main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes (aka The Mutation)-A Kenobi Twin fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Aug 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 27
    Ava paced back and forth, waiting for the Healer. How had this happened? They had told her that she had woke up with stomache cramps that rapidly got worse. Then she collapsed. That's when they had called her. She glanced up at the chronometer. It had been an hour all ready. What was taking so long? Just when she was about to barge into the room, demanding to be told something, a Healer Apprentice finally walked out. She bowed to Ava before speaking.
    "Master Peddra, Healer Taka would like to see you." Ava hurriedly followed the girl into one of the examination rooms. Healer Taka looked up.
    "Ava, there is something I need to show you." He flipped a switch, revealing 2 differnt X-Holos. He pointed to the first one. "We took some x-holos to see what was causing Padawan Kenobi the painful stomach cramps. This is one we took of her chest last month when she came down with the Katern Flu. Everything is perfectly normal, as you can see. He then moved to show her the 2nd holo." She looked at it in shock. You could hardly make out which organs were which, all were almost completely deformed. "This is what we took half an hour ago. Everythings changed in ways that weren't meant to be. Kadi was somehow transformed into a bird-fish-human hybrid. Now, the organs of these 3 different organisms were never made to be combined. The combination that was made can't function properly." He paused, not sure if he should continue.
    "What are you not saying?"
    "I'm sorry Master Peddra, but your Padawan is dying."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, short. More tomorrow!! Please keep this up until then.

2. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Alright you are making her suffer.

3. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    As Obi-Wan would say:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Make her alwrigth i can stand her suffering!
    This is getting better by the post!(Except for Kadi that is)

4. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    ACK! Dying!?!?!?!

5. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Dis is not good...

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, I know I said I would have a post up today, but I just found out that we are going to be busy tonight. If we get home early enough, I hope to post the next part, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I pormise there will be some up tomorrow. Please keep this up.

7. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Umm sure. You better keep your promise.

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey, once again, I did the exact opposite of what I had planned. I managed to type this out quickly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 28
    Ava took a step back, feeling like she had just been punched in the stomache.
    "What?" She managed to say. It was the only thing she could think of right then.
    "Your Padawan's body is slowly shutting down, one organ at a time. We are trying our best to make an antidote to the drug traces we found in her blood. Still, it doesn't look good." Ava nodded numbly. This couldn't be happening. "I suggest you stay with her for her...remaining time. Its going to painful for her." Once again, Ava nodded, then turned and walked out of the room. Everything felt like a dream. She quietly walked into her Padawan's new room. Once again, she had been moved. She was in a bed, with several monitors hooked up to her. Kadi was staring blankly at a wall, unmoving.
    "Padawan?" She called softly. Kadi jumped and turned her head towards the voice, her eyes searching. Ava immediately noticed they weren't focusing on her.
    "Master?" Kadi asked, fear in her voice. Ava rushed over, taking a seat by her Padawan.
    "I'm here Kadi, just rest." She whispered, trying to keep her voice steady. She squezzed the girls hand reassuringly.
    "Master I...I can't see you. And I can't fell my tail either." She said in a terrified whisper. Then, she somehow met her eyes. "I"m dying, aren't I?"
    "Your going to be fine, Kadi." She said firmly, more to herself then to her Padawan.
    "Master, you haven't ever lied to me. Please don't start." Ava took a deep breath, tears forming in her eyes.
    "Yes, Padawan." Kadi closed her eyes. A tear slowly slipped out.
    "I'm scared." She whispered as more tears fell. Her shoulders began shaking with silent sobs. Ava got onto the bed and pulled her into a hug. The girlhugged back in a death grip, letting her sorrow finally come out.
    "Kadi, remember, I will stay with you always, no matter what." She whispered into her ear as she drifted off into a restless sleep.

Let me know what you think!

9. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Remember to make her suffer for a prolonged period.

I want to see how Obi-wan takes to his sister dieing.

10. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    I want Kadi to be alwright,like she will!
    Sorry it´s just that Kadi is one of my fav charecters in fan fic!

11. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    u can kill her of!!!!!!! I really like her in fics!!!!! Shes a great character!!!! and this is going to kill our sweet obi!!!!! please post more soon so we can see what good will come@!!!!!@!@!@!@!$?$#$@>$#@>> :(

12. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    *How will I start, tomorrow without you here?
    Who's heart will guide me, when all the answers disappear?
    Is it too later, are you too far gone to stay.
    Best friends forever, should never have to go away.
    What will I do, you know I'm only half without you.
    How will I make it through?*
    (I'm not sure what the title of this song is or who sings it. It belongs to some record company, not me.)

