Lit Changes ahead for SW comics ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BaronNoir, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronNoir Force Ghost

star 1
    Very simply : Disney own Marvel publishing.

Certain outcome ; it would be very surprising that Disney (sub)license the very lucrative SW license they purchased for 4 billion to a competitor in the comic books market, when they bought Marvel for 4 billion.

Probable outcome : could we see new lines of comic, such as, I dunno, Marvel Star Wars (which was weird, but was very creative at times). Also, there is something that I like about American comics (they don't do this in manga or French comics...) : crossovers. Imagine for instance a cross-over like ''Black Widow became an Emperor Hand and have to infiltrate a Hutt slaving ring, while of course wearing all the time the infamous outfit'' (1)

(1)What, this is not more ludicrous than many Marvel crossovers (or the overall Avengers storyline) and this stuff is well liked....

RF: Redirecting to the existing "Future of Dark Horse Comics" thread.
    Last edited by Rogue_Follower, Nov 3, 2012
  2. Adrian the Cool Jedi Master

star 3
    Always in motion the future is.
    OK, I imagine it... THIS WOULD BE NONSENSE!
  3. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Black Widow looks to much like Mara Jade for that to work
    Zorrixor likes this.
  4. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd rather finish grieving before we start discussing comic changes.
  5. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Like with Marvel, I imagine Disney is not going to actively interfere much with LFL's business as long as profits roll in - it's the fact that they own Marvel, and that Marvel probably wants the Star Wars license, that will probably end up causing DHC to lose the license, sadly enough....

... of course, one would have to wonder about the possibility of Dark Horse being bought out... [face_thinking]
  6. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    If that happens, I may need to have myself committed.
  7. Darth_Martus Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    No crossovers please... oh please god no.
    Zorrixor likes this.
  8. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Please, no, that's a horrifying thought. [face_sick] No offense, but Marvel's crossover events are bad enough on their own already (what should we do this year? Let's have the heroes beat each other up again! Then we can reuse the "who side are you on" tag line again and make at least two variant covers for every issue, and make both sides look really mean for "moral ambiguity" while the villains get to laugh at everyone).

Short of Dark Horse being bought out (which is also a somewhat scary thought), I don't see them keeping the Star Wars license by 2015 at the latest. With a new movie scheduled by then, Star Wars will probably be at one of its few really high visibility moments so not sure Marvel would not want the license by then.

Though can never tell what crossovers will happen. Heck, they did a Transformers/Avengers comic crossover once which was quickly forgotten by everyone involved, which was the best for everyone really.
    Darth_Martus and Zorrixor like this.
  9. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Star Wars: Civil War - Chewie Vs Han - whose side are you on?

Jedi Disassembled - Luke quits, the Jedi dissolve after.... something improbable happens

New Jedi - the band is put back together again

Jedi Vs Everyone - the galaxy decide to exterminate the Jedi, blaming them that they have to do it!
  10. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.