main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes Still Be Made For The Next Release

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Deimos_Skywalker, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    ANH
    -Fix Luke's "Whitesaber"
    -Correct matte problems with TIEs (make them CGI if needed).
    -Reinstate the Force Theme back into first dive into the Death Star.
    -Correct the reversed rear channel problem.
    -Han shoots first (that'll at least shut up 50% of the SE detractors).

ESB
    -Fix the transparency problems during the Hoth battle.
    -Reinstate "You're lucky you don't taste very good."
    -Either reinstate the original Boba Fett voice, or re-record Temura Morrison because he sounds rushed when he did Boba's lines.
    -Delete the whole mess with Vader walking to his shuttle and the Executor.

ROTJ
    -Despite the extra Oola, "Jedi Rocks" needs to go, "Lapti Nek" was cooler anyway.
    -Reinstate "It's alright, trust me."

2. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I agree with fixing lightsabers and matte lines......but seriously, all GL has to do is turn the Trilogy back into the O-OT. DESTROY THE CHANGES!! GO BACK TO WHEN STAR WARS WAS PURE!!!

back when Han shot first.......

3. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    I never wanna see them damn ancient original OT again!
    Fix everything until it looks like it´s been made today!
    I demand perfection!

4. jbtilley

jbtilley Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    ANH
    ------------
    1) Change it to where Han Shoots first.
    2) Remove the stupid Jabba scene. Seriously. Jabba <i>just</i> had a bount hunter try to kill him. Why are they all buddy buddy in this scene. It would be like the Godfather putting out a contract on someone and then the Godfather himself runs into the guy. The guy kicks the Godfather in the shins a couple of times and the Godfather just sits there and takes it.

JEDI
    ------------
    1) Old celebration song.
    2) Old Jabba palace song. What is up with the "Special" edition song?

Basically put everything back to how it was. I don't even care if an original version has no fixes. None.

5. SueB

SueB Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    I'd be perfectly happy if he put out both the new, even-more-fixed-up *and* the O-OT versions next time. That way, he wouldn't have to do things like restore Han shooting first or the fanfare if he didn't wantto, they'd be on the O-OT. He'd get the money for the O-OT instead of the bootleggers, fans could legally buy the version(s) they wanted, and we'd all be satisfied.

I have this sneaking suspicion that this is what will happen-that when the 30th anniversary rolls around, he'll announce that he's 'giving in to fans' demands' and putting the O-OT out on DVD as a way to mark the anniversary. He won't want to, of course, but then he didn't want to release the new DVDs this early either, and he did it anyway. Maybe it'll be a bare-bones release in conjunction with an SE/PT six-pack or something.

OK, I admit it's probably highly unlikely, but if it happened, it wouldn't surprise me. It's his last move to truly thwart the bootleggers.

I guess in three years, we'll see!

Sue :)

6. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I agree with fixing the lightsabers, matte lines, Emperor's slugs, etc..

Also, put Vader's "Bring my shuttle!" line back in ESB.

7. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
  8. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    the #1 thing that needs to be updated is the obi/vader fight. its the only fight in the whole saga that is out of place.

The new generation will laugh at this scene and i can already tell you that they have. I've shown my cousin ep 1 and 2, and loved the fights.

But when they saw obi and vader fight they laughed. "why are they so slow?"

Its even gonna suck more when we see how cool of a fight obi and anakin are gonna have in episode 3. Imagine watching the movies 1-6. And after episode 3 your like "wow anakin must be really mad at obi wan. I'd hate to see what vader is gonna do to obi wan when they meet again"

Ep 4 "oooo ooo Vader is gonna fight obi wan. This is gonna be good.....No cool music? its ok this fights gonna be cool. Here they goooo!!!!!.......ummm speed it up. very funny Vader. dont act so calm, kick butt.....ben what are you doing? thats it?"

So in short...... change the dam fight. Put in stunt doubles since anakin is behind the mask and ben has his hood up, you can't see the actors faces anyways.

oooo plus add some music.

9. JediGoo

JediGoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    I have this sneaking suspicion that this is what will happen-that when the 30th anniversary rolls around, he'll announce that he's 'giving in to fans' demands' and putting the O-OT out on DVD as a way to mark the anniversary. He won't want to, of course, but then he didn't want to release the new DVDs this early either, and he did it anyway. Maybe it'll be a bare-bones release in conjunction with an SE/PT six-pack or something.

I wish..but you forget that GL likes to rebel against whats popular and whats elite and whats in control..so in other words, if he didn't bow down to Fox during ESB, or any of the films when his money was getting sucked dry, and if he somehow negotiated to have all the rights..I highly doubt he would give into fan's demands.

10. dorkyfresh

dorkyfresh Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2003
    The one thing I've wanted to be changed that has ALWAYS bugged me and that I can't believe they left in was...

...the black blur that's on the Emperor's hood while he's trying to convince Luke to turn to the dark side. I can't believe that with the technology they have and all the new things they've put in...they couldn't even fix THAT.

11. simpsonjedi

simpsonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Someone explain the "Emperor's slugs" to me? I have never gotten where that was coming from and after all these years,I need to know so I can be pi$$ed about it too.

12. donarumo

donarumo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Here's all the very realistic changes that would be required for me to enjoy these films.

Replace all actors with modern actors instead of people from the 70s and 80s.

Change the plot so it's cooler.