Chapter 29
    Obi-Wan quickly followed his Master down the hall towards the Infirmary. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he realized this was one of the times when he actually wanted to get to the Infirmary as quick as possible. But, he didn't pay attention to his thought. He was thinking of his sister. Master Peddra hadn't given them much information when she had called. She had only said the Kadi was with the Healers. They rushed through the Infirmary doors and down the hall to where Master Ava was standing. She looked awful as she paced back and forth. She stopped when she felt them approach.
    "Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, thank you for coming." She said with relief.
    "How's Kadi?" He immediately asked, forgetting about being polite. Neither Master noticed.
    "She isn't doing well." Ava's eyes took on a look of pure sorrow, making Obi-Wan's heart freeze. She looked at him, tears in her eyes, trying to find the right words. "Obi-Wan, her organs are beginning to shut down. I'm afriad she is dying." Obi-Wan wanted to yell, to deny what she had just said, to scream that she was lying to him. But...in his heart, he knew it was true. The horrible dream was actually reality. And nothing could change that.
    "The Healers are trying their best to come up with an antidote, but have made no progress. I'm afraid by the time they make something..." Ava's voice faded away. Qui-Gon knew she was about to snap.
    "Obi-Wan, why don't you sit with Kadi for awhile. We'll join you shortly."
    "Yes Master." Obi-Wan instantly replied. Inside though, he was shaking. He didn't want to watch his sister die. Didn't want to watch one of the most important people in his life wither away to nothing. But he needed to brave for her. Taking a deep breath, he walked in. She looked so frail and small surrounded by all the monitors. For a moment, his heart stopped. She already looked dead. Feeling like he was in a dream, he took a seat by her bed and took one of her limp hands into his. "Kadi?" He asked gently. Nothing. She lay there, silent. The only thing that told him she was awake was the slow, steady rising of her chest as she breathed and the beeping of the heart monitor. Closing his eyes, he reached across their bond. Her prescence was weak, fading away slowly. Suddenly, he felt her weakly squeeze his hand. His eyes flew open.
    "Kadi?"
    "Hi Obi." She whispered, her voice hoarse. It pained him to see her eyes try to focus on his face. She gave up and closed them once again. Soon, she was once again unconscious. He felt several tears fall down his cheeks. How was he going to survive the next day without her? This wasn't supposed to happen. His shoulders began to shake as he silently cried. His grip tightened on her hand. There was nothing he could do. Nothing. All he could do was watch as she was slowly sucked down the whirlpool.

Tell me what you think!!!

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ohhh! Waaaahaaaaahaaaaa! :( (You made me cry. *sniff sniff*)
    Pleeeeze let Kadi be okay! Poor Kadi! And poor Obi! And poor Ava, losing another padawan would be too much. Boohoohooo!

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's a short post.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 30
    All I knew was pain. Every cell in my body felt like it was on fire. It hurt to breathe, hurt to move, even
    hurt to think. I wanted to die. My stomache rumbled, reminding me just how hungry I was. But I couldn't eat. My stomache couldn't hold anything down. No fluids or food of any kind. My tail and wings were completely paralyzed. I coulnd't feel or move either. I was lucky to still be able to move my arms. I grimaced as another wave of pain hit me. Throwing up my shields so my Master wouldn't feel it, I waited as it went back to being almost endurable. I sighed, wincing at the pain that caused, and let myself fall back to sleep. It would be over soon.

Well? Comments please. :)

15. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Just upping this. More later.

16. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    I cant stand it!
    More please?

17. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I know, I told you I would post another part, but I got sidetracked. We rented Dragonheart:A New Beginning and I forgot about writing. The only good thing about this is I got a new idea for a new story. More tomorrow. :)

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Holy Sith Monkies!!!!!

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 31
    A day later, Kadi was still fading fast. Ava grabbed her robe, ready to head back to the Healers. They had practically thrown her out of the Infirmary to get some rest and something to eat. Just then, the com-unit beeped. She sighed and moved to answer it. She had already been detained for awhile by people calling to see how Kadi was doing. She was surprised to find that it was the Healer.
    "Ava, its time." Was all he said solemnly, before signing off. But she was already out the door, running towards the Infirmary. She semi-consciously contacted Qui-Gon to tell them to get to the Healers. Kadi was going.

I'm sorry it took so long and its so short. I've joined the new all girl squadron. More later.

20. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    I´ll wait.I joined the squadron too!

21. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Cliff hanger here. To die or not to die that is the question that I need to recieve the answer to.

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ava managed to slow down to a walk in front of Kadi's door. Taking a deep breath, she walked in. Kadi had gone deathly pale and her skin now had taken on a yellowish tint, signalling that her kidneys were failing. She winced, listening to her Padawan breathe. Each breath was a struggle for her, and she made this kind of whistling noise when she took a breath. Feeling tears well up in her eyes, she moved to her side. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan slipped in silently at that moment. They went to stand at Kadi's other side. Obi-Wan took his sister's hand in his.
    "Padawan?" She said softly.
    "Master?" Kadi whispered hoarsely, breaking into a coughing fit.
    "Yes. Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are also here." Kadi turned her head towards them, though she couldn't see them. She tried to squeeze Obi-Wan's hand, but failed. Obi-Wan returned the squeeze.
    "Hey Kadi." He said trying to smile. A ear slid down his cheek. Kadi gasped as another wave of pain hit her body. She began coughing hard. Ava felt so helpless. There was nothing she could do for her Padawan but hold her hand and wait for the pain and cough to subside for a time. Kadi turned her head back towards her Master.
    "Master." Kadi managed to whisper between coughs. Ava understood. It was time to say goodbye.
    "I love you, Padawan." She whispered, as the tears began to slowly fall down her cheeks.
    "Love....you....both" Kadi's eyes drifted closed, her head lay still on her pillow. She drifted off into a sleep she would never awaken from. Ava lowered her head, the tears freely falling, as she felt her Padawan's hand go limp.
    "Kadi, no." Obi-Wan saidqueezing his sisters limp hand. "Please...don't go." Tears fell down his face as sobs began to rack his body. Qui-Gon found that tears fell down his cheeks as well. He knelt down by his Padawan and pulled him away into a comforting embrace. The boy fell into his arms, crying hard.
    Ava felt like she was in a haze as the Healers ran in, hooking up various machines to her Padawan. She had been told, from the very beginning, that Kadi would fall into a coma before she died. They had hopes that they could make an antidote before the virus reached her brain, but it didn't seem likely. To her, her Padawan was gone. Forever.
    More later. COMMENTS PLEASE!

23. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    If the disease hits her brain then I say it would probably be humane to kill her. Who wants to live with brain damage?

24. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

25. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This is getting sooooooooooo good Kadi. Please post more. I need to know what happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.