main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Changeover (JA - Obi's become...a girl!?!) *Finished! 18/12*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    So Ginger , when can we expect the next post? I need an excuse not to do my Soc paper!! ;)

2. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Sorry for the wait. College was a real pain and then my wisdom teeth decided to start growing (ouch!) But now college is out for summer and my teeth are less painful. Onward!

Thanks for reading Part Four everyone :)

This post is dedicated to Angel5000 - happy birthday sis!

Changeover: Part Five

At lunch, Obi-Wan watched Kyrana closely but covertly. She seemed detached from life around her somehow, as if she were above it all. He waited for the perfect opportunity to talk to her but she seemed uncharacteristically absorbed in the food she was eating and was making every attempt she could to talk to her own Master in a way that didn?t seem suspicious. Obi-Wan had no worries that Kyrana would tell anyone about the present?complication?in their lives. She would probably get even more embarrassed and horrified by allowing others to know than Obi-Wan would. Obi-Wan understood Kyrana?s practically obsessive need to be in control of herself and her situation at all times yet part of him felt that it was time she moved on and dealt with her grievous experience head on rather than continuously shying away from it and leaving it to constantly hang over her and affect everything she did. Yes, it had been an awful ordeal for her but she couldn?t spend her entire life living in the shadow of the person she once was. Kyrana had to find the strength to move on and carry on living. Obi-Wan sensed, albeit vaguely, that Kyrana?s experience on Elmvanis had changed her more than anyone was fully aware. Kyrana was keeping part of herself, a new and unwelcome part, locked up and away from others. It was a thought that was a great worry for Obi-Wan?and an even greater worry for Lena.

Obi-Wan shook his head. Was he right to think that or was he just being nasty and judgemental? He wasn?t entirely sure ? after all it wasn?t like he?d ever experienced anything similar to Kyrana?s trauma so how did he know he wouldn?t react exactly the same?

He muted a sigh of frustration by swallowing some more food. Kyrana was the most confusing girl he?d ever known. Bant wasn?t nearly so hard to understand. Even BEING Kyrana hadn?t really given him any better insight into how she truly felt about the situation. All he was now more aware of was how emotional girls could get at the silliest of things (he?d found himself getting tearful at seeing some random Master and Padawan hug, for crying out loud!) how it felt to have his?no?her ?monthly?.

/Uncomfortable, painful and a general pain in the a?/

?Excuse me, Masters Qui-Gon and Lena.?

Obi-Wan?s thoughts were scattered as the calm voice of a young male Council spoke up from the end of the table he, Kyrana and their Masters were seated at. Obi-Wan looked up to see the Aide, who was a short Bothan with fluffy white fur, hand a datapad to his Master. Qui-Gon and Lena looked over the contents of it together after thanking the little Aide, who promptly strolled off to carry out further duties.

Obi-Wan looked over at Kyrana, who was staring at the Masters with unconcealed curiosity. She chewed idly on her muffin and paid more attention to the document her Master held than she did to the crumbs she was spilling everywhere. Obi-Wan thought that particular expression looked kind of odd and out of place on his own face and found himself wondering if he ever pulled such a look. He was so lost in his musings he didn?t realise he was staring intently at Kyrana. She noticed and fixed him with a withering look.

?What?? she said. ?Is there something on my face??

Obi-Wan blinked and had the courtesy to flush with embarrassment at being caught ogling. ?No?I was just?er?never mind. It was silly.?

Kyrana looked at him as if she thought the exact same thing. Obi-Wan felt himself bristle, he was so damn tired of being treated like a pain and a nuisance.

?Look Kyrana, I think we need to talk,? he said in a low voice, leaning over the table slightly so she could hear him.

She sighed and uttered ?I know.?

Obi-Wan was slightly taken aback. He

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    An update!! How exciting! I absolutely love this story, and when I saw an update I was so happy. :D

Great post, Ginger! It's nice to see that both Obi and Kyrana feel the need to talk, now.

I'm looking forward to more! :D

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Nice job, well worth the wait!! I want to see how this talk fairs. More soon!!

5. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading KenobisGirl and Arwen :D

I'll do my best to update before I go away on the 4th :)

6. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger I can honestly say you come up with some of the weirdest ideas...... But we love them anyway :D

And I can also say that reading one of your stories is MUCH more fun then doing physical labor.....

Can't wait to see where you plan on taking this one!

7. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading M :)

Glad I can provide relief for you from your physical labour ;)

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks everyone for reading Part Five :) This will be the last post for a couple of weeks as I?m off to America tomorrow for two weeks and won?t be near a computer.

Enjoy and I?ll see you all in a couple of weeks ^_^

Changeover: Part Six

Obi-Wan and Kyrana sat facing each other either side of a small table. They were onboard the transport that was carrying them to Obru and had been so for well over an hour now ? and yet neither had managed to find a way to start a discussion with the other. The metallic, standard grey walls of the small lounge area seemed to contain something of undeniable interest for the interchanged Padawans and so caught up in the fascination were the pair that they seemed suddenly unaware of each other?s existence.

Unbeknown to Obi-Wan and Kyrana, Qui-Gon and Lena calmly watched the pair, both silently thinking of ways to get their Padawans to start talking to each other. They had decided to do so before coming aboard the ship?yet it seemed both had mislaid their tongues.

?This is ridiculous!? Lena hissed, apparently already out of patience. To Qui-Gon, who felt he was finally learning what the younger Master was like, this seemed uncharacteristic of Lena. However he was willing to assume that her impatience was caused by her concern for Kyrana?s current welfare. ?How can we make them talk?? He tail swung sharply in the air, her face bristling with determination. ?There must be something we can do.?

