main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Changeover (JA - Obi's become...a girl!?!) *Finished! 18/12*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL, I guess a God type being wouldn't know that much about the Jedi [face_laugh]

And look! I read the post before it turned a week old! :D

And you know, you could always post BOTH endings.....Just a thought.... ;)

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah both endings that way we could pick which one we like best.

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for the feedback everyone :D

Crystal: Thanks :)

K_o_S: Thank you so much for commenting on the fight scenes. It means a lot coming from a great writer like you :)

ca_tron: Hmmm...you trying to figure out my plot? ;)

M: And look! I read the post before it turned a week old! Yeah, you go girl! :D

And post both endings? Hmmm...nah. can't do that.

Jenny: Thanks for reading :) Don't worry I'll choose the best ending when I get there.

Okay guys I'll see if I can get the next post up next week :)

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    All caught up and I'm met with yet another cliffie. I can't live like this you know!

*camps out*

I'm going to sit right here and wait until you post!

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Here is a link to my real life pic's if any one wants a look, plus some other pic's of my pets and gif's:

http://groups.msn.com/jennythejedigirlspictures/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

6. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen: No need to camp any longer!

This is it, the penultimate post? I know what ending I shall use and I hope to have it up soon :)

Changeover: Part Eleven

Sound surrounded Obi-Wan but he could neither see nor feel anything that could account for such noise.

Slightly confused, Obi-Wan allowed his ignited ?saber, which felt so odd in Kyrana?s too small hand, to fall to his side. He carefully threaded his way across the chamber and over to the door where every sound was coming from. As he reached the chamber?s entrance, he felt himself smack into an invisible wall and he fell backwards and hit the floor. His lightsaber scorched the aging stone beneath him and Obi-Wan decided to switch the blade off, certain that for now he did not need its protection despite the tricky barrier.

Rubbing his sore nose and forehead, Obi-Wan cautiously edged up to the invisible obstruction, his hand held out to stop himself unexpectedly taking another stroll right into it. He peered into the gloom that his eyes were unable to penetrate, waiting for some sort of sign that there was something beyond this vast hall and its blood-coated sacrificial altar.

He wanted to know that there was other life beyond this chamber created for the bringing about of death.

This challenge is not for you child. You have already completed the tasks the Deities have set before you.

Behind him, the room became a twisting vision but the sight was too unsettling for the eyes and Obi-Wan was forced to turn away for the sake of his stomach and his aching head. He looked once again to the doorway. Slowly, light began to spread from the bottom of the impassable portal. And when Obi-Wan?s eyes came to behold the sight in front of him, he became rigid with fear. He tried to move, tried to smash down the barrier keeping him in this place but he found himself unable to even blink when he desired to do so.

There was nothing he could do to help save his friend from the terror that was about to swoop down upon her.

Kyrana?s eyes were rooted to the hallway that at some obscure point in time, her Master, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had walked down into this huge chamber. A bright orange glow was growing with each footstep that thundered around her and Kyrana was already backing up as fast as she could on her injured leg without turning and fleeing. Her heartbeat sped up with each thumping footfall.

/I?m a Jedi. I should be able to control my fear! Why can?t I do that? Why can?t I stop panicking like this?/

Her logical, well-trained Jedi mind had all but shut down and disappeared. Anything even remotely resembling her usual Jedi self had packed up and fled before she had found herself in this debacle.

Don?t be afraid.

Kyrana whimpered and her knees gave way when the voice floated down to her from nowhere yet it seemed to be everywhere. She scooted back quickly on her knees before thrusting herself back to her shaking feet. She continued her backwards path until she collided painfully with the altar. She cried out and pushed herself off of the sacrificial table, fearing that some sort of magic would reach out and hold her there.

Don?t give in to the fear.

?Who are you? Why are you doing this to me??

Remember?

A huge shadow reared from the tunnel that led to this ominous place. Fear was like a vice around Kyrana?s chest, squeezing out the air. She bent over double and tried to catch her breath but never once did her terrified gaze leave the being of shadow that was emerging from the gloom ahead of her. Again she began shuffling backwards, trying with all her might to ignore the knot of terror tightening in her belly.

Don?t forget what you truly are.

