main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes Still Be Made For The Next Release

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Deimos_Skywalker, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deimos_Skywalker

Deimos_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Now, let's start this topic with a few famous ones...

Fix ALL the sabres to match individual colour, intensitiy and smooth out the power up and down frames

Fix ALL the matte lines

Emperors Slug Bye Bye

---

Remember, this thread is not for the posting of personal remarks i.e people who wanna see a senate dissolving scene or an Alderaan pre-explosion scene

It's for the current editions and any errors or old dated effects that are still there

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Remove green shirted crew member from Falcon.

Remove/Fix voiceless Vader gesturing to Tarkin.

3. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    1.Fix the lightsabers.
    2.Remove matte lines.
    3.Enhance the Emperor's lightning.
    4.Fix the frame rate when the doors open and close.
    5.Fix the frame rate when a lightsaber is turned on and off.
    6.Enhance the blasters.
    7.Enhance all the computers on the Death Star,rebels bases,cockpits,and vehicles.
    8.Remove blood of arm that Obi cuts off in ANH.
    9.Enhance TESB vader holgram.
    10.Blacken Vader's eye lens,so we don't see his eyes at times.
    11.Fix Boba Fett's jet-pack.

4. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Why would you remove the blood from the arm that Obi-Wan cuts off? Because of cauterization? You could always just say that whatever type of alien that is, its wounds don't cauterize.

5. Starwars_1977-2005

Starwars_1977-2005 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    Few things to change IMO, but :

-Fix lightsaber shots in ANH.

-Fix explosions : they tweaked the explosions for the new edition, and some now look more grey-ish, with some kind of blue, pixelised circle around it (DS1 explosion is an exemple).

6. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    The blood just doesn't look good anymore in that scene.

Also the explosion from the first Death Star looks too white,they should put some more color into it.

7. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I would take away the shockwave from the Death Star explosion to distinguish it from Alderaan. Make the blast bigger as well.

8. BJPE1

BJPE1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    The battle of Yavin

30 fighters going to the battle 3 come out aside from the falcon... How many do we see get shot down? 6 or 7? what happend to the rest they could do more dog fights ?

My biggest fix would be the trench run. Watch it when Vader and his boys are flying after the Xwings. You will notice that when you are looking fron the xwings to the rear, vader and co can not be seen even though the camera angle is slightly above the xwings. Yet when you are looking from inside vader's craft towards the Xwings you can they are rather close to them. Then also when the camera is looking from behind the ties towards the xwings the xwings are not there either. odd

But honestly who gives they are on DV frinken D finally I be a happy camper

9. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Replace the computer display at the Yavin Base briefing. I still laugh seeing the Death Star in its' early "eyeball" configuration. [face_laugh]

10. SueB

SueB Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    Restore the trumpet fanfare at the beginning of the Last Battle sequence.

One of my fave movie music cues ever, and now it just ain't there!

11. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    Besides the changes already said have Ian and Temmy redo their lines both are great actors but they were crap in the ESB DVD.

Ciao!

12. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Shouldn't all these changes have been made already? Wasn't this what the DVD editions were for in the first place?

13. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I agree with all of the above.

Especially matte lines and lightsabres.

14. seekaedigital

seekaedigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2003
    Perhaps When ROTS has been completed ( and thus no more suprises left) George may put more changes in all films and release them in one big box set. Changes I would love to see, apply to all films except where noted.

1. All Lightsabers replaced to match Prequel quality

2. Chewbacca should receive a medal in A new hope

3. All Computer read outs should match Prequel quality. All aliens should have blinking eyes to look more real.

4. Chuck in a couple of modifed/painted white Naboo fighters in the battle of ANH.

5. Fix that blue thing seen near the escape pod in desert.

6. Fix the lightsaber ignition stage, no jump scenes.

7. Make the vader/Obi fight more exciting, using real stunt doubles. Since this is the final fight between master and student it should be grander.

8. When the death star explodes, it shouldnt just go bang and its gone. The explosion should erupt inside, chain effect, bits blowing out here and there and then bang, debris every where.

9. Make the battle of Hoth Huge. Like ATOC end battle. More imperial ground troops fighting rebels in the field.

10. Re composite all bluescreen shots to get better coloring.

11. Make the rancor have animated eyes and perhaps blink

12. Fix jabba some how, not re do him but on the close up of his skins smooth it out to make look more real not so plastically.

15. RednepSuS

RednepSuS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    The changes I need to be completely happy with my Star Wars movie collection.

-Fix the lightsabers.
    -Remove matte lines.
    -Fix the framejumps when the doors open and close and when the lightsabers are turned on and off.
    -Blacken Vader's eye lens, so we don't see his eyes at times.
    -Remove explosions over modelkits and redo with CGI.

Why didn't they do all this for this DVD edition?

:(

16. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Fix the, here they come, sequence from ANH, by replacing all tie fighters with CGI ones, but match the same movements, don't make it too radically different.

