, it was a planet solely for careful research. The tourist industry would never be reopened. Obru had learnt its lesson.

Qui-Gon had taken Obi-Wan to Obru for a history lesson in ancient Jedi, as it was believed many resided here at one time ? a time so far in the past even Master Yoda had not been a p

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ooh, I remember this. It gets to finished this time I hope. Post more!!

3. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL, it always seems to start with some sort of lesson doesn't it? Just enforces my thoughts that school is evil.

And yes I do remember this one Ginger :D How could we forget it? 8-}

Now post more ASAP please!!!

4. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Arwen and M :)

Don't worry I promise it'll get finished this time round ;)

I'll be updating Sunday :)

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ~Dances around like a little school girl with a sign saying UP!

6. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Here ya go, update as promised :)

Changeover: Part Two

After a two-hour hike through the forests of Obru, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan arrived at the spaceport where their transport to Coruscant lay in wait.

The walk had been fairly quiet. Qui-Gon occasionally pointed out an ancient structure and informed Obi-Wan of what it had once been but the boy remained mainly silent. Qui-Gon assumed it was because Obi-Wan was not a morning person and the hour was far too early for him to do anything other than walk forward and mutter the occasional ?Yes Master?.

Lisgua, Obru?s one and only port, was thriving with scientists, archaeologists, historians and even the occasional paranormal expert who all insisted that there was something ?out of this galaxy? behind the secrets of Obru. Despite the early hour, all the people were already milling around getting ready for expeditions.

The buildings around them were only hardware stores, food stores and accommodation. All the old tourist shops had been replaced with information points and places where equipment for spending days and days in the jungle could be rented.

There were universities for young students wishing to study the planet and schools for the local children and the teachers and pupils were on their way to school on foot. Vehicles were strictly controlled on Obru to limit the levels of pollution. It was a populated world about as far away from Coruscant?s level of traffic as one could get.

But despite the fairly busy street, Obru was far calmer a place then any other planet Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had visited in recent times as there were no tourists wondering around aimlessly. Obru was full of hard working people.

Qui-Gon led Obi-Wan to the dock where their ship waited. It was a transport that carried historians and other types of workers to and from the planet from Coruscant. At the ship, a group of people were packing large crates of artefacts on board. A lot of relics had to be taken to Coruscant from Obru because the Core World had better equipment for studying the objects. Most were returned afterwards though. Some artefacts stayed on Coruscant to become museum pieces.

Obi-Wan?s hand tightened round the warm stone in his pocket. He hoped no one would mind if one object never returned to the planet.

?Obi-Wan? Are you coming??

Obi-Wan turned and saw that Qui-Gon was already boarding. He hurried over to join his Master.

The large transport bound for Coruscant slowly lifted off the platform it rested on and began to head upwards into the early morning sky.

Qui-Gon looked over at Obi-Wan. The boy was still being uncharacteristically quiet. Qui-Gon knew his apprentice was brewing on the dream he had had and the fact that it had concerned Kyrana.

?Glad to be going home Padawan?? Qui-Gon asked, determined to stop the boy from brooding for a while.

Obi-Wan pulled his eyes away from the view out of the view-port and met his Master?s eyes. ?Yes,? he said with a small smile. ?It?s been a while.?

?Looking forward to seeing your friends??

Obi-Wan?s smile grew a little. ?Definitely.?

?Looking forward to spending some time with Kyrana??

A shadow passed through Obi-Wan?s eyes but he smiled anyway, trying to look as if nothing was wrong. ?I can?t wait to see her again.?

Qui-Gon frowned but remained silent. He knew there was no point trying to force anything out of Obi-Wan. The boy would tell his Master when he felt ready, should the need ever arise.

The pair fell silent again as a hostess brought refreshments around. Obi-Wan sipped his drink thoughtfully. /It was only a dream. Why am I getting so worked up about it?/

Obi-Wan could sense his Master?s concern. Not wanting to worry his Master, Obi-Wan spoke up. ?How long do you think it will be till we get sent on another mission?? he asked.

Qui-Gon swallowed the warm liquid in his mouth. ?Probably within a week or so,? the Master informed the apprentice. ?I know it?s not much time but??

?It?s okay Master,? Obi-Wan said. ?It?s b

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL LOL LOL

I'm sorry, call me a sadist but that is just funny!! LMAO!!!

*Composes self* More please!

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL Arwen :D Thanks for reading :)

9. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL Ginger , sometimes I wonder how you come up with those plot bunnies......

But I am having fun imagining the things that could happen now [face_laugh]

Post soon!

10. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL Ginger , sometimes I wonder how you come up with those plot bunnies......

Trust me M you do NOT want to know ;)

I'll probably update Friday. I've got an exam tomorrow, my braces are coming out Wednesday and it's the last ever episode of Buffy and season finale of Friends on Thursday :)

Thanks for reading!

11. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Just a quick note. I am, of course, going to have to explain some aspects of male and female biology and the things us girls have to use to cope with ?girly stuff? (this is being vague?But ya?ll know what I?m talking about I hope) Don?t worry I won?t go into the nitty gritty details?Well, not yet ;)

Once again, just in case there is ANY confusion Obi and Kyrana have switched bodies BUT I?m always going to refer to them as ?he? or ?she? even though they have swapped bodies. I know, I know, confusing! Writing this story is confusing me too!

Changeover: Part Three

?Oh this is terrible! I?m you!? Kyrana said with an unsettled, freaked-out sort of voice as she watched in fascination as she moved the arms, hands and fingers of Obi-Wan?s body. ?What do we do??

?First of all,? Obi-Wan said, ?We have to remain calm.?

Kyrana nodded and took several deep breaths and continued to clench and unclench her larger than normal fists. ?Okay, deal with this calmly. I can do that. Ahhh damnit Obi-Wan why does everything ALWAYS go wrong when I?m near you!?

?Don?t blame me!? Obi-Wan protested, his voice reaching newfound tonal heights. ?It was an accident!?

?Well if you hadn?t have given me that stupid rock thing NONE of this would have happened!?

?You just said you liked it!? Obi-Wan retorted.

?That was BEFORE it turned me into YOU!?

Obi-Wan shook his head, his long red hair dancing as he did so. ?Look there?s no point arguing now alright? Now come on we have to find our Master?s and tell them what?s happened,? Obi-Wan said and began to walk forward, looking a little unsteady as tried to get used the swinging of his curvaceous hips.

?No wait!? Kyrana ran over to Obi-Wan and grabbed his slim arm.

?Ow!? Obi-Wan grumbled. ?Be careful. You?re a lot stronger now you?re in my body!?

?Oh, sorry,? she said, letting go of his petite arm. ?But we *cannot* tell them about this!?

?Kyra are you nuts? We have to tell them!? Obi-Wan held up a small hand to stop her protests. ?Look, I don?t have a clue how to be a girl and I?m sure you don?t know what it?s like to be a boy. It doesn?t take much thought to realise all the trouble we?re going to have getting used to being in each other?s bodies. I think they?ll see through any kind of act pretty fast. And besides, we?re going to need help getting back into our own bodies.?

Kyrana frowned. ?I suppose you?re right. After all, how are you going to deal with my??

The sound of running footsteps stopped Kyrana?s sentence and the pair turned to see their Master?s standing in front of them. Obi-Wan looked up, then up further to meet Qui-Gon?s eyes. /He seems a lot taller now I?m all the way down here.../

?Are you both alright?? Lena demanded.

The pair exchanged glances. ?Sort of,? Obi-Wan said, sounding very uncertain.

Lena looked at him, not realising she wasn?t looking at her Padawan. ?What happened Kyra?? she asked him.

?Um?Well, first of all?? Obi-Wan searched for a good way to say it.

?He?s not Kyrana,? Kyrana said, stepping forward. ?I am. That?s Obi-Wan.?

The two Master?s blinked. ?Really Obi-Wan this isn?t the time to be joking,? Qui-Gon reprimanded, looking at Kyrana. ?What just happened??

?Master!? Obi-Wan said, his female voice cracking slightly in annoyance. How could Qui-Gon not believe them? ?She?s telling the truth! I?m Obi-Wan!?

?And I?m Kyrana!? Lena told her Master, her male voice equally annoyed. ?You have to believe us! Obi-Wan gave me a stone and the next thing we know, we?re in each other?s bodies.?

?Master,? Obi-Wan piped up. ?You know I wouldn?t joke at a time like this!?

?Alright,? Qui-Gon said, his tone of voice one he tended to reserve for misbehaving initiates. ?Just for the sake of argument we?ll play along,? he said, looking between the two of them as if unsure who he should be addressing. ?If you really are Obi-Wan,? he said, finally settling his gaze on the female who claimed to be Obi-Wan, ?tell me a story that only you and I would know.?

Obi-Wan grinned mischi

12. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    what have you done to obi? the first half was too funny. the ending rather ominous.

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    PaddyJuan: Don't worry, there's still humour to come :D

Thanks for reading! :)

14. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, that was good.... [face_laugh]

You have to post more ASAP....I can't wait to see how their going to fix this one! 8-}

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    LO-bloody-L!!!!
    Classic

Especially that whole thing with Qui being girly and the comment about Mace's head. Oh and Obi is in for it with Kyrana's 'monthly'

LOL!!

more!!

16. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks so much for reading M and Arwen

Sadly I'm at college fulltime again this week but I am DETERMINED to post by Friday so stay tuned! ;)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was cute and highly amusing - especially about the "girly" parts and Kytana having to relieve herself. Hummm, then it went dark. So, whoever is drowning is in a girl's body but it could be either person at this point. A mystery...

Good job.

18. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading dianethx :) I love humour but I also love dark stories *hint, hint* ;)

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Ummm funny as heck so far....