Kyrana cried out when she hit another solid object. She thought it was some kind of creature preparing to attack her but as she spun around to see what had got in her way she was surprised to find herself facing a large, strong wall. That was odd, she could?ve sworn the chamber was far l

7. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Another great post!

I liked especially...

And then Kyrana flew, purpose putting increasing power behind the blows that hacked and tore the shadowy monster apart.

With a sharp gasp, she sensed the groping shadows barely before it was too late. She dodged left, then right, and skidded away from the stabbing shadows. The further she got into the dark corridor, the less light there was to penetrate the teeming shadows that pulled at her clothes, her body, her soul.

Also, I liked the thinking going on in Krana's mind.

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Kyrana made the wrong choice and now both of them will reap the reward of her blindness. That she could think that all that they had been through was solely Obi's fault meant that she hadn't learned anything except to be petty and unforgiving. Not something that a Jedi would do. And the powerful ones are about to do something bad. Will Kyrana even survive? Will Obi-Wan?

Looking forward to more...

9. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I hope that little brat of a Jedi has something horrible happen to her to teach her a lesson. It's not Obi's fault for getting into trouble. His future was pre-ordained.

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *mutters some well chosen curses*

If she thought she was acting a spolied rich girl then, I wonder what she is now. *rolls eyes* She needs a lesson, badly.

More soon! I need to find out the end!

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    The things i wanna call Kyrana i can't on these boards but belive me there not nice at all she is such a @$$ it's not even funny hopfully she will die stupid little child!

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Keeper: Thank you so much :D I'm glad you like Kyrana's odd thinking :)

Diane: Will Kyrana even survive? Will Obi-Wan?

Mwahahahahahaha! This is an AU so ANYTHING could happen [face_devil]

ca_tron: I hope that little brat of a Jedi has something horrible happen to her to teach her a lesson.

It won't be long until you find out the answer... [face_mischief]

Arwen: If she thought she was acting a spolied rich girl then, I wonder what she is now. *rolls eyes* She needs a lesson, badly.

lol, there are only too many words to describe her now ;)

Jenny: hopfully she will die stupid little child!

Gosh, you really don't like Kyrana do you? ;)

Thanks to all for reading. Last part shouldn't take too long... Damn it's just TOO much fun being the one who knows exactly what's going to happen next [face_devil]

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  15. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Up!

You must post more, soon!!! :D

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    (Dooku's voice) "Patience people, she will post."

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  18. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Apologies for the wait. College SUCKS.

I'll update this week, promise :)

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Lyrics are from Losing My Religion by REM but I also suggest listening to Linkin Park?s Faint for this fic ;)

Changeover: Part Twelve

That?s me in the corner,
    That?s me in the spotlight
    Losing my religion.
    Trying to keep a view.
    And I don?t know if I can do it
    Oh no I?ve said too much.
    I haven?t said enough.

Obi-Wan?s consciousness gathered itself quickly and he sat up, confusion written on his features. He found himself back in the sacrificial chamber, seated atop the altar.

?Get off that you idiot!?

Obi-Wan?s eyes sought out the annoyed voice and fell upon Kyrana, who stood a few metres away. It took Obi-Wan?s eyes a few seconds to register who he was looking at.

?We?re back?? he said quietly. ?We?re back!?

To confirm this, he patted himself down and found, to his joy, that he was most assuredly a male once again. Even the throbbing ache in his ankle wasn?t bad enough to dampen his relief.

Kyrana smiled faintly, as if she didn?t want to let the emotion out at all in his presence. ?Yes, everything?s finally back to normal. How about we get out of here now??

Obi-Wan nodded and slid off the altar. A few steps behind Kyrana, he followed her out into the hallway that would finally lead them back to the open air.

Something whispered deep in the Force.

?Kyrana wait??

She turned on her heel, hands on hips, face a mask of annoyance. ?What now??

He looked at her, worry creasing his brow. ?Don?t you feel that?? He placed a hand on the wall, to steady himself while he took weight off his twisted ankle. His eyes widened silently when he felt the walls themselves trembling. ?Something?s coming. Something?big.?

With a groan of exasperation, Kyrana groaned and turned away. ?Don?t start that again!? Impatience clawed at her heart. ?Let?s just get out of here. I want to forget this place and everything that happened inside.?

She had only taken a few rapid steps when it started to happen. The first tremor sent her stumbling to the wall. The second had her slumping to her knees. The third had her cowering as ancient masonry began raining down upon her.

