main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes to the Prequels. PT BOX SET

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obi_Will_Kenobi, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Will_Kenobi

Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2004
    Discuss all the rumours AND facts on the PT box set.

Namely the changes that will happen to the akready great prequels.
    Will Lucas ruin the PT?

Discuss

Mods- You know the drill.
    Users- You do too.

BTW- I used the search. Nothing great came up, only an old thread including a telling off from a mod.

LOck if appropriate.

Strilo edit: Check this thread as well as the ones linked below.

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
  3. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not sure if Lucas will make any additional changes but this is redundant.

4. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Please, no more changes. I can't take another mindless "Greedo shot first" type-debate.

5. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Latest rumor I heard is there's not gonna be a PT boxset, not this year anyway.

???

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Definately not this year on the PT boxset. I think its been rumored to be released in 2006-2007.

7. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Well maybe 2006 since they are probably going to have a Complete Saga Boxset out in 2007 for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars.

8. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I don't think GL will make a PT box set. Why do we need one? Lucas did the OT because he wanted digitaly restore those films to make them as good quality like the PT. Things like when Luke turned on his lightsaber, the Obi-Wan's lighstaber in the Duel with Vader, and the outline of the Rancor in ROTJ. Things like that. Lucas does not need to do that with the PT because he had no problem with the CGI and the Lightsabers and we don't need another disk of special features because we have 3 disks of how he made those films.
    Of course this is just my opinion.

Good Stuff

9. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Changes are needed for the prequels but only three. I think most will agree with me about those changes.

a) add the digital Yoda in TPM

I think Yoda is fine in TPM but he is much better in the other two films. Bring digital Yoda.

b) a longer duel between Obi Wan and Dooku in AOTC

Although after seeing ROTS that may be unneccesary as the point of the duel is clearly to show Dooku's great strength. He is simply much better than Maul and Obi Wan. Anakin beats Dooku only because Dooku's goal isn't to kill Anakin - unlike Obi Wan. He would have beaten Anakin on an average day.

c) Add the rebellion scenes involving Mon Mothma, Padmé and Bail in ROTS

This is important in the saga's story and Padmé's role is too little in the film. She is only Anakin's wife in the film. Her role needs to be bigger - because it was origianlly bigger. Add those scenes.

And there will be a prequel box set in 2006-2007. I hope it will be just the saga box set but if a prequel box set comes before, I will buy both of them. Especially if there are changes made first to the prequel box set and then later to the original films in the saga box set.

10. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Since they did replace the TPM Yoda puppet with a digital Yoda as a warm-up for ROTS, that change may very well happen.
    I would like to have a longer Yoda/Dooku duel in AOTC(with Dooku wielding two blades), but I don't need any more of Obi-Wan or Anakin.
    The rebellion scenes in ROTS where cut because the film wasn't quite working and Lucas decided to cut out most of the scenes that didn't have anything to do with Anakin. The original intention was to follow Padmé's story along with his, but that plan was changed. I don't mind that one bit, because the film is very strong as it is and I wouldn't want more talk scenes than necessary just for the sake of having more of Padmé.
    It's just like the cut scenes of AOTC, which would slow the film down tremendously if they were reinserted. The scenes are not necessary to understand the plot and therefore, they will not be reinserted.

Rebellion - it's overrated
    /LM

11. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I do think there will be a PT Boxset, if not this Christmas(I'm hoping it will be released then though) then Summer next year. The only change that really needs to be made is the replacement of TPM's puppet Yoda with a CG Yoda and a transfer clean up for TPM. I believe that these are the changes we'll see with a PT set. Lucas will probably hold off on anything else for the Saga Boxset, even then I'd say he'll mainly concentrate on tinkering further with the OT films. I still think there's a chance we'll get a PT Boxset, with an updated TPM, this Christmas though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.