main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes to Theed on Naboo?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Lutgerous, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I've noticed that the city of Theed on Naboo is different in every single movie except for Episode I and VI (the images they show are of an identical looking city). Why do you think this is so? Does the city keep changing or is this an error by the film crew?

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Downtown of my city has changed a lot in the past 3 years, not to mention the last 10. No reason why Theed would look exactly the same.

3. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    I know that Theed has changed, but the area around the palace in Episodes I and VI is practically the same except many Gungans are present in the latter. In Episode II, we saw a huge circular palace complex that was not visible in the other episodes when the city was shown and in Episode III, there were hardly any waterfalls present. The entire base of the cliffs was an industrial area like where the shuttle that took Anakin and Padme from Coruscant landed. Even the palace has a different shape. When we see the city again, more waterfalls are visible, it is not as industrialized below the cliffs, and palace returns to its Episode I form. Now why is that?

4. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    The circular complex was built by the Naboo after Trade Federation AAT's severely damaged the area. The complex was supposed to inspire Naboo's citizens.
    The area where Anakin and Padme's transport landed is not located near the palace. I think.

5. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    The circular complex was built by the Naboo after Trade Federation AAT's severely damaged the area.

Then how come everythings all perfect looking at the end of TPM?

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    It's probably not the same section of Theed. The transport surely is not the same place but on the outskirts. My question is where the ROTS location is?

7. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    The ROTS location (of Padme's funeral right?) has to be somewhere in Theed along one of its rivers. Did anybody notice the palace itself was different. The shape of its buildings were different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.