Obi-Wan managed to keep his footing, although it was touch and go. Gritting his teeth in determination, he pressed forward, grasping Kyrana?s wrist and pulling her along with him. He said nothing, just focused on getting them both out before they were entombed alive.

/I hope our Masters aren?t trapped anywhere in here/ Obi-Wan thought, a weight sinking in his stomach.

Kyrana fell back to the ground, jarring Obi-Wan?s aching ankle with the sudden descent. Mercilessly, for he had had enough of treating her with respect that was never reciprocated, he yanked her arm and dragged her to her unsteady feet and marched on once again.

?Obi-Wan!? she gasped. ?Slow down!?

He didn?t even bother to attempt a smothering of his innate sarcasm. He stopped dead and rounded on her, regardless of the smashing stones around them. ?Do you want to get out of here now or would you rather take it slow and die?? His Master would be so disappointed if he heard Obi-Wan speak like that to someone but right now the Padawan didn?t give a damn. ?Your choice Kyrana!?

She was silenced by shock, her face a livid mask. Obi-Wan, realising he couldn?t push their luck much further, began tugging her along once again. The pair was tossed into walls and both fell painfully to their knees on numerous occasions but Obi-Wan always pushed onwards, dragging Kyrana along by the sweaty hand.

Daylight began to sparkle ahead and Obi-Wan allowed himself to feel hope. Nearly there. They were nearly there now.

?She?s out there!? Kyrana?s joyous voice blurted out from behind. ?Lena, she?s out there!?

She pulled her hand free of Obi-Wan?s and ran forward, expertly dodging the debris. Obi-Wan silenced his annoyance and chased after her, the journey easier now he didn?t have an almost deadweight to pull along with him.

Then it all stopped. Nothing fell and the dust started to settle. Obi-Wan almos

21. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    A great ending this was.

The atmosphere was very intense, and I love the detail in your writing?Even the throbbing ache in his ankle wasn?t bad enough to dampen his relief????..dragging Kyrana along by the sweaty hand.

You make the tale very realistic and easy for the reader to imagine. Especially with paragraphs like:

The pair was tossed into walls and both fell painfully to their knees on numerous occasions but Obi-Wan always pushed onwards, dragging Kyrana along by the sweaty hand.

The ceiling was trembling. Large, thick cracks were chasing themselves along the stonework in a race, little pieces of shrapnel tumbling down as they fell free of the roof.

Moment over, Obi-Wan started running again, sharp bursts of pain screaming up his leg as he went.

?Kyrana move! Move! The ceiling?s about to cave in!?

The ground beneath his feet was splintering, shattering like fragile bones. It fell away, piece by piece, revealing nothing but an abyss of blackness. Obi-Wan stumbled back and tore his eyes away, searching for some other means of escape.

The characters feeling were well portrayed through?.

confusion written on his features

Kyrana smiled faintly

With a groan of exasperation, Kyrana groaned

Gritting his teeth in determination,

She was silenced by shock, her face a livid mask.

tore his eyes away, searching for some other means of escape.

?You will suffer for everything you have done to me. You won?t know when, but it will happen.?

With one powerful, swift wrench, Kyrana tore the braid off and tossed it away.

And before Qui-Gon could stop her, Kyrana turned and ran. There was nothing he could do. She had fallen.

Terrific ending. A bit sad, but very powerful.

Keep the good stories going!

22. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :eek: I just knew something bad was going to happen. Poor girl, she's gone through to much.

ah but one question. why didn't her master just Force push her away from it?

23. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    [face_shocked] I'm not sure which is more shocking -the actually ending or the fact that it's done!

And poor Obi gets blamed for everything doesn't he?

And you know what that means: Torture time!!

Sequel please? [face_puppydogeyes]

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    This was a great ending, but i had a feeling it would end with her turning she just has to much anger in her now, and i went back and read the other stories going with this one, she was at one time a sweet girl now she's a dark jedi, who would of known :_| :_| :_|
    :_| :_|

~Does puppy dog eyes too please when you have the time please write a squeal i'll be there to read it :D [face_devil]

25. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    :eek:

Awesome ending, Ginger! Nice to know that my Obi's back in his own body. [face_love]

But wow, very shocking. Great job! I loved it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.