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Summary of previous chapters: After a trip to a planet which was home to the relics of a lost civilisation, Obi-Wan brought back a gift for his girlfriend Kyrana. However this ?gift? was not merely a pretty rock as Obi-Wan believed. Somehow it managed to switch Obi-Wan and Kyrana into each other?s body. Now the pair are getting used to life as the opposite sex?

A/N: First, my deepest apologies for taking so damn long to update. I did have many reasons - the largest being that shortly after I posted the 3rd chapter originally my grandmother died and I was very upset by that. Anyway, I promise it definitely won?t be nearly so long from now on.

Sorry it?s not amazingly long?I thought I?d let everyone back into the flow gently ;)

Anyway, thank you all for being so patient and here is the first new update on Changeover in a year and six months ^_^

Changeover: Part Four

Qui-Gon sat up sharply, disturbed by something that was outside his own dreams. Frowning in the darkness, Qui-Gon got out of bed and ventured to Obi-Wan?s room where Kyrana was sleeping. He opened the door to the teenager?s room and peered in. The girl was sleeping peacefully and every now and then sighed as she dreamt. She was not the cause of Qui-Gon?s rude awakening.

Qui-Gon left the room and was half way back into his own bed before he realised the source of the disturbance. It was Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon sat on his bed and carefully focused on the bond he shared with his Padawan, sensing that the boy was sleeping albeit fitfully. He didn?t want to awaken Obi-Wan too suddenly as that could cause damage to the boy?s mind and shock his body.

Qui-Gon hovered around the edge of Obi-Wan?s unconscious mind. Qui-Gon was aware that it was a dream that troubled his Padawan?s sleep, as so often was the case. Qui-Gon gently soothed Obi-Wan?s anxious mind over their bond and the dream slowly began to fade away and Obi-Wan?s sleeping mind grew quieter and more tranquil. Qui-Gon sensed a vague wave of gratitude from his Padawan but it was heavily doused in the boy?s drowsiness. Nevertheless a smile graved the Master?s face; his Padawan?s nightmare had been subdued.

Qui-Gon released the bond and sighed as he opened his eyes and gazed upon his own room. It seemed to Qui-Gon, as he laid down on his bed once again, that every bizarre problem in the galaxy managed to find its way to his Padawan no matter what. His mind went over everything his Padawan had been through ? practically saving the Temple from hostile takeover alone, having his memory wiped by the Council, being kidnapped by the Elmvanians, being out of control emotionally because of a drug given to him by an insanely selfish Elmvanian and now this.

/Possible minor difference here actually/ Qui-Gon mused. /He did sort of bring this one on himself?and unfortunately on Kyrana too./

Qui-Gon breathed deep and closed his eyes. Yes, Obi-Wan?s knack for becoming involved in difficult and intriguing situations was definitely something the Master and Padawan needed to work on.

But right now Qui-Gon needed sleep. He had a feeling that for the time being he was going to need all the rest he could get.

Obi-Wan sat on a chair, morosely clutching a heating pad to his stomach. A cup of some kind of special flowery tea sat steaming to one side. Lena had insisted this cup was some kind of miracle cure for the pain caused by a period.

Lena was currently rooting around in the small kitchen for some painkillers. The Master had not decided to call off the sparring session she and Qui-Gon had planned for Kyrana and Obi-Wan, despite Obi-Wan?s pleas. He hadn?t slept well and then when he woke up and went about his normal morning routine this happened.

?It feels like?? he began.

?Obi-Wan I know exactly what it feels like. You?ll just have to put up with it like every other woman has to in life.?

?I?m not a woman!?

?You are for now Obi-Wan so stop moaning.?

Despite those words, Lena had allowed Obi-Wan some comforts ? the heating

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
  22. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    You know, you started out all nice and light...And then you end dark -leaving me no choice but to say: "I have a bad feeling about this!"

There. Are you happy now? You made me say it. :D BTW, nice to see Yoda has a sense of humor after all ;)

Post again soon!!

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL, poor Obi and girl problems. I'd be elated to get rid of that curse for a month. Kyrana should be much more thankful ;)

more soon ginger!

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    M: You know, you started out all nice and light...And then you end dark -leaving me no choice but to say: "I have a bad feeling about this!"

Yay! made you say it made you say it! :p

There. Are you happy now?

VERY happy ;)

Arwen: LOL, poor Obi and girl problems. I'd be elated to get rid of that curse for a month. Kyrana should be much more thankful

Yeah you'd have thought so. I know I'd LOVE to make a guy go through what us girls go through...But Kyrana's just....well you'll see [face_devil]

I'll post soon! :D Thanks for reading gals! ^_^

25. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    HA! [face_laugh] I'm loving this so far!! And I have no sympathy for Obi and his "Monthly." :D That's just what us girls have to go through. This is quite the hilarious story, along with angsty endings, though. ;) Great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.