I almost wanna say replace the entire asteroid sequence in Empire with CGI, after seeing the bonus menu intro, wow!, they could do a scene like that so much better today, but I still like the old version, there's something magical about it, aside from a few mattboxes here and there, which should be fixed and the entrance of the space slug cave. You see a little silver ball or something on the right side of the screen, erase that.

17. RednepSuS

RednepSuS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Yeah, they could recreate all this kind of things with CGI and it would be FANTASTIC, but that won't happen.

Again, :(.

18. JoeStax

JoeStax Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2004
    I agree about the light sabers in "A New Hope." It seems to me to be a do-able process.

Also, I'd digitally add blinking lights to Vader's chestplate.

I'd also add a couple of the unused "Imperial March" cues from "Empire", particularly when Vader boards Tantive IV.

As for the next release, obviously the DVDs will need to be remasted for the high-definition versions. So they might as well do another pass.

19. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    A New Hope:
    1)cgi out {Vader's}David Prowse's eyes so you don't see them in certain shots
    2)Han shoots Greedo ..Period
    3)In the Jabba/Han scene added in 97 as Boba Fett walks away..have new dialogue of him saying "see you soon Solo"
    4)CGI a new Tusken raiders scene where they don't show the made up elephant being ridden.
    ESB:
    1)As much as I respect the original work of ILM..the
    AT-AT's and Tauntauns need a massive update,they just look to stop animated compared to current movie technology.and add a new scene showing the Empire delivering the AT-AT's in massive drop ships!
    2)My biggest peeve.. return Luke's original line to R2 after he was spit from the swamp monster's mouth to
    "Your lucky you don't taste very good" from the lame "you were lucky to get out of there"
    3)James Earl Jones voice newly added in the 97 edition sounds slow and offbeat compared to the rest of the film [the scene after his battle with Luke on cloud City."Alert my star destroyer" dialoge

RoTJ
    1)The original Jabba palace song
    2)Skimpier slave outfit on Leia :)~
    3)CGI out the EWOKS!
    4)CGI in Ewan McGregor too since we're changing the ending with the older Obi Wan and Anakin {Shaw} {The Anakin died young is a load of BS if you change one,change them both his body aged... period despite his name and personality changes

20. JediGoo

JediGoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    But Obi Wan died at that age..people have stated that Anakin died when he became Vader..

21. at528

at528 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2003
    ANH:
    -Fix Luke's lightsaber. In the DVD edition it goes from blue to green, back to blue and then green again. My friends and I were just watching it and it's very obvious when he's training with the blast shield that it switches throughout the scene.

-It's much better than in the Special Edition, but Jabba needs some more work. A dryer texture would help a lot. Also his mouth (namely the tounge) doesn't look right.

-HAN SHOOTS. That's it. Don't even show the blast, he just fires under the table.

ESB:
    -Put the original Palpatine scene back in. It has a much darker feel to it. The new scene not only looks bad, but Ian's reading is not anywhere near his usual quality.

-Put Boba's voice back. Even if he's a clone, he wouldn't have the same voice as Jango.

-Everything else in Empire is perfect. Why perfection would ever be meddled with, I'll never know...

ROTJ:
    -Get rid of the silly musical number in Jabba's palace. It just doesn't fit.

-On the commentary GL alluded to adding this, so I'll mention it. Have Boba crawl out of Sarlac. Just have it in the background, not a prominant thing, just something to spot.

-Put the original ending/celebration music back. It always seemed much more fitting.

22. DARTHJOSHSAN

DARTHJOSHSAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    my personal changes would be:
    -light sabers fixed to match PT
    -Bleeding arm, make it not so bleeding
    -maybe tageting on X wings & ties have sort of 3-D blue little ships and turn red when are in range
    -death star plans more better
    -frame jumps fixed
    -blinking aliens
    -3 more brand new music tracks one for each film
    -chuck in some old beat up ships from PT( naboo star fighter, jedi starfighter)into ANH & ROTJ
    -make ROTJ jabba slide though a door when han is brought out of carbon freezing( as GL said how he really wanted it in the commaty)

make it for a six episode box set, with two bonus dvds one PT and one ST

23. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    Them damn lightsabers... may the force be with them sometime soon!

24. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Right, they should -

Make all sabers look the same colour and get rid of the whitesaber

Update all the computer screens in ships

Update the Death Star plans

Add holograms to the controls from the Star Destroyers

Smooth out sound problems, like the lightsaber-de-ignite sound from ESB, which sounds before Luke de-ignites the saber after leaving the cave.

Make the Ian McDiarmind hologram look more rough

Remove pinkness in lightsaber!

Make the aliens look real, add slobber and blinking

Put the Boba scene in, escaping the sarlacc

Add CGI ewoks!

Make the Hayden ghost look as whispy and smoky as the other two

25. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    "Smooth out sound problems, like the lightsaber-de-ignite
    sound from ESB, which sounds before Luke de-ignites
    the saber after leaving the cave."