Make Luke taller and Leia chestier.

Change the last hour of Jedi so the rebels are attacking Coruscant instead of a new death star.

Boba flies out of the pit.

Mix in a song or two by Radiohead or Cold Play.

Add all planets from the EU to somewhere in some of the movies.

Have A New Hope directed by Robert Zemeckis.

13. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    With my TV THX Calibrated from the DVD(as you all should do) I see NO matte lines and NO slugs. So only one thing needs changing now:

- Luke's saber on Falcon.

EEEEEVERYTHING I ever wanted fixed from SE other than that is on this DVD.

14. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    What I'd like to be changed:

- All lightsabers updated to prequel quality, and activation animation in ANH smoothed.
    - Any matt-lines or boxes that are left to be removed.
    - Some of the explosion colour problems in the DVDs to be fixed.
    - The Emperor's slugs removed
    - Vader's eyes blacked out in ANH.
    - Perhaps some of the Imperial March in ANH, but not too much - just a bit here and there. The score is fine as it is, but it'd be nice to have one or two references to it.
    - In the scene where Luke, Biggs and Red Leader talk in the hangar in ANH, when the man walks in front of the camera, Artoo suddenly jumps position on the right - fix this.
    - Fix the blue circle on the escape pod in ANH.
    - The Force Theme returned to the front speakers in that trench run scene in ANH - I understand that it was a stylistic decision, but not all of us have home cinema systems, and I prefer the way it used to be.

And maybe even a mole added to Obi-Wan's face, to make him look more like Ewan McGregor ... ;)

15. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    ANH:
    CG lights on Vader's chest plate.
    Fix jumps from doors and lightsabers.
    Replace all computer screens with better graphics, especially the Death Star plans.
    CG ext. shot of the Falcon moving through remains of Alderaan.
    Shots of stunt doubles fighting and dynamic music in Obi-Wan vs. Vader duel.
    CG ext. long shot of Battle Of Yavin to get a sense of scale.
    ESB:
    CG more troops in Battle of Hoth
    Reinstate "You're lucky you don't taste very good." and "Bring my shuttle".
    ROTJ:
    Emperor's slugs
    Shots of stunt doubles to add a minute or so to Luke vs. Boba Fett battle.
    Add more planets to end Celebration.

16. JesterHead1651

JesterHead1651 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    the way the re-realesed them are better then they used to be....stop complaining about the smallest issues. the way they are are the way george wants them to be, and there is a reason for it. if u guys were true star wars goers you would know what it is but obviously your not so you have to complain about every little thing. by the way all these things about making this cg and that cg...CG IS GOING TO KILL HOLLYWOOD

17. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Look we have one group of you that hate all the changes and another that are not happy and want even more changes.
    I think Lucas should leave them alone now make no more changes nor should he release the old old trilogy.
    The trilogy now has a perfect picture close to perfect sound matte boxes around ships are not visable if you have you television settings correct.
    If Lucasfilm was to do every little fix on peoples lists here some of you morons would still find problems.

18. JesterHead1651

Apr 14, 2004
    thank you sharkboy you got that point across nicely

19. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Hey, at the end of the day, I'm happy with whatever George sees as the final versions - they're his films, and if these DVDs are the final ones, then so be it - these are easily my favourite versions of them, and I'm very, very happy with them. If he makes more changes in the future, I'm already excited to see what they might be. This thread is not a serious demand to Lucasfilm to change things, like signing a pointless online petition or anything like that - it's called FUN. That's why we're in the forums in the first place to talk about SW, for fun. We're just talking about what we'd like to see in the future. If we don't see any of them, fine - they're not our movies. That doesn't mean we can't talk about them and share our ideas, though.

20. TheCat

TheCat Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Luke in the gun turrett dogfight scene - I can't believed they haven't added a star background and laser canon shots yet.

21. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Yes I agree we are free to discuss these things but its just seems like many of you will never be happy.
    The sabers during the obi wan vader dual have been fixed this is an inprovemant Lukes saber on the falcon has not been fixed I can live with it this is the only real fault I can find in the trilogy now.
    One fault in three movies come on just enjoy the DVDS I just cant get over how empire strikes back looks now I use to think the grain was part of the movie I did not think what was done for this movie on dvd was possable.

22. IamDarthNash

IamDarthNash Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2004
    I am very happy with the new DVD versions....although the only thing that stands out are the black and white explosions...why are they there? a mistake?
    Anyways...After reading all of the proposed changes here, there are a few issues that I never noticed, and probably never would have unless I read about them here....
    Thanks alot guys....
    I was being sarcastic.

--Nash

23. JesterHead1651

Apr 14, 2004
    yea i really love the trilogy i like worship it im extremely happy they finally came out with it ive been waiting years for it since i got a dvd player but i just hate when people bash lucas

24. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    You all know what? Here all I think they need to do to these movies:
    1) Bring all of the OT special effects up to the exact same quality that we have seen demonstrated in the PT.
    2) Bring the overall continuity and quality of the OT up to the exact same standards that we have seen demonstrated in the PT.
    That's all. I know they're kind of vague, but I think these two cover all of the ESSENTIAL changes to the movies that we have been asking for. Any extra changes are up to Lucas.

25. MoldyBread

MoldyBread Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    I think they need to change the sabers so that all of them are at the same quality as Luke's on the Falcon. That goes for all the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.