main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes that could have made the PT Better

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by harrison13, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    First of all this is not a thread to talk about future releases of the PT on DVD. I just thought it would be interesting to here what people think could have been done differently to make the prequels more enjoyable. I do like the PT, I defend them all the time, but I can admit they could have been better. Here are just a few of my ideas.

1. Lucas should have written them all at the same time.
    For some reason he would just have ideas of where he wanted to go and certain scenes, but he did not write all 3 stories at once. I think the story would have been better had he written all three at the same time.

2. Should have let someone else write them
    I know this sounds contrdictory to my last post, but here me out. Since he likes just writing on the fly, it would have been better for him to have someone else write them, but be very involved in the process( ie Clone Wars). If you take a look at the Clone Wars show so far, it is great because Lucas is involved, but not steering the project.

3. No Qui-gon just Obi-wan/Anakin.

I liked the character of Qui-gon. I just feel that it would have been better to have Obi-wan and Anakin in the begining of TPM to show them together. Also like I have said in other threads, it would have been better to have Padme be saved by a young Jedi roughly her own age. It would make more sense for her to fall in love with him that way. It would not have been so forced. I would have liked to see Qui-gon as a council member, who maybe becomes the Dooku type character in AOTC.

4. Somethings Need to be a COnstant

What I mean by that is everything always changed. Each epiosde had a new ship, costume, and look. If Obi-wan would have looked the same in all three movies, that would have been awesome. In each movie they could have made him older. There where just too many things changing, nothing ever seemed the same throughout the PT.

This is all I have for now, I am sure I can think of more.

Strilo edit: We already have a bunch of threads for this type of thing. Please check the forum index.

2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    1. Get someone who actually cares about the OT to write the PT.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    I think filming two or all three movies together, similar to what Peter Jackson did with LOTR, would have helped primary actors with their character continuity and related line delivery.

Jake Lloyd was as good as you can get for a nine (actually 12) year old Anakin, but perhaps busting a few Jake flashbacks during Hayden's up front and early training would have worked better.

I know some liked it, but dovetailing AOTC with ROTS via Cartoon network was lame IMO. The newest Clone Wars toons proves my point -- and they would have made better movie material than what we actually got.

Lucas 'coulda, shoulda' used much of the Clone Wars cartoon movie and series material in the PT movies, canning Jar Jar and Naboo loves scenes and replacing them with trilogy action that matters.

Alas, while the OT was all about the hero and his journey -- the PT was purely concerned with marketing and Lucas' earnings . . . and it shows!

4. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I think the employment of first rate screenwriters and directors would've solved many subsequent problems.

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    1. More JarJar. We can't enough of the guy.

6. darth_degnan

darth_degnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    You both said it! I totally agree.

The suggestion to remove Qui-Gon is absurd. He was the best character (the acting was top notch as well) from the PT.

[face_skull]

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.