Qui-Gon sighed. ?I too wish to give them a?nudge. But I don?t think it?s our place. They?ve got to decide this themselves and start the conversation themselves. Both of us know what out own Padawan is concerned about.? He paused for breath. ?Tell me Lena, will Kyrana learn anything from this experience if you go in there and initiate first contact between them?? Qui-Gon added in a more serious tone.

?She?s learning plenty.?

?Aside from the obvious things like what it?s like being a member of the opposite sex and why one should never steal things that contain alien power,? Qui-Gon?s eyes fell upon Obi-Wan, who was absently twirling a lock of Kyrana?s golden red hair around one finger while staring at the floor. ?They are learning about parts of themselves they have never given much consideration to before. They?re learning where their own faults lie. And?? Qui-Gon?s eyes narrowed as a certain degree of graveness crept into his tone, ??they?re going to have to search deep within themselves when everything is back to normal to make sure they overcome and control some of their less pleasant tendencies.?

Lena looked up at Qui-Gon. She had just seen a glimpse of the wisdom and understanding that was a source of his grand reputation. The mighty Qui-Gon Jinn was reputed to be the best fighter in the Jedi Temple and behind the brawn was a man of great intelligence and kindness. It suddenly reminded Lena of the age difference between her and Qui-Gon. She had many years to go until she had as much experience as Jinn.

??And hopefully one day we?ll all be able to look back at this time and laugh about it,? Qui-Gon?s voice registered in Lena?s consciousness and she realised she had missed some of his words. ?After all this situation does provide certain?comic opportunities.?

A grin tugged Lena?s mouth. ?Yes, there certainly are ?comic opportunities? here but I suggest we wait a while until we act out upon them. I don?t think our Padawans would be terribly forgiving if we started making a joke out of everything.?

?Indeed,? Qui-Gon said, but there was a twinkle of mirth deep within his blue eyes. ?But a tense situation can always be defused with a little humour.?

Lena chuckled and turned away from the Padawans. ?Oh, and is this a technique you often employ when defusing dangerous negotiations??

Qui-Gon walked away with Lena, ?Well, it?s a technique one must use rarely in order to use it properly.?

A little humour probably would have done wonders to loosen Obi-Wan?s frozen tongue. In his head he was running over numerous ways the conve

9. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    You evil evil person..... *glances over the edge of the cliff, sighs and jumps*

Just so you know, hanging onto this cliffhanger isn't exactly comfy, so POST SOON!!

And I know Laura has a computer, so there's no excuse not to post ;)

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OK, come on!!! You leave it at that and then you are going to go on holiday!!! *shakes fist*

Great post but an evil cliffie!!!

11. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] That... was... so... COOL!!! [face_love] I loved that post! [face_love] The ending was awesome (I'm so sadistic). The pathway is in thy dreams. :D And you leave us with this cliffy? [face_shocked] Now that is evil. I can't wait for more. Poor Obi... I wonder what happenes next?

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading you guys! ^_^ I know the cliffie was evil but I just couldn't resist ;)

Don't worry, I'll update as soon as I can when I get home...as soon as I'm over the jet lag of course lol ;)

*hugs and ropes to all* Don't wanna go losing my readers now. Hang in there guys ;)

13. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    *grabs one of the ropes* Thanks! Now where's the next post? ;)

LOL, word of advice here, but never read the last part of that post after watching Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker....It's an old (1993) Disney movie where they play 17th century witches who come back in the 1990s....Lot of "thou" and "thy" involved....But hey, it's a good movie!

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    M: LOL, word of advice here, but never read the last part of that post after watching Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker....It's an old (1993) Disney movie where they play 17th century witches who come back in the 1990s....Lot of "thou" and "thy" involved....But hey, it's a good movie!

Well I was going for a sense of ancient powers so thou, ye and so forth seemed to fit. But I see your point ;) lol!

Anyway good news people! I am back in my country and finally over the jetlag so a new post is in the works and shall be up within a week :D Thanks for being so patient :)

15. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Great story! I fell out of my chair laughing when obi had to deal with ... 'monthly' It's about time a man knew what us girls went through!

OOOOO! EVIL CLIFFIES! Though Im a sucker for a good cliffie...... Can't wait for the next post!

16. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
  17. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    am i the only one still reading?

UPPIES!!!

18. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm afraid there's a slight problem as far as an update's concerned.

There's a chance I might not be back online for a week. It's a long story but basically my aunt's moving in and our computers are swapped around and this one won't have the Internet for a little while and I can't use hers because it's for her work. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know :)

PadmeSolo00 thanks for your support! *hugs*

19. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    No internet!?!? [face_shocked] The horrors!!

But don't worry, we'll keep this UP for ya! ;)

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Looks like I'll have my personal Internet connection back this weekend (IF my brother comes over) so look for a post Sunday! :)

Thank you all for your patience :D *hugs and chocolate covered Obi*

;)

21. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    Oh no net?! the horror! oooo! the torment! Hopefully you'll have it settleed soon, can't wait for the next chapter!

22. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    So does that mean what I think it means? A new post soon?!? :D

I still don't know how you went so long without the 'net...Course, my computer only works when it wants to anyway....Am I the only one who thinks these things are evil? :confused:

23. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay, a post soon! I don't think I can hang here for much longer... :eek:

Looking forward to the new post! :D

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ohhh scary mesa loves scary :)

25. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    eww ominous voice talking to Obi-Wan that's not good. Love the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.