main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Changes to the Original Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Kran Starborn, Jul 28, 2013.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, it just means that when the good was resurrected it was his older persona. The good in him died, which is represented by the burnt husk and the evil is represented by the armor and then the old man underneath. The good man is then represented by the ghost.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  2. Rowboatcop

Rowboatcop Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah that must be it.

3. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I've never been bothered all that much by the inclusion of Hayden. But, it does open the door to more questions. If his spirit is that of Anakin before he turned to the dark side, does that mean the things he did wrong like kill sandpeople and execute Count Dooku make up that goodness? The way GL words it in that quote, this would seem to be the case. And, since it's his "former persona" as a Force ghost, does that mean he has no memories of all those years in the suit and the bad things he did?

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It just means that it is Anakin Skywalker and not Darth Vader. Nothing more and nothing less. Lucas just wanted it to be more symbolic visually.

Andy Wylde and Among the Clouds like this.
  5. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I think that in ANH there should be a short shot of Yoda cooking stew in his house.

What do you think?

markdeez likes this.
  6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Merging with existing 'Changes to the Original Trilogy' thread

7. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    With the advances in digital technology I think we should see him vacuuming.

8. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to see Yoda using the Force to vacuum.

Yoda closes his eyes and all floor dirt swirls upward in a massive vortex, blasts out the window and spirals downward into the swamp.

TOSCHESTATION and FRAGWAGON like this.
  10. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    When you said you wanted Yoda to use the force to vacuum, I thought you meant like him telekinetically controlling a vacuum cleaner... perhaps tidying up around the Jedi Temple while sitting on his levitation disc thing..... :D

lbr789 and FRAGWAGON like this.
  11. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm wondering if any version of ANH will be in print after 2020. Could Fox having the distribution rights forever cause ANH to end up forever out of print?

12. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    ANH
    Mos Eisley

ESB
    get to see more of cloud city, Vader's shuttle, and the Wampa
    ROTJ
    Extended celebration and Jaba's palace scene

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013

Given that the rights to ESB and ROTJ transfer to Disney in 2020, and that if the Sequel Trilogy stays on schedule all three of the films will be out then, that Disney will pay a colossal price for the ANH rights then so they can release a saga box set.

14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
  15. ElanMars

ElanMars Jedi Master star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    I like Adywan's changes.

I don't like that he kept the CG aliens in the Cantina and didn't leave it like it was originally though.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

That's because it is a silly thing to bring up. We can debate it til we're exhausted, but actors really shouldn't get dragged into it.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I find their perceptions on their own work interesting.

18. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    A New Hope
    • Remove the Jabba scene.
    • Han shoots first.
    • Add in the deleted scenes with Biggs.
    • If it was filmed, add the scene where Red Leader tells Luke that he knew Anakin. If someone watches the saga I-VI, that's a cool scene to have.
    The Empire Strikes Back
    • Add the deleted scene where C-3PO lures stormtroopers into a wampa nest. Clever 3PO!
    • If it was shot (it probably wasn't), add in the scene where Luke trains with a lightsaber on Dagobah.
    • Restore "Bring my shuttle." It showed a more intense, pissed off Vader after Luke got away.
    Return of the Jedi
    • MAYBE restore the scene where Luke builds his lightsaber, and the Vader scene leading into it. I'm torn on this one.
    • Add the scene where Yoda says "Obi-Wan would have told you, had I let him" about Vader being Luke's father. I think that brings an interesting new layer to Obi-Wan and Yoda.
    • If Hayden Christensen has to be there, film a better version of it rather than the copy/paste stock footage that was used for the DVDs.

19. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    It was filmed, it's included in the deleted scenes in the Blu-Ray set. It's kind of lame, though.

20. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

It would seem really out of place. There's no need for such a thing. It's better if we're left to wonder about Yoda until ESB.

Andy Wylde and Sarge like this.
  21. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004

I'll check that out. Sad to hear it's lame. I always liked the scripted version.

22. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I would love for there to be a scene added at the end of ANH of Vader finding out that the pilot that destroyed the death star is named luke skywalker. Add the scene right after luke gets off the xwing and celebrate, but before the whole celebration scene at the end.

Vader already knew about luke before the Emperor told him. He's chasing luke through out the start of ESB and says the name skywalker. I would love to see Vaders tie fighter land inside a star destroyer. As he gets out the ship one of the captains approaches vader, but vader keeps talking so the captain is walking along side Vader. He informs Vader that they were able to decipher the rebels communications during the battle. He starts naming off a few pilots

(I don't know who was red leaders, rogue 5 or whatever so this is just an idea)

"...the rogue 2 pilot is named Wedge Antilies, the Corellia ship was piloted by a Han Solo, and the communications made it clear that the name of the pilot that fired the torpedo's that destroyed the death star is named Skywalker,.... Luke Skywalker."

Vader stops walking. He looks at the captain.

Captain: "If there is nothing else my lord I will go ahead and send this information to the emperor.
    Vader: "There will be no need. I will deliver this information myself."

Captain hands over the tablet that has that info.

Captain: Yes my lord.

Vader looks at tablet... then looks at window. He walks over towards the window.

Vader: Skywalker?.....Luke?

This scene or something similar to it will still preserve that Vader is lukes father. First time viewers will just think Vader is shocked because Vader 'betrayed and murdered' lukes father. So they may think he's worried because the son of skywalker may want revenge. But for those who know Vader is lukes father it would be a great scene to see Vader actually find out ON SCREEN that he has a child.
    The saga is about Anakin/Vader. All his big moments are on screen, but we never see Vader find out he has a child. THATS BIG! That is the first time while he is in the dark side he would be having a thought that is not in the best interest for the emperor, but he's thinking about himself, his son, what this means. That would be a great moment.

Then after this scene we go back to Yavin IV and those big bay doors open where Han, Luke, and Chewie walk in. I know it will never happen but this would be the one thing I would LOVE to be added.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It was filmed. It was cut by Lucas because by that point, he had already decided that the clones flew with the Jedi during the war. There would be a compromise later on that would allow that bit from the novelization.
    The thing with "Bring my shuttle" is that it doesn't fit with Lucas's change showing Vader flying to the Executor. Lucas would have to cut all that out.
    The Lightsaber scene should be in there. It doesn't matter that we see the finished saber, since we see it on Luke's belt in the message to Jabba.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Clones were the only ones to fly in the war? They had rebel groups so why not normal pilots?

Then cut it out. Not needed. Why do we need to Vader going to his ship?

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Because the Jedi fought with the Grand Army Of The Republic, which was depicted in the PT as the Clonetroopers. We see that during the Battle Coruscant when only clones are featured flying alongside Anakin and Obi-wan. Lucas hadn't intended to feature non clones outside of officers as seen at the end of ROTS. Red Leader was originally a pilot from the Republic's military forces which was how the scene was written. The PT does not include the idea of local resistance fighters like in the EU and TCW.

It was a bit of continuity that had kinda nagged on Lucas about not seeing Vader going to the Executor. That's why that whole sequence was created and coming after the introduction of the Lambda class shuttles in ROTJ.

Andy Wylde likes this.